270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Patine Appreciation Post/Toast

7 hours ago, Patine said:

I've never heard of them. 

Really? Norm MacDonald is actually Canadian and was a star of SNL.

16 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Yes, Norm is so great. In journalism for one of our projects I wrote like my own Weekend Update script where I'd make fun of local news and stuff happening at the school like he did and won an award for best thing. Daniel Tosh is probably my favorite active comedian (Norm still does stuff but I don't know if I'd call him 'active' anymore)

Check out Norm MacDonald Live clips on youtube if you haven't already. Those contain most of my favorite material from him. He also had a special on Netflix a couple of years ago and has a new show on Netflix. I didn't find the new show to be too funny, though.

Just now, jnewt said:

Check out Norm MacDonald Live clips on youtube if you haven't already. Those contain most of my favorite material from him. He also had a special on Netflix a couple of years ago and has a new show on Netflix. I didn't find the new show to be too funny, though.

There's a YouTube channel called, "i'm not Norm" that posts daily Norm MacDonald vids from his stand-up career, Weekend Update, Norm Live and more. It's one of my absolute fav channels. One of my fav bits was the women drivers one. Frank Stallone was my fav running gag.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

There's a YouTube channel called, "i'm not Norm" that posts daily Norm MacDonald vids from his stand-up career, Weekend Update, Norm Live and more. It's one of my absolute fav channels.

Yes! I'm very familiar with that channel! Norm is probably my favorite comedian.

Just now, jnewt said:

Yes! I'm very familiar with that channel! Norm is probably my favorite comedian.

Well if we can't agree on anything else at least we agreed on that. And basketball, apparently. Who was your fav team this finals? I didn't think my Raps would do it but they did. Crazy.

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Well if we can't agree on anything else at least we agreed on that. And basketball, apparently. Who was your fav team this finals? I didn't think my Raps would do it but they did. Crazy.

I'm a Celtics fan but once they got knocked out I was rooting for anybody but the Warriors, so I'm happy with the Raptors winning.

2 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I'm a Celtics fan but once they got knocked out I was rooting for anybody but the Warriors, so I'm happy with the Raptors winning.

Same. I'm a LeBron-stan (where he goes I go, so Lakers first), Cavs second (Ohio), but anti-Warriors (preferably Eastern conference) was what I was rooting for. Sucks Klay and KD got injured but the Warriors benefitted from injuries in the 2015 Finals so sucks to suck.

Hope Kyrie doesn't leave the Celtics. Ainge finessed the Cavs asses in that trade a while back but still I was growing used to Celtics Kyrie.

5 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Lol looks like we agree on about everything in your interests thing except baseball (could never get into it). Do you watch boxing or participate in it? I used to box at this gym for stamina-training back when I did basketball.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lol looks like we agree on about everything in your interests thing except baseball (could never get into it). Do you watch boxing or participate in it? I used to box at this gym for stamina-training back when I did basketball.

I've thought about it and may eventually but as of now I've never boxed. For now I'm just a fan of watching and following it.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:12 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

There's a YouTube channel called, "i'm not Norm" that posts daily Norm MacDonald vids from his stand-up career, Weekend Update, Norm Live and more. It's one of my absolute fav channels. One of my fav bits was the women drivers one. Frank Stallone was my fav running gag.

That SO wouldn't fly nowadays.