270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Which 2020 Dem has a killer instinct?

6 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

I snorted a bit

Oh, I see. It was sarcasm by @HonestAbe. And the easily amused, brain-addled bunch laughed at it, which is typical. The decline of what most Americans call and view as "humour" (I use the term lightly) in the modern day and age is a microcosm of the utter decline and slide downwards of American culture as a whole.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Oh, I see. It was sarcasm by @HonestAbe. And the easily amused, brain-addled bunch laughed at it, which is typical. The decline of what most Americans call and view as "humour" (I use the term lightly) in the modern day and age is a microcosm of the utter decline and slide downwards of American culture as a whole.

My brother.  Take a breath.  Exhale.  Smile.  We're only here for a limited time.  We all agree things aren't perfect -- maybe they never were, maybe they never will be.  We all just try to make our way through it, change what we can, and spend some degree of that time talking amongst each other, mostly strangers, about our thoughts and views.  But we also largely try to keep it light when we can, have some fun, play some games, and relieve a little bit of that stress that the real world shines down upon us.

Join us, if you would like to.  We can have real conversations and still have a good time, more often than not.  It doesn't always have to be the guy on the corner ranting about how doomsday is upon us.  People tend to ignore that guy and walk right past him.  Try meeting your audience where they are, and slowly shift their perspective.  You might find more success!

38 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

My brother.  Take a breath.  Exhale.  Smile.  We're only here for a limited time.  We all agree things aren't perfect -- maybe they never were, maybe they never will be.  We all just try to make our way through it, change what we can, and spend some degree of that time talking amongst each other, mostly strangers, about our thoughts and views.  But we also largely try to keep it light when we can, have some fun, play some games, and relieve a little bit of that stress that the real world shines down upon us.

Join us, if you would like to.  We can have real conversations and still have a good time, more often than not.  It doesn't always have to be the guy on the corner ranting about how doomsday is upon us.  People tend to ignore that guy and walk right past him.  Try meeting your audience where they are, and slowly shift their perspective.  You might find more success!

I'm not ranting about Doomsday. I would be on a VERY different forum if I were. I just find several posters' flippant attitudes and mockery to what I consider very valid and important points and oversights unbecoming of the rest of the posters who usually make up this forum, and such immaturity often frustrates me. That is what is it.

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm not ranting about Doomsday. I would be on a VERY different forum if I were. I just find several posters' flippant attitudes and mockery to what I consider very valid and important points and oversights unbecoming of the rest of the posters who usually make up this forum, and such immaturity often frustrates me. That is what is it.

I wasn’t flippant the first 47 times I read virtually the same reply regardless of the question or thread.   But everyone has a breaking point. 

4 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

I wasn’t flippant the first 47 times I read virtually the same reply regardless of the question or thread.   But everyone has a breaking point. 

The problem still stands. You still staunchly agree with it, without seemingly considering that the current system doesn't serve YOU at all - serves political elites, ultra-wealthy plutocrats, socially-destructive lobby group peddlers who don't care a wit about YOU - you're just a cog in their machine, denied any REAL choice or say in your leadership, which is not AT ALL accountable or transparent to you. You're stern defense of this system seems inexplicable to reason or your own interests, and maybe it should "break."

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

The problem still stands. You still staunchly agree with it, without seemingly considering that the current system doesn't serve YOU at all - serves political elites, ultra-wealthy plutocrats, socially-destructive lobby group peddlers who don't care a wit about YOU - you're just a cog in their machine, denied any REAL choice or say in your leadership, which is not AT ALL accountable or transparent to you. You're stern defense of this system seems inexplicable to reason or your own interests, and maybe it should "break."

@Patine I love you my brother. Every forum needs that one guy and you fill that role completely.

11 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@Patine I love you my brother. Every forum needs that one guy and you fill that role completely.

Bump

20 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Wholesome. We are a happy little forum family, aren't we? 

@Harris/Ernst 2020 You and I get to be the brother and sister that snort/chortle at everyone

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

@Harris/Ernst 2020 You and I get to be the brother and sister that snort/chortle at everyone

Don't snort too loud. Some might call you uncivilized, and offer you a Kleenex. :P

56 minutes ago, Patine said:

Don't snort too loud. Some might call you uncivilized, and offer you a Kleenex. :P

Lmao 😂

8 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Yes. I've become the person who just browses and snorts or laughs at everything.

8 hours ago, Patine said:

I am quite sick right now so it would be appreciated.

I'm going to tell you right now, no one has an answer to this question until the first debate. The smaller candidates haven't had the chance to refine themselves to the broader public and the big two (Biden and Sanders) are both just hanging onto their strength in the base that they have accumulated over the years, I'm surprised Biden is still doing so well considering his prior positions on most things and his sexual assault allegations but it probably gives him a sense of superiority and I can't wait for his bump to decline and Sanders, well, he's never been an aggressive one to say the least and he watches his words very carefully all the time. I also don't think he's much of a great debater and he was outmatched by Hillary's buzzword's last time (even though he did incredibly well for a long-shot, especially coming close in California and Illinois as well as Iowa.)

1 hour ago, wolves said:

and his sexual assault allegations

Yes, but Trump too skyrocketed despite sexual assault allegations. And, the key here is ALLEGATIONS. I personally am against accusations alone, regardless of what there accusations of, destroying a person. EVERYONE deserves due process, and justice by mob mentality or guilt on accusation is damned Dystopian. We must remember, in the U.S. (or what is now the U.S.) alone, the Salem Witch trials, lynchings of "likely suspect" Black men in the Old South, and, of course, the Red Scare and the "anti-Terrorist" racial profiling in the "War on Terror" days. Allegations alone MUST NEVER be considered guilt, or there is no justice for ANYONE, by default.