270soft Forum
SilentLiberty

Does Joe Biden drop out before Iowa?

Does Joe Biden drop out before Iowa?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does Joe Biden drop out before Iowa?

2. 2. If Yes, does he re-enter the race at anytime?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't think he will drop out before Iowa.

For any reason at all, do you think Joe Biden will drop out before Iowa?

Just now, admin_270 said:

Yes, if the money dries up.

While I voted no, I think there is a possibility he will. Not just because of fundraising, but because I think just running is going to wear him out and he won't really want to just lose to Trump. I am leaning toward him staying in before Iowa though because I think he believes only he can beat Trump while also defending his/Obama's legacies.

Ya, I'm not predicting he will drop out before Iowa, I'm saying I think it's possible if the funding dries up.

I also think it's possible if he gets hammered in national %s.

Joe will certainly not drop out before Super Tuesday.If it is bad night for him he will drop out then.

6 hours ago, Rodja said:

Joe will certainly not drop out before Super Tuesday.If it is bad night for him he will drop out then.

I agree with this.

I expect every candidate who qualifies for the October debates to stay in through Super Tuesday and hope to get lucky -- especially with Texas and California being huge delegate states so early in the competition.  

13 hours ago, Rodja said:

I agree with this

6 hours ago, Actinguy said:

I expect every candidate who qualifies for the October debates to stay in through Super Tuesday and hope to get lucky -- especially with Texas and California being huge delegate states so early in the competition.  

I don't agree with this, Fiorina was like #4 in October and dropped out a good while before super tuesday.

19 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I agree with this

I don't agree with this, Fiorina was like #4 in October and dropped out a good while before super tuesday.

#3 actually

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

#3 actually

Carson was up there too wasn't he? But I think he stayed in for a while for some reason.

15 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Carson was up there too wasn't he? But I think he stayed in for a while for some reason.

Correct, for a time Carson was actually beating Trump in early November for a week in the polling average, the only person to take the lead from Trump since he took it in the Late Summer. And for a time before that it was 3 non-politician outsiders that made up the top 3, Trump, Carson, Fiorina.

Since he's pretty much been the front-runner since entering the race; I think unless either a disaster strikes or funds dry up Biden makes it at least past Iowa.

That said, Biden's presidential campaign history has not been very good (KO'd due to the plagiarism scandal during the '88 campaign {and likely would have been best case scenario forced to withdraw had he stayed in following his suffering a brain aneurysm - with I believe Biden even speculating that he might have died had he not been forced out of the race} and finished 5th in Iowa in 2008 before deciding to fold up his tent)

No way. He's not gonna leave before Iowa unless he dies.