270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Actinguy

Beto relaunching his campaign, with focus on gun shootings and other tragedies

Beto is back from a week off to mourn the shooting in El Paso.  

The new Beto 3.0 appears to be a massive improvement on what we've seen lately.  He's more sharp, more focused, and has a new strategy.  He's going to focus on limiting mass shootings and bringing attention to the Trump administration's atrocities by ignoring Iowa state fairs and going instead to the areas impacted by Trump ICE raids, etc.

It's a bold strategy for a man who NEEDS a bold strategy in order to become relevant.  

Call me crazy, but for the first time since I became aware that he existed, I think he actually has a chance now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/15/beto-is-back-kind/

24 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

The new Beto 3.0 appears to be a massive improvement on what we've seen lately.  He's more sharp, more focused, and has a new strategy.  He's going to focus on limiting mass shootings and bringing attention to the Trump administration's atrocities by ignoring Iowa state fairs and going instead to the areas impacted by Trump ICE raids, etc.

It's a bold strategy for a man who NEEDS a bold strategy in order to become relevant.  

Call me crazy, but for the first time since I became aware that he existed, I think he actually has a chance now.

He, like so many others, terms Donald Trump as THE problem, not just a symptom of the much greater problem. This "single-target solution" political attitude is highly misguided and counter-productive, as I've said quite a few times. The problem would still exist without Donald Trump - he just makes a nice mouthpiece with a history of realty show acting. And the problem will continue to exist without him - especially if everyone is delusionally singing "ding dong, the warlock's dead," (rhetorically, not literally, of course) and acting as if things will magically be better and the problem mostly dissipated.

33 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I think the biggest problem for Beto, is how many Betos have been running around since 2018.

Heard something on Bill Maher's show a few weeks ago like "Everybody is running to be President or to get a cabinet position, Beto is just running because he's going through a midlife crisis and wants to force us all to watch it." Lol

14 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Heard something on Bill Maher's show a few weeks ago like "Everybody is running to be President or to get a cabinet position, Beto is just running because he's going through a midlife crisis and wants to force us all to watch it." Lol

It's also kind of accurate. Guess a broken clock is still right twice a day. 

15 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

It's also kind of accurate. Guess a broken clock is still right twice a day. 

Bill Maher is a professional idiot but this is completely accurate. Beto doesn't even know who he is.

1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

Seems to be a good strategy as last opinions polls tells he's back to 5/6%.

51 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Bill Maher is a professional idiot but this is completely accurate. Beto doesn't even know who he is.

Oh come on, I'd vote for Bill Maher over like 19 of the Democrats running

18 hours ago, Natalie said:

100% true

22 hours ago, Natalie said:

Oh come on, I'd vote for Bill Maher over like 19 of the Democrats running

I think the majority of people running in 2020 are untrustworthy, have questionable ties or ethics, failed track records, or just give bad vibes - and this DEFINITELY includes Trump. I fear for another 2004 or 2016 style election, where, by the GE, is just between two repugnant, morally bankrupt monster, and the corrupt and rigged, and arguably illegal, two-party control of governance cheats and steals yet another election, offering no true choice to the voters.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I think the majority of people running in 2020 are untrustworthy, have questionable ties or ethics, failed track records, or just give bad vibes - and this DEFINITELY includes Trump. I fear for another 2004 or 2016 style election, where, by the GE, is just between two repugnant, morally bankrupt monster, and the corrupt and rigged, and arguably illegal, two-party control of governance cheats and steals yet another election, offering no true choice to the voters.

I honestly believe if the Democratic nominee is anyone other than Bernie, Trump will win reelection

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

I honestly believe if the Democratic nominee is anyone other than Bernie, Trump will win reelection

But don't you think Americans deserve a BETTER choice, all-in-all? Or are cheated and stolen elections something you consider you acceptable to suffer from time-to-time if those are the candidates the failed, corrupt parties who have worn out their welcome, but the control the electoral system as firmly as if there were two United Russia parties in Russia, and rigging the whole electorate system against anyone they don't nominate?

Silly. Ridiculous, why is he doing this?

Run for senate Beto. Your home state needs you. You clearly care about El Paso enough and you want to heal whats happening at home, what is this going to do? Start small and then run for president again in a few years if you're really in it to help people cause you're not going to win in the DNC primaries and another Trump supporting GOP senator is still senator.

11 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Yawn

Yes, I agree. It is quite boring. And the results will no doubt be another failure and disappointment who will be elected, and proceed to break or "unable to fulfill" most of their big campaign agendas and NOT to serve their people and nation, and not to even touch the core problems and root issues plaguing, rotting, and, in the long-term, killing the United States as a nation and civilization from within, but play "whack-a-mole" with the symptoms thereof, and congratulate themselves on "a job well done." And a number of pressing will even get worse. And this will almost certainly be the case regardless of which of the two "viable" parties' nominee gets elected.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

Yes, I agree. It is quite boring. And the results will no doubt be another failure and disappointment who will be elected, and proceed to break or "unable to fulfill" most of their big campaign agendas and NOT to serve their people and nation, and not to even touch the core problems and root issues plaguing, rotting, and, in the long-term, killing the United States as a nation and civilization from within, but play "whack-a-mole" with the symptoms thereof, and congratulate themselves on "a job well done." And a number of pressing will even get worse. And this will almost certainly be the case regardless of which of the two "viable" parties' nominee gets elected.

Your favorite candidate is literally a perennial loser who supports government-sanctioned attrocities that occur in Venezuela, North Korea and (somewhat) Cuba lmao

glorialariva.png

11 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Your favorite candidate is literally a perennial loser who supports government-sanctioned attrocities that occur in Venezuela, North Korea and (somewhat) Cuba lmao

glorialariva.png

As I said, how are these nations any worse than your useless lump idol in the White House being buddy-buddy with Saudi Arabia, if I may ask? Also, she's certainly not an ideal candidate - such would be almost a political cryptid in the American socio-political scheme for quite some time, unfortunately.

20 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lmao y'all see that vid of Beta male changing a tire? Lmfao what a goofy ass.

I'd asked you twice now, and evading the question with a stupid and pointless anecdote is not an answer, nor any real point. How is Donald Trump supporting Saudi Arabia a more defensible position or higher ground the La Riva supporting North Korea or Venezuela? Let's hear this one. My intelligence is pre-emptively prepared to be insulted.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

How is Donald Trump supporting Saudi Arabia a more defensible position or higher ground the La Riva supporting North Korea or Venezuela?

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'm waiting for an answer on how supporting Saudi Arabia is somehow supporting a more defensible and less repugnant nation than supporting North Korea. You still haven't answered the question.

I see you've logged back in @ThePotatoWalrus. I still await your answer to this question. You obviously must have a real opinion, as you brought up the comments that triggered it three separate times on these forums now.

Come on, @ThePotatoWalrus, spit it out. If supporting North Korea and "countries like it" is a huge indicator of how bad a politician La Riva is, and that she deserves no support and is a failed politician for that flaw alone, how does, by your same standard, Donald Trump not get the same mark against him for supporting Saudi Arabia? I'm still waiting.