270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hestia11

Democratic Opportunity?

I am one of the people with the clearest knowledge that Joni Ernst (R-IA) is the absolute favorite to win in Iowa in 2020. But does she have it handled? Not so fast, I think. I encourage you all to check out this video launched by one of her competitors (perhaps the eventual Democratic nominee) Theresa Greenfield. It is slick, informative, and well-spoken. She had mismanagement in her past run for representative, but if she can find her way around that, she should be able to contest the seat. I'd like to see what you all think of her announcement video, I think it could be one of the better ones of the cycle. 

I think the video would have been better if it was more to the point rather than as drawn out and dramatic as it is. I could see it being easy to lose interest in the first 50 seconds of the video, and that is right about when it starts to pick up steam too. 

In general though is Ernst seat really considered all that safe?

2 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

In general though is Ernst seat really considered all that safe?

More so than you'd expect in a Republican-leaning state. 

2 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I think the video would have been better if it was more to the point rather than as drawn out and dramatic as it is. I could see it being easy to lose interest in the first 50 seconds of the video, and that is right about when it starts to pick up steam too. 

I agree, it is lengthy, but I think they shorten it for actual TV ads, at least that was the impression I was getting.

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

More so than you'd expect in a Republican-leaning state. 

That's fair, I think it's growing blue in it's own little way.

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I agree, it is lengthy, but I think they shorten it for actual TV ads, at least that was the impression I was getting.

Yeah, and honestly she has a pretty interesting story, so my feelings of the ad aside, I think she's a candidate to watch. It also seems like she would be able to appeal nicely across the state.

@Hestia11 I nearly fell out of my seat at Mauro's internals. Have you seen those? Ernst happens to be a favorite of mine in the Senate and I'm glad Iowans love their Joni.

3 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Hestia11 I nearly fell out of my seat at Mauro's internals. Have you seen those? Ernst happens to be a favorite of mine in the Senate and I'm glad Iowans love their Joni.

I have. It was a very bad decision for him to release those at all! I can't believe he did. 

15 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

I have. It was a very bad decision for him to release those at all! I can't believe he did. 

What is that? Also the ad is good, but could definitely be shortened. Also as you can tell I like Ernst, but I would still like a Democrat to hold the seat.

40 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

This is one of my favourite ads ever. Especially in last year's election.

Ha!  I enjoyed that.

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lmaooooo.

This, however, will always be my favorite ad:

That was a good burn for him versus Blunt