270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HonestAbe

Where does the current US economy rank all-time

Curious on thoughts where the current US ecomomy’s health and global impact ranks vs other eras in US history in the opinion of this board.  I’m really looking for a more micro time scale here.  I’d like to put up the last 2-5 year window vs other 2-5 year windows. 

4 hours ago, HonestAbe said:

Curious on thoughts where the current US ecomomy’s health and global impact ranks vs other eras in US history in the opinion of this board.  I’m really looking for a more micro time scale here.  I’d like to put up the last 2-5 year window vs other 2-5 year windows. 

Are you referring to such solid wealth, or living standards, opportunities, REAL average income, and economic benefits of citizens as a whole? The two concepts are VERY different.

I’d think you have to take several factors. From GDP to unemployment rate, to inflation, average worker pay, rate of growth in worker pay, and impact on world economy.  

41 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

I’d think you have to take several factors. From GDP to unemployment rate, to inflation, average worker pay, rate of growth in worker pay, and impact on world economy.  

I notice you skipped living standard and opportunities, which I specifically listed. Probably because the U.S. is lagging behind a majority (not all, but a majority in counted number) of other First World Nations in these two areas.

you can use any formula you wish, as long as you give evidence to support your summation.  Are you going to contribute your opinion where the last 2-5 years ranks in among other small tidbits of time in regards to a strong economy?  

Ive always looked at 1949-1954 as the benchmark to compare to.  Anyone have a better benchmark?