270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheLiberalKitten

Australia 2004

1 hour ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

After making the 2007 Australia Scenario, I'm going to continue to make more scenarios. 2004 is next :D

Why not just jump back to some more interesting elections? :P

17 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why not just jump back to some more interesting elections? :P

I'm honestly tempted! :D

1975 is one I really want to do! 

I also want to do the 1983 one in tribute to Prime Minister Bob Hawke. 

:D

I'm also tempted to just start from the beginning 😛

1 minute ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I'm honestly tempted! :D

1975 is one I really want to do! 

I also want to do the 1983 one in tribute to Prime Minister Bob Hawke. 

:D

I'm also tempted to just start from the beginning 😛

Keep in mind that, with the last option, the 1901-1919 Federal elections would be run the same as Canadian or British elections, as the Australian electoral system didn't start until 1921. Plus, the Australian Senate was originally appointed by the Governor General on the advice of the Prime Ministers, with the 12 members per State being an appointment quota, like Canada's Senate system - I can't remember the year Australian Senators started being elected. And, prior to 1974, the Northern Territory and the ACT had no members of Parliament at all - neither in the House of Representatives nor the Senate. :P

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Keep in mind that, with the last option, the 1901-1919 Federal elections would be run the same as Canadian or British elections, as the Australian electoral system didn't start until 1921. Plus, the Australian Senate was originally appointed by the Governor General on the advice of the Prime Ministers, with the 12 members per State being an appointment quota, like Canada's Senate system - I can't remember the year Australian Senators started being elected. And, prior to 1974, the Northern Territory and the ACT had no members of Parliament at all - neither in the House of Representatives nor the Senate. :P

Oh! Good to know :D

I'm honestly learning about each Election as I make them 😛

8 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Oh! Good to know :D

I'm honestly learning about each Election as I make them 😛

Plus, I believe the individual State Labor Parties in five of the six States (Tasmania didn't have a State Labor Party yet, but one Independent-Labor MP was elected from Tasmania) were not a Federal Party in organization yet, and ran and campaigned, and were organized, separately (and likely had some differences here and there in platform). The other two parties seemed to only significantly differ in trade policy - they were actually outright called the Protectionist and Free Trade Parties. There also seemed to be a successfully elected Independent from Queensland, and possibly a number of failed Independent candidates.

For 2004, you should have an issue where the far-right position is, "It's acceptable for Labor to have a leader who will end up supporting Donald Trump, ranting about "left-feminism" and political correctness, and teaming up with Pauline Hanson." Then give Mark Latham the far-right position. 

Update: I'm almost finished with this scenario, just need to update the issues along with editing the leaders as well as editing the few remaining regions.

Update: Alright friends. I've just about finished this scenario. I was having a few issues with incumbents but I managed to figure it out :D

Stay tuned