270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Patine Appreciation Post/Toast

I just wanted to take a minute today, on National Corn on the Cob day to make an appreciation post for one of our forum-favorites @Patine

He, along with other special members like @vcczar and @Reagan and some others are the lifeblood on this forum that keeps making me come back everyday for more.

I never agree with @Patine on like almost anything, and although we grind each other's gears occasionally, like @Reagan04 said we are a wholesome forum family and me and everyone else here wish you nothing but the best homie. You can bet that if you got into a fight they'd have to get through me first 😤💪

@ThePotatoWalrus Ah yes good old @Reagan, he truly made his mark for that one day he visited on October 7th, 2009. 

Also, happy national Corn on the Cob day! Get out your butter dishes and corn holders!

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@ThePotatoWalrus Ah yes good old @Reagan, he truly made his mark for that one day he visited on October 7th, 2009. 

Also, happy national Corn on the Cob day! Get out your butter dishes and corn holders!

Lmao my bad. You gonna eat some corn today bc I might actually go buy some now.

1 minute ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

Too bad corn is literally the most disgusting vegetable there is other than porc

Oh, well on behalf of Nebraska and Iowa's corn, not sorry, just disappointed you feel that way.

22 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lmao my bad. You gonna eat some corn today bc I might actually go buy some now.

Lol do it, go put some money in the corn industry. :D

6 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

Too bad corn is literally the most disgusting vegetable there is other than porc

Peas tho

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I just wanted to take a minute today, on National Corn on the Cob day to make an appreciation post for one of our forum-favorites @Patine

He, along with other special members like @vcczar and @Reagan and some others are the lifeblood on this forum that keeps making me come back everyday for more.

I never agree with @Patine on like almost anything, and although we grind each other's gears occasionally, like @Reagan04 said we are a wholesome forum family and me and everyone else here wish you nothing but the best homie. You can bet that if you got into a fight they'd have to get through me first 😤💪

51 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I do appreciate the sentiment, but, I do have to admit, I have literally never heard of National Corn on the Cob Day before - not even in the endless, unrestrained flow of unvarnished American media we get here in Canada.

2 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

@admin_270, how do I delete someone else's account?

2 hours ago, Patine said:

I do appreciate the sentiment, but, I do have to admit, I have literally never heard of National Corn on the Cob Day before - not even in the endless, unrestrained flow of unvarnished American media we get here in Canada.

Lol. It's not a major holiday in the US today. It's just that every day has like two or three obscure holidays and I wanted to find a goofy one to commemorate you on. Have a good day.

21 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

@admin_270, how do I delete someone else's account?

Fr buttery salted cobbed corn is really good

6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Fr buttery salted cobbed corn is really good

So I love grilled corn. But I tend to boil my corn with some shrimp and old bay seasoning. If you haven't tried it yet, do it now!

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Is corn really a vegetable?

Yes. It's in the plant kingdom. However, mushrooms are NOT vegetables, because they're in the fungus kingdom, along with yeast, mold, and other such fun things.

27 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

So I love grilled corn. But I tend to boil my corn with some shrimp and old bay seasoning. If you haven't tried it yet, do it now!

Never tried that but I do love shrimp. Will def write it down!

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Is corn really a vegetable?

I thought it was a grain

8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

According to this article

https://www.organicfacts.net/is-corn-a-vegetable.html

it is a vegetable, grain, and a fruit.

However, how many mothers would accept the answer 'corn' when asking their child what vegetable they're going to have with dinner? The answer is approximately 0.0000%.

I feel like mothers in the corn growing states would probably disagree and would rather be thrilled if corn was the answer given, come to think of it I think most mothers would be happy to have a child who wants anything that could be considered healthy, even if it's corn of all things.

21 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

According to this article

https://www.organicfacts.net/is-corn-a-vegetable.html

it is a vegetable, grain, and a fruit.

However, how many mothers would accept the answer 'corn' when asking their child what vegetable they're going to have with dinner? The answer is approximately 0.0000%.

Fr. Corn tastes too good to be a vegetable.

9 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Corn is totally a vegetable, and so are french fries.

Poutine is the absolute highest and most superior way to serve French Fries. Unfortunately, it might mean crossing a land border and abandoning parochial viewpoints for the American posters on this thread to have a good, objective sampling. :P

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Poutine is the absolute highest and most superior way to serve French Fries. Unfortunately, it might mean crossing a land border and abandoning parochial viewpoints for the American posters on this thread to have a good, objective sampling. :P 

Americans know what Poutine is, lol. Even me (but I live really close to Cleveland so that's also a factor)

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I google image searched poutine, having no idea what it was.  Looks vaguely like fries, but not crisp enough.

Daddy needs his crispness.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

But yes, Poutine is really good. But nothing beats homeade fries slathered in vinegar, salt and ketchup in my opinion.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Americans know what Poutine is, lol. Even me (but I live really close to Cleveland so that's also a factor)

I didn't, but I have the palette of a five-year-old. 

Just now, Actinguy said:

I google image searched poutine, having no idea what it was.  Looks vaguely like fries, but not crisp enough.

Daddy needs his crispness.

Fry the cheese curds. Really good.

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Fry the cheese curds. Really good.

Cheese???  Wait, does poutine have cheese?  I'm out.