270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Actinguy

Klobuchar Qualifies for next debate

Requirements to qualify for the next series of debates are significantly higher than the last few debates, and as such are expected to knock out at least half of the current candidates -- probably more.

Candidates for the next series of debates must achieve at least 2% in at least FOUR national, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, or Nevada polls -- AND have at least 130,000 unique donors.

Amy Klobuchar announced today that she has surpassed the donor requirement, and as she already had the polls, that means she's in.

This brings our current debate invitation list to...

Biden, Buttigieg, Harris, Sanders, Warren, O'Rourke, Klobuchar.

I fully expect Castro and Yang to ultimately receive an invitation as well -- they both already have the donors, and are just a single poll away while still having almost an entire month to get there.

Everyone else is likely to fail this test of campaign strength and longevity.  While some...especially Gabbard...could feasibly reach the donor requirement, none of them are close on polls.  Steyer leads the pack with a whopping TWO of the necessary four polls, but as an extremely late entrant with no political experience and is a billionaire self financing his campaign, he's unlikely to inspire more than 125,000 donors in the next four weeks.

Imagine Steyer paying people to donate to him via "charity" lmao.

1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

Requirements to qualify for the next series of debates are significantly higher than the last few debates, and as such are expected to knock out at least half of the current candidates -- probably more.

Candidates for the next series of debates must achieve at least 2% in at least FOUR national, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, or Nevada polls -- AND have at least 130,000 unique donors.

Amy Klobuchar announced today that she has surpassed the donor requirement, and as she already had the polls, that means she's in.

I fully expect Castro and Yang to ultimately receive an invitation as well -- they both already have the donors, and are just a single poll away while still having almost an entire month to get there.

Everyone else is likely to fail this test of campaign strength and longevity.  While some...especially Gabbard...could feasibly reach the donor requirement, none of them are close on polls.  Steyer leads the pack with a whopping TWO of the necessary four polls, but as an extremely late entrant with no political experience and is a billionaire self financing his campaign, he's unlikely to inspire more than 125,000 donors in the next four weeks.

I thought Booker was in too 

8 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Yep, you’re right.  I missed him.

That means we are likely to be RIGHT at 10 members of the September debates. This is actually kind of disappointing as I would have preferred for the stage to be winnowed to at least 5-6, but by the time November rolls around I'm sure that we will be down to at most 12 declared candidates and only 6-7 making the stage. 

I would like to see Marianne qualify for the debate.I mean,i dont like her but she is fun to listen to.

16 hours ago, Rodja said:

I would like to see Marianne qualify for the debate.I mean,i dont like her but she is fun to listen to.

She’s on track to hit the donor requirements, but polling will be an issue. I’ve never heard a candidate ever be so popularly accused of literal murder/manslaughter however as she is frequently on Twitter (the assumption that people died because of her appears to be based on the assumption that she ever offered her services as a replacement for medicine - which is unsupported or refuted by every credible source I’ve read).

19 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

She’s on track to hit the donor requirements, but polling will be an issue. I’ve never heard a candidate ever be so popularly accused of literal murder/manslaughter however as she is frequently on Twitter (the assumption that people died because of her appears to be based on the assumption that she ever offered her services as a replacement for medicine - which is unsupported or refuted by every credible source I’ve read).

16 hours ago, Rodja said:

I've recently read about her. She seems to be complete wacko with off-the-wall and very bizarre beliefs she promotes, and quite probably a quack, con artist, and snake oil saleswoman.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I've recently read about her. She seems to be complete wacko with off-the-wall and very bizarre beliefs she promotes, and quite probably a quack, con artist, and snake oil saleswoman.

I believed that when I was just taking things I saw off Twitter and making it my opinion but after actually reading a lot further into her I can’t find any of the spooky criticisms of her that were true. 

4 hours ago, Patine said:

Absouletly.I just said she is funny to listen to.I would hate to have her as nominee.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:02 PM, Actinguy said:

GabbarRequirements to qualify for the next series of debates are significantly higher than the last few debates, and as such are expected to knock out at least half of the current candidates -- probably more.

Gabbard has reach donor goal too now