270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ThePotatoWalrus

Who are you?

38 minutes ago, jnewt said:

That was always my view of business majors. Plus you really learn whatever you need to know on the job. If you're planning on working in business you may as well study whatever you want. Are you still planning to go to college?

I definitely have the opportunity to do so. My dad even offered to pay for it for me. My current plan for wealth is to invest and gamble wealth for now (sportsbetting and online Texas Hold 'Em), while working decent paying jobs until I can afford to diversify my income into real estate and start my small business (I sell canned baked beans right now online lmfao)

My dad wants me to become a nurse or pharmacist for some reason.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I definitely have the opportunity to do so. My dad even offered to pay for it for me. My current plan for wealth is to invest and gamble wealth for now (sportsbetting and online Texas Hold 'Em), while working decent paying jobs until I can afford to diversify my income into real estate and start my small business (I sell canned baked beans right now online lmfao)

My dad wants me to become a nurse or pharmacist for some reason.

Sell us on some damned beans!

Just now, Herbert Hoover said:

Sell us on some damned beans!

My friend who's a former Marine veteran and I can special beans marketed to disaster preppers with extra preservatives and shit (like honey, etc.) for a small side hustle. We figure it'll take off once the Democrats nominate someone and they get touted as the antichrist by Trump supporters.

10 hours ago, jnewt said:

I'd be curious what majors people were (or currently are/planning to major in) and where they went to college as well as any graduate degrees and what they've done with those degrees. For some reason, I find that kind of thing very interesting. I looked up the college majors and advanced degrees of all the 2020 candidates and found many of them quite fascinating.

I'm majoring in economics at a small college in New England. I also went to a well-known Catholic college before transferring. I was originally a political science major, but changed my major out of fear that I wouldn't be able to get a job as a political science major. I don't have the outgoing personality that seems to be a requirement to work in that field, and thus, felt I wouldn't even be able to get hired.

I started out as a theater major.  Took a semester off to work at Disney World, where my film major roommate inspired me to drop out and just get out there and audition.

I did get  lead roles in every local theater show I auditioned for, but it was never enough to pay the bills so I eventually joined the Air Force as a Radio & TV broadcaster (think Robin Williams in “Good Morning, Vietnam”).

I was in Iraq when Congress announced the post 9/11 GI Bill.  I could go back to college for FREE...and they would PAY me a salary to do so.  I recognized a golden parachute when I saw one, and got the fuck out of Dodge at the first opportunity.  

Got my honorable discharge out of the Air Force and went back to school for Corporate Communications.  Graduated top of my class — they even brought me back as the Commencement Speaker the following year.

A few years later, I went for my MBA because money was tight and thanks to the post 9/11 GI Bill, I’d basically get paid to get my MBA (for free) as if it was a second job.  

But after one semester, I received a major career opportunity which required me to move to another state.  I dropped out of the MBA program, intending to switch to a local one in my new state...but I ended up loving my new job so much that I have no intention of ever leaving, and therefore no rush to get another degree to make me qualified for something else.

I may still eventually go back and finish it just to get the extra money that I’d be paid for attending the classes, since it’s free anyway — but right now I’m focused on my career and parenting.  Maybe when my daughter is too cool to hang out with me anymore, I’ll have the time to go back.

As for what I did with my Corporate Communications degree, I make six figures as the official spokesman and Director of Communications for a conglomerate of 12 hospitals and 64 clinics.

my goals to next years ,medium long term anothers time to think for now, are one good salary,have family etc

i current study in university of system analyzes computer programmer ,i have one dog

my childhood are so so i make things of oldchildhood play soccer despiste as bad and etc have somes good friend but i very shy in child and my socialskills are bad,

i like action movies and somes anothers of this i prefer old movies don't like this netflix era

no interessed thing recently

On 8/21/2019 at 5:35 AM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'd like to get to know some of the forum members here a little better. I know very little about any of you.

What are your goals? What drives you? Are you happy? Do you have a dog? What was your childhood like? What are your favorite movies? Can you juggle? What interesting stuff has happened recently? That sort of stuff, anything.

Goals? 

Long term is to become a politician of some description, short term to beat the Anxiety disorder and burnout I have.

Drives me?

The desire to help people.

I am happy?

Due to the Anxiety disorder and burnout, no.

Dog? 

No but a 14 year old female cat.

Childhood?

Not great got bullied in school, was diagnosed with Autism and had only 1 long term friend.

Favourite movies?

Friday the 13th series, Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy, Kizumonogatari Trilogy and others.

Juggle?

No.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:35 AM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

What are your goals? What drives you? Are you happy? Do you have a dog? What was your childhood like? What are your favorite movies? Can you juggle? What interesting stuff has happened recently? That sort of stuff, anything.

My goal is to make some kind of positive impact on someone or something in my life. 

My family and close friends are what drives me. 

While there are ups and downs I'm generally a happy person. 

My childhood to me was pretty normal nothing out of the ordinary. 

My top 5 favorite movies in no particular order are

1 Empire Strikes Back 

2 National Lampoons Vacation 

3 2002 Spider-Man 

4 Goodfellas 

5 Forrest Gump 

I cannot juggle 

I recently moved out of my parents house 

Goals? 

Ultimately, to be elected to the US Senate (and hold my man Rand's seat)

Drives me?

The fight for liberty

Dog? 

Yes, cocker-spaniel

Favorite movies?

Star Wars (originals and Rogue One are the best; Revenge is only good prequel; Sequels suck), Mission: Impossible movies (Ghost Protocol is the best); Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade)

Juggle?

Nope