270soft Forum
vcczar

Trump Ideology Poll

Trump Ideology Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to place Trump in one of these three ideologies, where would you place him?

• Moderate (Often bipartisan but is generally fiscally conservative and generally socially conservative; accepts popular liberal programs, even if reluctantly)
    • Conservative (Generally tows the party line with fiscal conservative and social conservative legislation and actions)
    • Traditionalist (Attempts to promote legislation and approve actions that aim to revert the country to an idealize past)

7 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

You’re adorable 

Okay, just admit you're a damned troll on these forums, delete your account, and be done with it. Do something HONEST here for once. And, @admin_270, can you please look into this joker's conduct and posts. I'm of the firm belief he is nothing but a troll, and I'm actually not alone on these forums in that belief. Effectively, I'm lodging a complaint.

Just now, Patine said:

And, @admin_270, can you please look into this joker's conduct and posts. I'm of the firm belief he is nothing but a troll

If you think he's a troll, don't feed the trolls.

Just now, admin_270 said:

Are you saying Obama chose Hillary Clinton as SoS for reasons of merit?

Versus loyalty?  Yes.  She was about the least loyal person he could have picked, in the immediate wake of the election.  McCain himself might have been more loyal to Obama than Hillary was, in the moment.

What other reason would there be, frankly, other than he believed that she had the experience and knowledge to do the job?

We can agree or disagree about whether he was correct in that assessment.  But as for why he picked her in the first place, I can't think of another reason in that moment.

Always a conundrum, if you are stuck in the fix hole do you want to be next to a sharpshooter or a person who protects your back. 

Or phrased another way, do you want to surround yourself with people who question decisions and elevate the conversation in the room, or do you want people who carry out your plan well. 

Either can be successful, but rarely can you do a little of each. 

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

If you think he's a troll, don't feed the trolls.

But he also responds to things I say that aren't directed at him. And again, I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Versus loyalty?  Yes.  She was about the least loyal person he could have picked, in the immediate wake of the election.  McCain himself might have been more loyal to Obama than Hillary was, in the moment.

What other reason would there be, frankly, other than he believed that she had the experience and knowledge to do the job?

We can agree or disagree about whether he was correct in that assessment.  But as for why he picked her in the first place, I can't think of another reason in that moment.

Also, Andrew Jackson firmly establishing the "spoils system," to the point that it's so entrenched today, few even question it or think to operate outside of it, was one of the biggest blows he made to damage the credibility, integrity, and respect - as well as efficiency and competence - of the U.S. Executive Branch.

8 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

He guaranteed her SoS in return for support during the 2008 general election, including Bill's campaigning. This helped to bring Hillary supporters into the fold and propel the general election campaign forward.

7 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

Always a conundrum, if you are stuck in the fix hole do you want to be next to a sharpshooter or a person who protects your back. 

Or phrased another way, do you want to surround yourself with people who question decisions and elevate the conversation in the room, or do you want people who carry out your plan well. 

Either can be successful, but rarely can you do a little of each. 

Ideally, you want someone who can shoot well so they can protect your back.  Someone who is loyal but bad with a gun is not someone I'd want to go to battle with.  They're as likely to accidentally shoot me as they are to accidentally save me.

For the cabinet, you'd want someone who elevates the conversation and questions you privately -- but when the time for conversation is over, they march forward with the plan you've approved.  That's what I look for in employees, at least.  I want people who are better at their job than I would be -- they can tell me if there's a flaw with my idea.  But at the end of the day, they're only seeing the part of the plan that they specialize in, whereas I have the big picture.  I appreciate their input and concerns, but there are times we have to march forward anyway because of some piece they aren't aware of.  

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

But he also responds to things I say that aren't directed at him. And again, I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Ah I see you taking the old “Get in line with my point of view or get out” stance.  You’re not required by law to engage with me. 

Actinguy don’t have similar view points on everything but we’ve never had an issue, and have had great convos. 

My issue with you is how you never bring anything to support your stances and I call you on it, and then you freak out. How many times has that scenario played out, 3,573 times roughly.  “Removing” me won’t automatically validate your posts. You’ve got to calm down a bit. How many times have you quit posting in the past year.  Drama city man. 

Please note there is an 'ignore user' feature if anyone doesn't want to read posts of someone. Hover over their name, click 'Ignore user'.

It doesn't solve all the problems, but as in real life, there are people one might find not worth spending energy listening to or responding to.

1 minute ago, HonestAbe said:

Ah I see you taking the old “Get in line with my point of view or get out” stance.  You’re not required by law to engage with me. 

Actinguy don’t have similar view points on everything but we’ve never had an issue, and have had great convos. 

My issue with you is how you never bring anything to support your stances and I call you on it, and then you freak out. How many times has that scenario played out, 3,573 times roughly.  “Removing” me won’t automatically validate your posts. You’ve got to calm down a bit. How many times have you quit posting in the past year.  Drama city man. 

Complete misanalysis of the situation, Dr. Phil.

4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Please note there is an 'ignore user' feature if anyone doesn't want to read posts of someone. Hover over their name, click 'Ignore user'.

It doesn't solve all the problems, but as in real life, there are people one might find not worth spending energy listening to or responding to.

Now, that feels like some fast-acting headache medicine (until people start quoting him, which never gets blocked, even though the checkboxes say it should).

"My first act will be to ask Megan Rapinoe to be my secretary of State," he said. "I haven't asked her yet, so this could be a surprise to her." -Jay Inslee

So this doesn’t fall into meritocracy, or nepotism 😜

19 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

"My first act will be to ask Megan Rapinoe to be my secretary of State," he said. "I haven't asked her yet, so this could be a surprise to her." -Jay Inslee

So this doesn’t fall into meritocracy, or nepotism 😜

Well, of course Trump isn't UNIQUE for nepotism or a lack of meritocracy. That doesn't mean, however, he's not notably and overtly guilty of nepotism and a lack of meritocracy. When I was in school, I was never absolved of being disciplined for wrongdoing by my mother by using the defense, "but such-and-such at school did it too."