Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Best Candidates of the 21st Century

Best Candidates of the 21st Century  

25 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the Best Democratic Candidate of the 21st Century

    • Al Gore
    • John Kerry
      0
    • Dennis Kucinich
    • Howard Dean
      0
    • John Edwards
    • Barack Obama
    • Hillary Clinton
      0
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Cory Booker
      0
    • Elizabeth Warren
    • Mike Gravel
      0
    • Kamala Harris
      0
    • Pete Buttigieg
      0
    • Julian Castro
    • Tulsi Gabbard
    • Beto O'Rourke
      0
    • Amy Klobuchar
      0
    • Marianne Williamson
      0
    • Andrew Yang
      0
  2. 2. Who is the Best Republican of the 21st Century

    • George W Bush
    • Pat Buchanan
      0
    • John McCain
    • Mitt Romney
    • Ron Paul
    • Mike Huckabee
      0
    • Alan Keyes
      0
    • Rudy Giuliani
      0
    • Newt Gingrich
      0
    • Rick Santorum
      0
    • Jon Huntsman
    • Michelle Bachmann
      0
    • Herman Cain
      0
    • Donald Trump
    • John Kasich
    • Ted Cruz
    • Marco Rubio
    • Ben Carson
      0
    • Jeb Bush
    • Chris Christie
      0
  3. 3. Who is the Best 3rd Party Nominee of the 21st Century



Recommended Posts

1. Jim Webb

2. Carly Fiorina

3. Bob Barr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

New Poll

Since it won't allow me to choose an "other" option for Third Party, nor to complete the vote without entering one of the pre-stated ones, I will list my choices here.

Democratic - Dennis Kucinich

Republican - Ron Paul

Third Party - Rocky De La Fuante or Gloria De La Riva (more or less of  tie)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine are:

1. Obama (I like Kucinich, Sanders, and Warren more though)

2. Huntsman

3. Johnson by default (Nader screwed Gore)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, vcczar said:

New Poll

So, any chance of an expanded list or "other' option added under Third Parties so I can actually vote? Or will I be locked out again because only the "biggest and most visible options" will be included?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patine said:

So, any chance of an expanded list or "other' option added under Third Parties so I can actually vote? Or will I be locked out again because only the "biggest and most visible options" will be included?

Added other just for 3rd party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, what the heck, let's rank the Republicans given my knowledge about them, give me something to do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reagan04 said:

Ah, what the heck, let's rank the Republicans given my knowledge about them, give me something to do.

 

Sorry? Is this meant for another thread, or a response to a PM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Sorry? Is this meant for another thread, or a response to a PM?

Nope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Businesswoman Carly Fiorina (CA)
  2. Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
  3. Businessman Herman Cain (GA)
  4. Gov. Scott Walker (WI)
  5. Dr. Ben Carson (MD)
  6. Sen. Rand Paul (KY)
  7. Rep. Ron Paul (TX)
  8. Speaker Newt Gingrich (GA)
  9. Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)
  10. Rep. Michelle Bachmann (MN)
  11. Sec. Tommy Thompson (WI)
  12. Sen. Mitt Romney (UT)
  13. Sen. John McCain (AZ)
  14. Gov. Jeb Bush (FL)
  15. Sen. Orrin Hatch (UT)
  16. Gov. Bobby Jindal (LA)
  17. Gov. Mike Huckabee (AR)
  18. Gov. Rick Perry (TX)
  19. Businessman Steve Forbes (NJ)
  20. Sen. Sam Brownback (KS)
  21. Sen. Fred Thompson (TN)
  22. Gov. Buddy Roemer (LA)
  23. Mr. Alan Keyes (MD)
  24. Mr. Gary Bauer
  25. Gov. Tim Pawlenty (MN)
  26. Gov. Chris Christie (NJ)
  27. Amb. Jon Huntsman (UT)
  28. Mr. Mark Everson (IN)
  29. Gov. George Pataki (NY)
  30. Gov. Jim Gilmore (VA)
  31. Gov. John Kasich (OH)
  32. Gov. Gary Johnson (NM)
  33. Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC)
  34. Rep. Tom Tancredo (CO)
  35. Rep. Duncan Hunter (CA)
  36. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (MI)
  37. Mr. Pat Buchanan (VA)
  38. Mayor Rudy Giuliani (NY)
  39. Mr. Tom Laughlin (CA)
  40. Mr. Jack Fellure (WV)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:
  1. Businesswoman Carly Fiorina (CA)
  2. Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
  3. Businessman Herman Cain (GA)
  4. Gov. Scott Walker (WI)
  5. Dr. Ben Carson (MD)
  6. Sen. Rand Paul (KY)
  7. Rep. Ron Paul (TX)
  8. Speaker Newt Gingrich (GA)
  9. Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)
  10. Rep. Michelle Bachmann (MN)
  11. Sec. Tommy Thompson (WI)
  12. Sen. Mitt Romney (UT)
  13. Sen. John McCain (AZ)
  14. Gov. Jeb Bush (FL)
  15. Sen. Orrin Hatch (UT)
  16. Gov. Bobby Jindal (LA)
  17. Gov. Mike Huckabee (AR)
  18. Gov. Rick Perry (TX)
  19. Businessman Steve Forbes (NJ)
  20. Sen. Sam Brownback (KS)
  21. Sen. Fred Thompson (TN)
  22. Gov. Buddy Roemer (LA)
  23. Mr. Alan Keyes (MD)
  24. Mr. Gary Bauer
  25. Gov. Tim Pawlenty (MN)
  26. Gov. Chris Christie (NJ)
  27. Amb. Jon Huntsman (UT)
  28. Mr. Mark Everson (IN)
  29. Gov. George Pataki (NY)
  30. Gov. Jim Gilmore (VA)
  31. Gov. John Kasich (OH)
  32. Gov. Gary Johnson (NM)
  33. Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC)
  34. Rep. Tom Tancredo (CO)
  35. Rep. Duncan Hunter (CA)
  36. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (MI)
  37. Mr. Pat Buchanan (VA)
  38. Mayor Rudy Giuliani (NY)
  39. Mr. Tom Laughlin (CA)
  40. Mr. Jack Fellure (WV)

Is not even putting Trump mean you're acknowledging and stating him as the RINO he is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Is not even putting Trump mean you're acknowledging and stating him as the RINO he is?

I really dislike the term RINO or DINO, not to mention there is a couple on that list who have been slandered as RINO's anyway as is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Democrat was easy.  The best Democrat is one who can win a general election — and of the list, only Obama has achieved that to date.

Republican was easy too.  Of the list, he was the one who managed to win a general election while also showing compassion.

I know some here hate him.  But I think it’s notable that Bush was clear from day one that we were in a war against terrorists — NOT Muslims.  He was consistent on that from day one.  Trump makes no such distinction.

For third party, I found all the listed candidates to be deeply flawed.  I said Other even though I don’t have a specific other in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentLiberty said:

I really dislike the term RINO or DINO, not to mention there is a couple on that list who have been slandered as RINO's anyway as is. 

Well, in most other nations, where belonging to a political party actually MEANS something (which is the vast majority of other partisan-based political systems in the world, with maybe the exception of the "Parties of Power" in some Post-Soviet States), one is judged commonly by how well one adheres to the ideology, beliefs, and goals of the party they claim allegiance. But since the US political party system (at least the two Duopoly Parties) is a farce anyways, and the two main parties are actually "non-parties" and empty, hollow, vapid labels, anyways, I suppose you may have a point with regard to those two "parties" (using the term "party" in regards to those two very loosely).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

Is not even putting Trump mean you're acknowledging and stating him as the RINO he is?

Honestly I just forgot about him to tell you the truth, I try not to think about him, I'd put him under Buchanan but above Giuliani.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:
  1. Businesswoman Carly Fiorina (CA)
  2. Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
  3. Businessman Herman Cain (GA)
  4. Gov. Scott Walker (WI)
  5. Dr. Ben Carson (MD)
  6. Sen. Rand Paul (KY)
  7. Rep. Ron Paul (TX)
  8. Speaker Newt Gingrich (GA)
  9. Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)
  10. Rep. Michelle Bachmann (MN)
  11. Sec. Tommy Thompson (WI)
  12. Sen. Mitt Romney (UT)
  13. Sen. John McCain (AZ)
  14. Gov. Jeb Bush (FL)
  15. Sen. Orrin Hatch (UT)
  16. Gov. Bobby Jindal (LA)
  17. Gov. Mike Huckabee (AR)
  18. Gov. Rick Perry (TX)
  19. Businessman Steve Forbes (NJ)
  20. Sen. Sam Brownback (KS)
  21. Sen. Fred Thompson (TN)
  22. Gov. Buddy Roemer (LA)
  23. Mr. Alan Keyes (MD)
  24. Mr. Gary Bauer
  25. Gov. Tim Pawlenty (MN)
  26. Gov. Chris Christie (NJ)
  27. Amb. Jon Huntsman (UT)
  28. Mr. Mark Everson (IN)
  29. Gov. George Pataki (NY)
  30. Gov. Jim Gilmore (VA)
  31. Gov. John Kasich (OH)
  32. Gov. Gary Johnson (NM)
  33. Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC)
  34. Rep. Tom Tancredo (CO)
  35. Rep. Duncan Hunter (CA)
  36. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (MI)
  37. Mr. Pat Buchanan (VA)
  38. Mayor Rudy Giuliani (NY)
  39. Mr. Tom Laughlin (CA)
  40. Mr. Jack Fellure (WV)

I’d say there are 5 candidates on this list for whom I have a favorable opinion. In your top 10 are 6 of the candidates that are probably in my bottom 10. Rubio is like my line in the sand. Anyone more socially conservative than him is dangerous in my opinion. I’m much more tolerant on fiscal conservatism. As long as someone doesn’t want to abolish social security or doesn’t refuse to send emergency aid in a Katrina like situation, then I can tolerate it. 

I really wish both major parties were socially liberal or progressive and the major disagreements were just economic and foreign policy. If this were the case, I wouldn’t be bound to just voting for the one major party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Obama (by far, except for Mommy Gabbard)
2. Trump (love Ron Paul the most)
3. Nader (also by far)

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

3. Johnson by default (Nader screwed Gore)

No

5 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

6. Sen. Rand Paul (KY)
7. Rep. Ron Paul (TX)

blasphemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.Bernie because he moved party and the generation to the left and introduced progressive vision of the future

2.McCain because he was a good man full of integrity who put country over party

3.Nader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:27 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

blasphemy

False

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

False

 

14 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Ron > Rand

Ron Paul had pure vision and devotion to his political agenda, and if I only agree with part of it. Rand Paul sold out half of his vision to make himself more "mainstream."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Patine said:

 

Ron Paul had pure vision and devotion to his political agenda, and if I only agree with part of it. Rand Paul sold out half of his vision to make himself more "mainstream."

Rand is just as principled as his father.  He doesn’t shy away from fights in the Senate even if he has to stand alone on an issue.  He is anything but a sellout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Rand is just as principled as his father.  He doesn’t shy away from fights in the Senate even if he has to stand alone on an issue.  He is anything but a sellout.

Yeah like he had balls for blocking the 9/11 bill by asking for cuts for it first, another principled, unpopular, yet morally right move for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...