270soft Forum
Herbert Hoover

Biden's Eye Fills With Blood At Townhall

I saw that article on google alerts this morning and initially assumed it was an Onion article.

Its true, of course, but I’d also emphasize how exaggerated they (a Conservative news source) have made his “history of medical problems”.

He had surgery more than 30 years ago.  And had his gallbladder removed 16 years ago.

Claiming he’s been “long plagued by health problems” is not supported by the very short list they provide over a span of more than 30 years.

I noticed his eye during the town halls. I was wondering what was going on when I saw it. 

I watched about 4 1/2 hours of the 7 hours. Watched parts of everyone. I thought Yang, Sanders, and Warren did the best. Biden did alright. The others seemed somewhat uninterested in this issue compared to these four. O'Rourke had good moments. 

I don't know if it's age related, but it brings up another question mark re Biden's age.

Verbal slip-ups, confusing or fabricating details of important events, being unable to remember President Obama's name, are more worrying to me.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I don't know if it's age related, but it brings up another question mark re Biden's age.

Verbal slip-ups, confusing or fabricating details of important events, being unable to remember President Obama's name, are more worrying to me.

I'm wondering when he will forget who he is and say something like, "Look, you know, I met this man named Joe Biden...."

Democrats might be largely turning a blind-eye to this stuff right now, but Republicans won't be nearly as forgiving if the slip-ups continue.

8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

but Republicans won't be nearly as forgiving if the slip-ups continue.

Well, a lot of them are all too forgiving of their incumbent President, and many of the ruinous, lying, and/or deluded members they have in Congress and Governors' Mansions, which is killing any meaningful integrity and long-term viability of their party. In other words, they're too easily pleased (and deceived) in the short-term, and don't care about the future.

10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Democrats might be largely turning a blind-eye to this stuff right now, but Republicans won't be nearly as forgiving if the slip-ups continue.

That's my biggest worry with Biden. Republicans have taken almost no shots at Biden whatsoever compared to the attacks on candidates like Warren, Sanders, Harris, and even Beto. If Biden is really the best option to win against Trump, don't you think that Republicans would attack Biden and do their best to prop up the further left candidates? 

Biden isn't a nightmare to Republicans. I think he's their most preferred nominee with a realistic chance of victory. 

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, a lot of them are all too forgiving of their incumbent President, and many of the ruinous, lying, and/or deluded members they have in Congress and Governors' Mansions, which is killing any meaningful integrity and long-term viability of their party. In other words, they're too easily pleased (and deceived) in the short-term, and don't care about the future.

Unfortunately, it seems that being completely full of shit is not a disqualifier in modern politics.

1 hour ago, RI Democrat said:

Unfortunately, it seems that being completely full of shit is not a disqualifier in modern politics.

If it was no one would be allowed to run

2 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Biden isn't a nightmare to Republicans. I think he's their most preferred nominee with a realistic chance of victory.

My impression is that initially Reps didn't want Biden, but with how he has been campaigning, they are starting to think it might not be so bad after all.

My *guess* is that Warren and Harris are the strongest candidates for the general of the top 6 in polling right now. I'm skeptical of head-to-head polling this early on, since Republicans haven't actually started to campaign against anyone yet, certain Dem candidates have a higher profile, and so on.

I'm still wondering, with increasing implausibility, if there will be a 'deus ex machina' for Dems. Can effectively tack to the centre once they've secured the nomination, charismatic, not a geriatric, not a conventional politician.

3 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Trump is healthy as a horse, unlike Beta Cuck Joe Biden.

I still believe Trump's mental faculties are suffering, like Biden's. But Goldwater established that Americans voters have no right at all to know the state of mental health of their head-of-state or potential head-of-state - despite that being a crucial and vital piece of information. Three cheers for Goldwater and his "protection for potential Kim's, Niyazhov's, Gadaffi's, and Mputo's being elected to the White House" lawsuit. :S

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

I still believe Trump's mental faculties are suffering, like Biden's. But Goldwater established that Americans voters have no right at all to know the state of mental health of their head-of-state or potential head-of-state - despite that being a crucial and vital piece of information. Three cheers for Goldwater and his "protection for potential Kim's, Niyazhov's, Gadaffi's, and Mputo's being elected to the White House" lawsuit. :S

why

5 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Between those incidents and now the situation with his eye filling with blood; I would think Biden's family/campaign staffers would be pleading with him to undergo a full medical check ASAP.

16 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

why

He's erratic, he rambles semi-coherently, he's highly inconsistent, he's showing early signs of the emotional instability that can lead to dementia, he's been at notable times horribly out of touch with reality ("we'll nuke the hurricane - what could go wrong?" LOL), and his sense of consequences is completely askew. How can you sincerely and honestly say that's not at least POTENTIAL developing mental illness detrimental to performing the office of a head-of-state that should be looked into and that the voters have right to know the results of?

5 hours ago, admin_270 said:

5 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

That's my biggest worry with Biden. Republicans have taken almost no shots at Biden whatsoever compared to the attacks on candidates like Warren, Sanders, Harris, and even Beto. If Biden is really the best option to win against Trump, don't you think that Republicans would attack Biden and do their best to prop up the further left candidates? 

18 minutes ago, HamptonRoadsTVFan said:

Between those incidents and now the situation with his eye filling with blood; I would think Biden's family/campaign staffers would be pleading with him to undergo a full medical check ASAP.

I watched his climate town hall and , despite the bloody eye, and some typical Biden rambling, he seemed to be able to respond to questions better than Trump can do on a good day. 

22 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I watched his climate town hall and , despite the bloody eye, and some typical Biden rambling, he seemed to be able to respond to questions better than Trump can do on a good day. 

If the criteria is how much you agree with him, sure.

6 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Republicans aren’t in play.  Have you seen Trump’s approval rating among them?

3 hours ago, admin_270 said:

I'm still wondering, with increasing implausibility, if there will be a 'deus ex machina' for Dems. Can effectively tack to the centre once they've secured the nomination, charismatic, not a geriatric, not a conventional politician.

I’m not sure what you mean.  Are you calling for a 25th Democrat to enter the race?  

5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I’m not sure what you mean.  Are you calling for a 25th Democrat to enter the race?  

I feel like Buttigieg fits the bill perfectly. He's charismatic, young, and (unironically) gay (not conventional)

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I feel like Buttigieg fits the bill perfectly. He's charismatic, young, and (unironically) gay (not conventional)

I love Buttigieg.  He is the anti-Trump in every way.  I’m surprised by how many of my friends have never heard of him yet.

We urgently need just a top five debate.  He would fly to the top.

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I love Buttigieg.  He is the anti-Trump in every way.  I’m surprised by how many of my friends have never heard of him yet.

We urgently need just a top five debate.  He would fly to the top.

I don't know how many African-Americans will support Buttigieg - or Harris, for that matter - when both of their support of policing and correctional tactics that unfairly - even criminally - affect African-Americans disproportionately gets brought up much moreso -probably not by Trump, but probably by some PAC.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I don't know how many African-Americans will support Buttigieg - or Harris, for that matter - when both of their support of policing and correctional tactics that unfairly - even criminally - affect African-Americans disproportionately gets brought up much moreso -probably not by Trump, but probably by some PAC.

Buttigieg has been making major strides towards healing with the African American community.  He even admitted that he failed in his efforts to reform police in his city, which I felt was a huge moment in the first debate.