270soft Forum
Hestia11

British Election RP (Fantasy 2019)

Will Rennie continues his whistlestop tour of Scotland, and clarifies that the Lib Dem pledge to appoint the regional winning party as Secretary of their respective region applies to all countries in the UK, not just Wales and Northern Ireland where they directly made the promises relating to those specific countries.

Jo Swinson and Layla Moran hold joint appearances in Leeds, which contained the second lowest turnout constituency in 2017. (Lowest turnout was Glasgow, but the Lib Dems just campaigned there recently.) In a series of events across the city they hoped to energize voters to their cause.

Martin Horwood and Caroline Voaden, the two Lib Dem MEPs from South West England, hold joint appearances in several constituencies of South West England. They say that after over 100 years of Conservative-Labour rule of the UK, it's time for new leadership and they call upon voters to make history with a Liberal Democrat government and a further rejection of the duopoly after the EU election results.

Jeremy Corbyn gives a speech in Nottingham, saying that the Labour Party is the true party for the working class of Britain, and attacks the Conservative Party as only representing bankers and big business.

Dennis Skinner campaigns door-to-door in Yorkshire, and the Humber.

Lesley Laird campaigns door-to-door in Glasgow.

I think @LegolasRedbard has been off the site for personal reasons, but I'll give him until tomorrow for a response. If not, I'll sim it for him. 

1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

I think @LegolasRedbard has been off the site for personal reasons, but I'll give him until tomorrow for a response. If not, I'll sim it for him. 

Back now! :)

Ann Widdecombe holds a rally in the constituency in which she is running, Bridgewater and West Somerset. She says that over 400 constituencies voted for Brexit and, yet, over 400 MPs backed remain, with many still doing so. She encourages voters to cast out elites who do not respect the will of the people and replace with Brexit supporting candidates, and endorses the 28 Tory MPs who voted against the withdrawal agreement.

Richard Tice campaigns door-to-door in Great Yarmouth, where he hopes to won a seat.

Claire Fox holds a speech in her constituency of Blackpool South, slamming both major parties for indecision on Brexit, especially targeting Labour for not taking either side, calling them cowards for not taking a principled stand and either backing leave or remain.