• Somewhat unfavorable
    • Very unfavorable
  2. 2. What is your opinion on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

• Very favorable
    • Somewhat favorable
    • Neither favorable or unfavorable
    • Somewhat unfavorable
    • Very unfavorable
  3. 3. What is your opinion on Ilhan Omar?

• Very favorable
    • Somewhat favorable
    • Neither favorable or unfavorable
    • Somewhat unfavorable
    • Very unfavorable

1 minute ago, HonestAbe said:

If you denounce Islam based on the radicals you are no better than Omar. 

For a rare time, I agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

For a rare time, I agree with you.

Let’s relish it while it lasts

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

India is by definition a secular country but crimes in the name of Islam are rampant.

The country is secular in name only. It has different laws for different religions, far less education, a more decentralized government, which allows for large communities of unsecularized people.

You seem to be ignoring the violence done by Hindus to Muslims, possibly because of your Islamophobia.  

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

AOC, as ridiculous as a platform she has, doesn't seem to actually be a piece of shit person like Omar has.

I'm all against Israel, but her tweets were pretty inappropriate regarding it, she has refused to condemn Al-Qaeda, stoning and such and described 9/11 as a way for Muslims to lose their civil rights because, "some people did something". I hate the Patriot Act but 9/11 wasn't orchestrated just so she could play victim.

Islam isn't a religion of peace. I would argue it isn't even a religion at all.

She sounds a lot like Trump when you word it like this. Weasel words, authoritarianism, and refusing to condemn radical terrorist groups amongst an awful base.

AOC and Trump are similar in that they play to a crowd. Omar is on a crusade.  (I picked that word on purpose)

6 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

AOC and Trump are similar in that they play to a crowd. Omar is on a crusade.  (I picked that word on purpose)

Trump and Omar both say awful stuff they actually believe in to shore up their base.

Cruz is on a dangerous crusade. Or is it not dangerous because he shares your religion? Food for thought, Abe.

24 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Trump and Omar both say awful stuff they actually believe in to shore up their base.

Cruz is on a dangerous crusade. Or is it not dangerous because he shares your religion? Food for thought, Abe.

In what ways is Cruz threatening America with his stance?

Just now, HonestAbe said:

In what ways is Cruz threatening America with his stance?

He, and other so-called, "Christian Fundamentalists" are always for ways to legally justify, especially in the most insidious, underhanded, and often hypocritical way, methods to deprive those whose lifestyles "they disapprove of" of the protections, in many areas, of the same Constitutional as everyone else - and the same rights the targeted groups should be fully guaranteed, with no "arbitrary moral" exceptions. Or have you not been paying attention to that part of the rhetoric of that camp of the GOP?

If you stay away from cable news and don't live in New York, AOC is very easy to avoid.  I pay her about as much attention as any other first term congressperson from hundreds of miles away (none).

Omar is awful.  Every other week she's in the news for another thinly veiled attack on Judaism and Israel, followed by a weak apology about how she was unaware she used words that have been coded slams on Jewish persons since before the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.  Nobody can be as naive as she proclaims to be.  Trump somehow engendering sympathy for her is the most astounding thing he's ever done.

AOC is someone I disagree with like 90% of the time, but I genuinely believe that she believes her heart is in the right place, which makes me have a somewhat favorable view of her. I don't see her as someone who is fake.

AOC is a do nothing, she’s way more interested in clapping back than legislations. She’s largely harmless on her own, but she inspires others.  

Omar....yeah she’s attempting to make significant change to our society. 

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

He, and other so-called, "Christian Fundamentalists" are always for ways to legally justify, especially in the most insidious, underhanded, and often hypocritical way, methods to deprive those whose lifestyles "they disapprove of" of the protections, in many areas, of the same Constitutional as everyone else - and the same rights the targeted groups should be fully guaranteed, with no "arbitrary moral" exceptions. Or have you not been paying attention to that part of the rhetoric of that camp of the GOP?

That’s not a threat to the US sovereignty. 

My point is Omar is purposely on a crusade to do just that. 

22 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

That’s not a threat to the US sovereignty. 

My point is Omar is purposely on a crusade to do just that. 

Sovereignty is not all politicians of a given nation are threat to. The "Christian Fundamentalist" are a threat to the very bedrock of the American Bill of Rights and form of government, which is just as bad. The fact that you have such a myopic, misguided viewpoint as to not see that underlines the lack of perspective and context on affairs that's I've seen as evident in you from the start.

13 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

I’ll ask again what specifically is Cruz pushing for that is a threat to the US

I just told you. The fact that you don't consider a potential (and desired, by Cruz and U.S. Politicians like him) to turn the American Constitutional form of government with guaranteed rights into a theocratic or theonymous dictatorship based on a warped and twisted misinterpretation of Biblical law as a threat to the United States as you know it, and the nation it has been defined as, more or less, since 1789, shows an immense lack understanding of the situation.

17 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

I’ll ask again what specifically is Cruz pushing for that is a threat to the US

Why, he's on a crusade to destroy American sovereignty and attempting to make significant change to society! Did you not get the memo about weasel words and phrases? 

On 7/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, vcczar said:

Would you say Christianity or Judaism is religion of peace or a religion at all? I would throw them all together in the same bin. Every one of them has extremists, fundamentalists, sects, and every one is mostly composed of good people that reject violence. 

It seems you reject Omar mostly because she's a Muslim, specifically, which makes you bigot. I can understand having no tolerance towards fundamentalist or extremist Muslims, but throwing them all together as not peaceful is profoundly ignorant. I have several Muslim friends, most of them born here, and they wouldn't lift a hand in anger. 

I don't think religion of peace or religion of war are useful terms. Religion is interpreted in many ways some of which have very positive and others which have decidedly negative consequences.

19 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I don't think religion of peace or religion of war are useful terms. Religion is interpreted in many ways some of which have very positive and others which have decidedly negative consequences.

I agree. Abu al-Bakr Baghdadi, Pat Robertson, and that wacko militant ultra-nationalist hyper-militant Rabbi you've linked articles and videos from a few times (last name starts with a 'k' when Romanized, I think), could all do the same kind of damage and atrocities with a hypothetical same vast military, financial, and political force at their disposal, and feel fully justified in doing so...

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

I agree. Abu al-Bakr Baghdadi, Pat Robertson, and that wacko militant ultra-nationalist hyper-militant Rabbi you've linked articles and videos from a few times (last name starts with a 'k' when Romanized, I think), could all do the same kind of damage and atrocities with a hypothetical same vast military, financial, and political force at their disposal, and feel fully justified in doing so...

Comparing Kahane and Baghdadi to Robertson is just a little ridiculous. One of them has hateful rhetoric the other two literally believe in the religious extermination of the other two groups.

3 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Comparing Kahane and Baghdadi to Robertson is just a little ridiculous. One of them has hateful rhetoric the other two literally believe in the religious extermination of the other two groups.

Some of the things Robertson has said have all but indicated a desire for violent religious intolerance and even "cleansing." He strikes me as just not going out all the way and saying it lest some wacko act, claiming to be a "supporter," or "fellow Soldier of Christ" and he, himself, suffered social consequences and even lawsuits. But his rhetoric seemed to be barely constraining a similar viewpoint.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Some of the things Robertson has said have all but indicated a desire for violent religious intolerance and even "cleansing."

Nope, he's never done that. Just like Ted Cruz isn't a theocrat. You have a tendency to turn Religious politicians into someone wanting to establish the next American Pope, Caliph, High Priest, or Chief Rabbi.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Nope, he's never done that. Just like Ted Cruz isn't a theocrat. You have a tendency to turn Religious politicians into someone wanting to establish the next American Pope, Caliph, High Priest, or Chief Rabbi.

Well, as I've said, Christianity, as properly practiced and observed through the Ministry of Church and the set Path to Salvation, has extremely minimal presence in politics anywhere in the world, and it never really has had a true and powerful there, because it's very, very difficult to reconcile serving God and serving or being Caesar. However, there's an abundance of people CALLING themselves "Christians," and who view themselves as such (or at claim to be such) in such a vocation, and have been since the days of the Roman Emperor Constantine I, but the fact that almost none can rectify the dichotomy inherent of such a thing, and many don't even try, is telling by how far, and flagrantly, they fall from what Christ has enjoined His followers to engage in life, and they even praise acts and ideals utterly anathema to the Ministry of Christ as though they were high virtues.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

CALLING themselves "Christians,"

So really you're just gatekeeping Christianity and the personal relationship that other people have with their Lord because it doesn't meet your standards. How does that make you any different from the ultra-conservative Christians who you deride doing the same? Why is it ok just because you have a liberal interpretation of the faith?

Just now, Reagan04 said:

So really you're just gatekeeping Christianity and the personal relationship that other people have with their Lord because it doesn't meet your standards. How does that make you any different from the ultra-conservative Christians who you deride doing the same? Why is it ok just because you have a liberal interpretation of the faith?

Because I am NOT going to say you and others MAY NOT carry on as you have, lest consequences on the Earth by a self-righteous Caesar deluded into thinking they speak for God be brought down upon you. And, other my proceselytization and sermonizing on the issue, I will not issue judgements as though I, myself, know whether or not the Father will judge you, I, or anyone else wanting on Judgement Day, or try to strongarm you up a Path of Salvation you're not wiling to walk on. Many of those religious leaders you praise, and ESPECIALLY the Church you personally belong to, do not have histories of allowing - or wanting to allow where situations stay their hand (like Freedom of Religion, which they often try to work around as much as possible) - but having the belief that political, legal, and social power on the Earth can be used to "force" Salvation and - especially your Church historically, but also others - that they already know who will be judged righteous and wanting on Judgement - and seemingly with the power to influence that choice. THAT is where I differ. Other than preaching, I will do - and force - nothing else in the world, and recognize that many people just WON'T be saved.