270soft Forum
admin_270

September 12th Debate lineup

59 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Meanwhile, it looks like Biden was making more verbal slips last week, except this seems to go beyond a mere slip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-he-campaigns-for-president-joe-biden-tells-a-moving-but-false-war-story/2019/08/29/b5159676-c9aa-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

Apparently, he told the same story different ways. I really think his memory is going. 

People often make mistakes about stories that are years old. But this is a story he's telling as a Presidential candidate in public. At the very least, he should get the details right beforehand.

I think the two major options here are either it shows a lack of preparedness and judgment, or it shows he is having memory problems.

29 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

There is no reason Klobuchar should be up here over Gabbard

Klobuchar is the establisbment pick over Gabbard. 

34 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Klobuchar is the establisbment pick over Gabbard. 

Klobuchar is polling better. 

7 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Gabbard is polling better in a few polls but they weren't DNC approved ones. Actually just about every poll where Gabbard was relevant weren't approved ones.

The October debates are likely to be broken up in two nights because Steyer at least makes it and everyone of these 10 already have. Does Gabbard make it then as well? Maybe but at least it'll be broken up in to two nights again. 

30 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Gabbard is polling better in a few polls but they weren't DNC approved ones. Actually just about every poll where Gabbard was relevant weren't approved ones.

The October debates are likely to be broken up in two nights because Steyer at least makes it and everyone of these 10 already have. Does Gabbard make it then as well? Maybe but at least it'll be broken up in to two nights again. 

Dont count out Orb Mom!

38 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

In Iowa.  Nationally she's been at 0% or 1% in every poll for weeks.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Dont count out Orb Mom!

That's true too! Steyer has the best chance but she wouldn't exactly be a surprise in making it.

12 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

Maybe because the polls are lower quality? 

37 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Maybe because the polls are lower quality? 

I'm sure they have their reasons but it doesn't help when Tulsi Gabbard and her campaign is crying foul. 

4 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I'm sure they have their reasons but it doesn't help when Tulsi Gabbard and her campaign is crying foul. 

Just because she’s crying foul doesn’t mean anything - she’s saying things are not “transparent” when the rules have been out there for at least six months. 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Just because she’s crying foul doesn’t mean anything - she’s saying things are not “transparent” when the rules have been out there for at least six months. 

I'd say it means a considerable amount that a candidate is throwing a bit of a fit. Sure she could be doing it to keep attention on her, but she is still crying foul which I'm not sure who it looks worse for, her or the DNC. Maybe it's her but I don't think either come out looking great. 

Personally I think they've been settling the debates in a backwards way to begin with. 

1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

I'd say it means a considerable amount that a candidate is throwing a bit of a fit. Sure she could be doing it to keep attention on her, but she is still crying foul which I'm not sure who it looks worse for, her or the DNC. Maybe it's her but I don't think either come out looking great. 

Personally I think they've been settling the debates in a backwards way to begin with. 

I don’t know polling organizations well enough to say who should and shouldn’t have been there. This is one of the first times a primary like this is taking place and I personally think the DNC tried to make it as fair as they could (now, the no virtual caucus thing I don’t really like)

Just now, Hestia11 said:

I don’t know polling organizations well enough to say who should and shouldn’t have been there. This is one of the first times a primary like this is taking place and I personally think the DNC tried to make it as fair as they could (now, the no virtual caucus thing I don’t really like)

I will fully admit that I do not have the most favorable view of the DNC as a whole. Since I don't have a very favorable view of them it's easier for me to fall on Gabbard's side. It's also easier because during 2016 Sanders' campaign and his supporters also cried foul. Did they make it as fair as they could? Maybe. Could it have been better? Seemingly.