270soft Forum
vcczar

10 Reasons Why Trump Might Not Lose

10 Reasons Why Trump Might Not Lose  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my 10 reasons in the first post are reasons why you might feel optimistic (or pessimistic if you don't like Trump) that Trump might win in 2020?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • I don't think any of these will have an impact. The election will like be a tossup for reasons not listed here.
    • This entire list is BS, Trump is the worst president in US History and will be defeated easily.
  2. 2. Which of my lists seems more convincing?

• 10 Reasons Why Trump Might Lose
    • 10 Reasons Why Trump Might Not Lose
  3. 3. Who are you most likely to vote for?

• Donald Trump
    • Elizabeth Warren
    • 3rd Party or Not Vote (but would have voted Democrat if the nominee were Biden)
    • 3rd Party or Not Vote (but would have voted Democrat if the nominee were Sanders)
    • 3rd Party or Not Vote (but would have voted Democrat if the nominee were Gabbard)
    • Voting Trump here, but would have voted for Biden or another Democrat in the running that isn't Warren over Trump.
    • 3rd Party or Not Vote

I decided to make a 10 Reasons Why Trump Might Not Lose since I wrote 10 Reasons Why Trump Might Lose: http://270soft.ipbhost.com/topic/16179-10-reasons-why-trump-might-lose/

Here are my 10 reasons:

1. Two-term presidencies of Clinton, Bush, Obama in a row show that the power of incumbency is too strong to defeat. 
  2. Trump's base is much more loyal, and much more numerous in key battleground states, than any Democratic candidate's base is loyal or numerous in key battleground states. 
  3. The economy is the most important factor, which means Trump will get enough votes, even from Conservatives that hate him. 
  4. Trump will do whatever it takes to raise his approval just enough to get the votes he needs in key battleground states. 
  5. Democrats don't have enough appeal in key battleground states. 
  6. Democratic candidates have major flaws, which will make it easy for Trump to tear them apart. 
  7. Trump hasn't been as bad as a president as even some Republicans feared; therefore, Trump will have much more support this time around. 
  8. The Sanders-AOC-Omar Wing of the Party is likely to hurt Democrats in Key Battleground states more than they will help them. 
  9. The Democratic candidates, while all greatly more favorable than Trump now, will see their favorability plummet by election day. 
  10. Russians will help Trump. 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

Democratic candidates have major flaws, which will make it easy for Trump to tear them apart. 

To me this is one of the big questions right now. How will Biden stand up to over 5 1/2 months of campaigning (just to get to the first primary)? Will the other candidates grow? What potential scandals are there re the Dem candidates? Could there still be a 'deus ex machina' candidate (Oprah, Abrams, ...?)?

The last couple of weeks since the debate, where Biden has continued to make verbal slips, have increased the question mark I have about whether he is up for this.

3 hours ago, admin_270 said:

To me this is one of the big questions right now. How will Biden stand up to over 5 1/2 months of campaigning (just to get to the first primary)? Will the other candidates grow? What potential scandals are there re the Dem candidates? Could there still be a 'deus ex machina' candidate (Oprah, Abrams, ...?)?

The last couple of weeks since the debate, where Biden has continued to make verbal slips, have increased the question mark I have about whether he is up for this.

I agree that Biden is not at all up for this.  He’s winning because people loved him 10 years ago, but the majority of voters have not seen how badly he is slipping mentally.

Ill still take him over Trump 100 times out of 100.  But hoping we can choose someone who is mentally up for the marathon general election.  

11 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

but the majority of voters have not seen how badly he is slipping mentally.

Ya, if this continues, I have a hard time believing it won't start to be noticed by more rank and file voters in early Dem primary states.