270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Temperament of a Great President

Here’s a question for everyone. What are at least 3 traits of the temperament of a great president and at least 3 traits of a temperament of a failed president?

26 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here’s a question for everyone. What are at least 3 traits of the temperament of a great president and at least 3 traits of a temperament of a failed president?

Positive traits:

-Advocacy for the good of the nation over component parts and demographics

-Accountability to the people and their needs and best interests

-A vision of advancing the nation's progress and betterment

Negative traits:

-Strong constraints of partisan loyalty and/or ideological purity

-Heeding advice and guidance on policy from corporate donors, lobby and special interest groups, religious organizations, labour union, NGO's and other such foundations, and foreign allied governments over the moods, desires, and zeitgeist of the people

-Warmonger (except in a purely defensive war or against an extistensial military threat with the actual military capability to fulfill the threat)

What a president does is less important than what a president is.  To be president is to be a symbol of all that is best about the United States.  The president is the embodiment of our history, our culture, our morality, our pride of achievement, our ideal of a civilization.  The president should, in the harsh light of public scrutiny, exhibit all of our virtues and none of our shortcomings.

Good

• Attractive appearance
  • Charismatic/good personality
  • Intelligent

Bad

• Extremely partisan
  • Ugly appearance or character
  • Lets others walk all over them (Obama, Scandinavian countries, Germany)

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Good

• Attractive appearance
  • Charismatic/good personality

Bad

• Ugly appearance or character

This is supposed to be a U.S. President, not a Hollywood actor. You REALLY do have a lot of growing up and maturing to do...

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

This is supposed to be a U.S. President, not a Hollywood actor. You REALLY do have a lot of growing up and maturing to do...

I don’t think he really believes this. 80% of what he says is to get angry reactions, I think. Better to just ignore him. 

42 minutes ago, Patine said:

30 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I don’t think he really believes this. 80% of what he says is to get angry reactions, I think. Better to just ignore him. 

I do actually believe this. I think a handsome, Reaganesque alpha male President is the best President for America as temperament is concerned.

11 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I do actually believe this. I think a handsome, Reaganesque alpha male President is the best President for America as temperament is concerned.

The feudal days of warrior kings died centuries ago. These traits are meaningless in a modern leader, and are, even, at times, a detriment. Plus, only out-of-touch, superficial, highly pretensious morons use "alpha," "beta," and "omega," for human beings. Our social dynamic is far closer to a herbivorous herb than a canine pack, zoologically speaking. GET A GRIP! You sound like an idiot!

34 minutes ago, Patine said:

Our social dynamic is far closer to a herbivorous herb than a canine pack

Herbivorous herb. 10/10 Steve Erwin would be proud.