270soft Forum
vcczar

1st & 2nd Democrat Debate Poll

8 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Has the DNC said only 10 candidates will make it to the second round? I was still hoping Gravel could steal Williamson’s or one of the other candidates’ spots. 

No, not that I'm aware of. I mean second round as in the September debate, by the way. I don't imagine that Gravel or Williamson are going to break 2% in the polls AND hit the 130k individual donor requirement. 

For the July debates, I think that Gravel will likely be left out again just because he won't have a higher average polling number than any other candidate that made it on stage nor more donors. He'd have to pick up a lot of momentum and he's done nothing to do that.

No participant limit (yet). But the qualifying standards are doubled.  As mentioned above.  I’m pretty sure Detroit is locked in with two dates. So I’m sure all are expecting double digits still. 

32 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Has the DNC said only 10 candidates will make it to the second round? I was still hoping Gravel could steal Williamson’s or one of the other candidates’ spots. 

It will be two days again. 

https://theweek.com/speedreads/849871/are-democrats-likely-next-debate-just-33-days

I’ll guess

Bernie, Warren, Biden, Pete, O’Rourke, Booker, Castro, Inslee, BDB, Gabbard, Gillibrand, Harris, Klobuchar, Bennett, Hickenlooper, Swallwell

Thats 16, two nights of 8. 

29 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

No, not that I'm aware of. I mean second round as in the September debate, by the way. I don't imagine that Gravel or Williamson are going to break 2% in the polls AND hit the 130k individual donor requirement. 

For the July debates, I think that Gravel will likely be left out again just because he won't have a higher average polling number than any other candidate that made it on stage nor more donors. He'd have to pick up a lot of momentum and he's done nothing to do that.

Ok, that makes sense. I thought you meant the second debate.

And yea it doesn’t seem like Gravel is going to make the July debate but a man can hope. He has polled ahead of many of the candidates who made the debate though, including Gillibrand. 

1. Who won the debate and why? Harris, her attacks on Biden were great and she was clearly prepared for the debate

2. Who lost the debate and why? Williamson, all she had were weird answers with no policy whatsoever

3. Who had the best one-liner? Gillibrand: "No, it's my turn". Crowd didn't react to it and it hasn't been talked about much, I think that's cause most people didn't hear it cause it happened fast. But I loved it. 

4. Who was the most gaffe prone? Biden

5. Who was the most specific and organized? Harris

6. Who was the most personable/likable? Harris, Buttigieg

7. Who was the least personable/likable? Williamson

8. Who was the most presidential? Harris

9. Who would be the hardest for Trump to beat in a debate? Harris, Bernie

10. Has your opinion changed on any of the candidates. I think a little more highly of Harris. I never knew much about Williamson, but she dropped way down to the list of terrible candidates. Yang didn't do well, or anything for that matter, this was his chance to shine and he blew it (his accusations that NBC turned off his mic though are interesting and we'll see what comes of that). 

56 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

A Harris/Buttigieg ticket probably would be popular today. Checks most boxes for the Dems. 

No legitimate progressive though

18 minutes ago, jnewt said:

No legitimate progressive though

No, it sounds like one of those "law and order" tickets where the increase in criminals charged, prosecuted, and convicted still remain, generally, poor nobodies, and the big, wealthy, powerful criminals in government and it's band of taxpayer funded (but all accounting kept secret from taxpayers) band of organized criminal who match, in activities, intent, and lack of ethics, the U.S. Department of State definition of a "terrorist group" - the CIA, and among the Plutocrats, continue on, with no indictment or official acknowledgement of their criminal statuses, and perhaps even more funding and leeway for their heinous crimes than currently. Kamala Harris is a slaver - because she collaborates with the 13th Amendment-violating prison-industrial complex fully, and Buttigieg was a member of the CIA at one point, and thus, like George H.W. Bush or McMullin, can be guaranteed to have a vile criminal background - all kept seditiously secret.

If I were, for the sake of argument, "buying into the system" and proposing a ticket from actual Democrats running, I would choose Sanders or Warren as the main candidate and Yang as the running mate.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:36 PM, vcczar said:

1. Who won the debate and why?

1 Warren (she was arguably the strongest debater, most confident and most convincing and dynamic out of the people on stage)

2 Harris - same, perhaps the best and strongest overall performance.

2. Who lost the debate and why?

1 Ryan (his gaffe in discussion with Gabbard was the icing on the cake a of generally low debate performance.)

2 Probably Williamson (her performance was very unconventional)

3. Who had the best one-liner?

1 Klobuchar

2 Swalwell

4. Who was the most gaffe prone?

1 Ryan

2 Williamson

5. Who was the most specific and organized?

1 Warren

2 Harris

6. Who was the most personable/likable?

1 Inslee

2 Hickenlooper

7. Who was the least personable/likable?

1 Klobuchar

2 Harris (not on a personal level but I guess she is not the kind of person who I would enjoy to have a beer with)

8. Who was the most presidential?

1 Warren

2 Biden

9. Who would be the hardest for Trump to beat in a debate?

1 Booker

2 Harris

10. Has your opinion changed on any of the candidates. 

1 Warren and Booker have been better than I expected them.

2 Harris was stronger than I expected her.

I had the time to watch both debates now, therefore I am able to do that poll as well.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:38 PM, Actinguy said:

Debate hasn't aired yet, these are predictions. (To be clear, of this batch, I personally support Warren the most)

1. Who won the debate and why?  Beto O'Rourke.  Extremely low expectations, paired with actually training against a phenomenal debater (Ted Cruz) during the Senate election.

2. Who lost the debate and why?  Elizabeth Warren.  Expectations impossibly high compared to the others on the stage.  

3. Who had the best one-liner?  Beto O'ROurke

4. Who was the most gaffe prone? Bill DeBlasio

5. Who was the most specific and organized?  Elizabeth Warren

6. Who was the most personable/likable?  John Delaney

7. Who was the least personable/likable?  Bill DeBlasio

8. Who was the most presidential? Elizabeth Warren

9. Who would be the hardest for Trump to beat in a debate?  Beto O'Rourke

10. Has your opinion changed on any of the candidates  Probably not

I was wrong on every single prediction.