270soft Forum

Ok, it's 10. All bills are going to pass since no one is around to object... (I gotta think of another way to do this, btw). 

Let me calculate things

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Ok, it's 10. All bills are going to pass since no one is around to object... (I gotta think of another way to do this, btw). 

Let me calculate things

Yeah, I sincerely didn't do it on purpose, but I did realize as I was doing it that proposing my bill at 9:59 PM meant it was guaranteed to pass.  For what it's worth, I didn't have time to actually look at how it would impact others, so it's possible everyone else came out more ahead than I did.

I do understand the frustration if it's just one person holding up the game for a day or so, without communicating -- but pushing the game forward without hearing from 2 or 3 of the 5 players may be too fast.

Then again, I also understand that this is really just a pre-alpha test and defer to your needs of what you require in order to help the overall development of the game.

Just now, Actinguy said:

Yeah, I sincerely didn't do it on purpose, but I did realize as I was doing it that proposing my bill at 9:59 PM meant it was guaranteed to pass.  For what it's worth, I didn't have time to actually look at how it would impact others, so it's possible everyone else came out more ahead than I did.

I do understand the frustration if it's just one person holding up the game for a day or so, without communicating -- but pushing the game forward without hearing from 2 or 3 of the 5 players may be too fast.

Then again, I also understand that this is really just a pre-alpha test and defer to your needs of what you require in order to help the overall development of the game.

It definitely is an issue if 2 to 3 players aren't active. In fact, the game is unplayable if I'm having to automove for more than one player on a given day. If this happens again, I may have to just cancel this playthrough and just start it up again when I'm ready for the 2nd playthrough. I understand people are busy. That's fine, but I guess this playthrough isn't for people that can't find the time. I feel like it might go faster if I reduce the players to just two really active people, which was actually my original plan, mainly to avoid this. 

If the game is too stressful to play at this pace, I can understand people backing out of this. In fact, it might be for the best. I can take over any or all factions that are abandoned and play them according to which statesman I think would lead the faction, as if I'm a CPU player. 

Anyway, let me calculate this half-term. 

Cheves will refrain from proposing so we can get to Midterms. 

Calculating this half-term. 

@Herbert Hoover comes out the bigger winner in this half-term. 198 points. 

Democrats maintain dominance in the US House Elections!

There are actually no judicial issues/events for 1824. 

So we are back to the final proposals:

@WVProgressive will have two proposals

@Herbert Hoover has two proposals

@Actinguy has one. 

Please use the "active list" and not the "master list". There isn't much to propose for 1824, so feel free to refrain. 

Proposals and voting on them are due by 10pm, July 14, at which time I'll automove. If everyone proposes and votes early, then we can go to the next election. Note: 1824 is a kind of slow year since JQ Adams has a relatively quiet presidency. The final version will have things that attempt to fill the silence. 

I'll run Henry Clay, and James Monroe.

We will do the election sometime after @tjones324 picks his nominees. 

Ok, I'll calculate either tonight or tomorrow morning. Still working on the rules. 

Presidential Conventions!

Jackson and Calhoun deadlock the Convention. Dark Horse Rules:

"The Party Leader, the Focus governors of the party (if any), and Focus Congress leaders of the party can each nominate any statesman that was not a nominee in this election. Once presented, each player (randomly assigned) takes turns ruling one candidate out until one remains. That statesman is the new nominee".

Henry Clay wins the Whig nomination and must pick a VP

@Actinguy @Herbert Hoover @WVProgressive @Leuser @tjones324

Not in his own right until Statehood but I could see a situation where a a dark horse candidacy might find an unknown junior politician as an inoffensive dark horse. 

The Governor of Ohio, Thomas Morris, throws his hat into the ring! He seeks to promote himself as a Midwestern populist and reformer in the same vein as Jackson. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Presidential Conventions!

Jackson and Calhoun deadlock the Convention. Dark Horse Rules:

"The Party Leader, the Focus governors of the party (if any), and Focus Congress leaders of the party can each nominate any statesman that was not a nominee in this election. Once presented, each player (randomly assigned) takes turns ruling one candidate out until one remains. That statesman is the new nominee".

Henry Clay wins the Whig nomination and must pick a VP

@Actinguy @Herbert Hoover @WVProgressive @Leuser @tjones324

Henry Clay will pick @Herbert Hoover's Stephen Van Rensselaer to be his Vice President.

I’m out and about for most of the evening so don’t wait on me. If it still hasn’t been decided when I get home tonight I’ll look at the sheet and pick someone.

@Actinguy wins the die roll and will get to choose the nominee since there's only two dark horse candidates nominated. Do you choose Macon or Morris?

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Actinguy wins the die roll and will get to choose the nominee since there's only two dark horse candidates nominated. Do you choose Macon or Morris?

Macon!

23 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Macon!

N. Macon now needs a VP. 

1828 Election! Whigs take Power!

Henry Clay defeats dark horse Nathaniel Macon!!!! (18-12 in election points)

Clay wins a non-consecutive 3rd term after 8 years out of the White House!

On another note, Clay ends with 45 points, placing him as the most historically significant figure of Constitution Era America!

@Actinguy @Herbert Hoover @Leuser @WVProgressive @tjones324

Thanks again guys for playtesting this for me. Feel free to PM me any feedback or thoughts you had while playing the game. Constructive criticism is welcome.