270soft Forum
Conservative Elector 2

Mike Gravel dropped out

It would have been good to hear him speak at the debate stage, but unfortunately there was no real chance for him.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/455914-gravel-to-form-liberal-think-tank-after-suspending-campaign

Yesterday he spoke positively about Gabbard, Sanders and Warren.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/455906-mike-gravel-id-be-ok-with-tulsi-warren-or-bernie

He could have been on the stage, but he didn't have the polls to get him in as a tie break. He reached the donor mark though while also adding to the general political discussion and those are accomplishments

I am aware of this, but I guess the DNC was also not on his side.

I lost a lot of respect for Gravel toward the end of his campaign. Ideology we line up, but his behavior was basically the progressive version of Trump. Unpresidential and unfit for the presidency. 

I regret donating money to his campaign. 

13 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Unpresidential and unfit for the presidency.

I get the sinking feeling that candidates like this on both sides will become preeminent, even winning far more often than they should, for a while into the future, given the current state and seeming viewpoint of the majority (or a very large plurality, at least) of the American electorate. :(

21 minutes ago, Patine said:

I get the sinking feeling that candidates like this on both sides will become preeminent, even winning far more often than they should, for a while into the future, given the current state and seeming viewpoint of the majority (or a very large plurality, at least) of the American electorate. :(

Yeah. Marianne Williamson is pretty bad. A lot of her former employees are highlighting how incompetent and self-centered she is as an executive. Her comments and actions on AIDs, Fat People, Vaccines, and other areas make her seem even more anti-intellectual than Trump. Gravel, to his credit, is at least an intellectual, regardless of how deplorably bomb-throwing he is.  

20 hours ago, vcczar said:

I lost a lot of respect for Gravel toward the end of his campaign. Ideology we line up, but his behavior was basically the progressive version of Trump. Unpresidential and unfit for the presidency. 

He never wanted to be President.He just wanted to add pacifist stance to debates.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:30 PM, vcczar said:

I had probably chipped in one dollar as well. Just to hear him at the debate stage.

Wikipedia now states his twitter says he will drop out "soon".

He's officially endorsed Bernie, despite saying last week he was planning to do media work for Tulsi in September, and his teens saying that he was planning to meet with Marianne and Warren.

I know it wasn't a 'real' campaign, but this type of disorganization really got to me by the end.

25 minutes ago, lizphairphreak said:

He's officially endorsed Bernie, despite saying last week he was planning to do media work for Tulsi in September, and his teens saying that he was planning to meet with Marianne and Warren.

I know it wasn't a 'real' campaign, but this type of disorganization really got to me by the end.

What got to me was his "bombthrowing" he was attacking Democrats more than Trump or Republicans. He routinely Tweeted "F*** You" to some of the Democrats, generally Delaney and Biden. I used to like Gravel a lot, but he was turning into the Liberal Trump---totally unpresidential. 

I was never for Gravel running this campaign because I knew that he wasn't in it to win it. If you are running you should be running to win. While his intentions were good, I didn't donate to his campaign or support it in any way for that reason.

But I am glad he endorsed Bernie, was worried he might endorse Tulsi which would have been dumb. 

On 8/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, vcczar said:

What got to me was his "bombthrowing" he was attacking Democrats more than Trump or Republicans. He routinely Tweeted "F*** You" to some of the Democrats, generally Delaney and Biden. I used to like Gravel a lot, but he was turning into the Liberal Trump---totally unpresidential. 

Yeah, I think that type of stuff also showed really clearly just how uninvolved he actually was with his own campaign. I guess props to the teens who ran it and made some headlines and, I guess, moved the needle (on what, though? They needed Marianne Williamson of all people to bolster their fundraising) in a way I would've loved to have had the opportunity to do as a teen. However, there was such an anarchist way of running that campaign that only privileged white male teens would feel comfortable with. It started feeling like the worst of the gamer community

Gravel endorsed Bernie but Tulsi is using old video to mislead people in believing he endorsed her.This is something Twitler would do.