270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Actinguy

Aaargh, SO Close (2020 US)

Played the default 2020 scenario, hands off but with two tweaks:

1)  Removed all candidates polling below 5% because the way the game does the primaries now, people polling at 0% can win in a landslide.

2)  Added Mike Pence and Mitt Romney along with default Trump and Weld.  This is to keep the Republican race competitive enough to avoid a general election blowout for Trump as the game usually produces with the default options.  These added candidates are unlikely to beat Trump, but they distract him until a Democrat candidate is finalized.

Beto O'Rourke won Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada.  But South Carolina went to Buttigieg and then Super Tuesday was all over the place.  Buttigieg and the rest of the candidates dropped out by early March, though Joe Biden stayed in until Beto crossed the finish line in late April.  Likewise, while he failed to sweep 100% of the states, Trump too sealed the nomination that same week in the end of April.

Beto ignored calls to add gender and/or racial diversity to the ticket -- preferring experience instead.  Beto names Joe Biden as his VP.

But Trump DOES hear the racial/gender call, dropping Pence for Nikki Haley.

2020 map ends up being exactly the same as 2016, though Beto/Biden are successful at flipping Wisconsin.  Still, it isn't enough.

But the most heartbreaking part here is the state level results.  Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Michigan, and TEXAS are each won by Republicans by a measure of 1% or less.  So close...but not close enough.

image.thumb.png.34ad7bc18cfd22f7707a21a468945344.png

Can i somehow play this 2020 scenario if i dont have subscription and am using older version of President Infinity?

4 hours ago, Rodja said:

Can i somehow play this 2020 scenario if i dont have subscription and am using older version of President Infinity?

Not this particular one, i think.