270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hestia11

Denmark

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Did you ever take a good look at the world today - a REALLY GOOD LOOK - and how much shit is in it so many have no problem when they REALLY SHOULD, and them not seeing the problems - the REALLY BIG PROBLEMS, the massive "elephants in the room" - and realize why I'm always so angry and make these long tracts?

I honestly just thought you were constipated.

10 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I honestly just thought you were constipated.

So I'm not alone in my thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

So I'm not alone in my thoughts?

Oh you've never been on this one Wendy.

On 8/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, Patine said:

Is there an electoral or Constitutional law saying they'd have to abandon their endemic parties and replace them wholesale with affiliates of the Democratic and Republican Parties of the United States. Certainly Puerto Rico hasn't done that. Also, Greenlandic politics doesn't fit well or cleanly on the American view of the political spectrum, really, so it would be really hard to say. Social Democratic and Environmental economics are very popular all around in Greenland, but are divorced from Socially Conservative and Socially Liberal viewpoints, which both exist. Also, most parties are Anti-Immigration, regardless. And Inuit language and cultural rights are tied most strongly into the Socially Conservative parties. So make of that what you will.

I wouldn't have thought immigration would be much of an issue in Greenland, given its remoteness. If anything, I'd think they might benefit from immigration as long as they have the infrastructure to accommodate them. 

4 hours ago, RI Democrat said:

I wouldn't have thought immigration would be much of an issue in Greenland, given its remoteness. If anything, I'd think they might benefit from immigration as long as they have the infrastructure to accommodate them. 

Which they don't have. Plus, the Inuit ethnic majority in Greenland, who currently control the government since self-rule in the '80's are wary of what happened to their fellows in Nunavut, Labrador, and Northern Quebec and Alaska, and know that immigration could easily overwhelm them - even if the discovery of resources came to be an issue - as Inuit families are traditionally small, and Inuit culture quite insular, by nature. Also, the Inuit cultural is not bothered by being surrounded by large tracts of virtually uninhabited land - in fact, it seems to better suit their cultural view on things, as a rule.