270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MBDemSoc

Reason for recent absence

I would just like to disclose to you all the reason for my recent absence and that is I have recently redeveloped an Anxiety disorder which I thought I had been cured of in 2015, not sure when I will be back but I am going into consultation about therapy on the 15th July.

17 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

I would just like to disclose to you all the reason for my recent absence and that is I have recently redeveloped an Anxiety disorder which I thought I had been cured of in 2015, not sure when I will be back but I am going into consultation about therapy on the 15th July.

Good luck and I hope that therapy does well for you! It makes a big difference for some people. I've had some friends go on medications that have helped immensely with their anxiety or depression. I hope that your doctor is willing to explore whatever avenue is best for your mental health :) 

35 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Good luck and I hope that therapy does well for you! It makes a big difference for some people. I've had some friends go on medications that have helped immensely with their anxiety or depression. I hope that your doctor is willing to explore whatever avenue is best for your mental health :) 

My referral to therapy was by my doctor, was also put on medication for it as well. 

2 hours ago, MBDemSoc said:

All the best for you, make sure to check in if you need someone to talk. 

As someone with social anxiety disorder, I understand what you're going through and wish you luck. I actually may need to take a similar "break" soon as well...

As someone who personally sees a psychiatrist (though not for anxiety), I highly recommend the option. There are a lot of people I see in RL, public figures on the news, people on forums (even this one - I won't drop any names) who benefit from psychiatric help. And DON'T listen Scientologist and other "anti-psychiatric, natural--spiritual-and/or-Dianetics-solutions wackos," - they'll only do harm, and then thoroughly exploit you and take over your life and finances after your mental health deteriorates in a calculated and predatory way.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

As someone who personally sees a psychiatrist (though not for anxiety), I highly recommend the option. There are a lot of people I see in RL, public figures on the news, people on forums (even this one - I won't drop any names) who benefit from psychiatric help. And DON'T listen Scientologist and other "anti-psychiatric, natural--spiritual-and/or-Dianetics-solutions wackos," - they'll only do harm, and then thoroughly exploit you and take over your life and finances after your mental health deteriorates in a calculated and predatory way.

I'm an atheist and have pretty much no money, so there are two major reasons why I would not fall in with the warned about crowd.