270soft Forum

[Premise: I've been working on a American politics PC game. Or rather, I'm doing all but the computer work and hoping to give away or sell the written-up plan for the PC game, along with all the research and information, to a video game creator. Basically, I just want this game to exist, even if I have to give the rights to someone else for free. 

This RP is a forum RP version of this game. It's a working in progress, so expect a lot of changes]

The game starts with an Inaugural draft of statesmen with an entry date marked "1788." In the inaugural draft, all statesmen are drafted, even though this will not be the case in future drafts. The rules stipulate that the player that drafts Washington will be the president and the player that drafts John Adams will be the VP. All other offices, and Senator slots will be determined in the stage following the draft.

The draft order will be: @Herbert Hoover @Leuser @Actinguy @Dr. Insano @vcczar (I'll autodraft the best available statesman to anyone that takes too long to draft). Please use the "Statesman" tab in the Spreadsheet. There's a lot of information about each statesman. 

@Herbert Hoover may post his selection below and then tag the next player. 

Alexander Hamilton.

My name is Alexander Hamilton.

And there’s a million things I haven’t done.

But just you wait.

Just you wait...

Make sure you tag who drafts next. Headed AFK 

Also, this is a massive draft. I would suggest that we institute a 30 minute timer on draft picks or else this first draft phase could last two weeks 😛 In the future we won't have quite as much to draft, so it might be less necessary then. 

Perhaps we run it until, say, noon tomorrow...and then @vcczar auto-drafts the rest for us?  That way people have a chance to grab who they want, but the draft doesn’t take six weeks.  ;c)

4 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Perhaps we run it until, say, noon tomorrow...and then @vcczar auto-drafts the rest for us?  That way people have a chance to grab who they want, but the draft doesn’t take six weeks.  ;c)

I'm fine with that. We can each give a vague description of the statesmen we want. Honestly, I'd be fine for the entire first draft past the first round to be handled by @vcczar and we just do the subsequent full drafts after that. It's not going to be super interesting past the 5th round anyway, and we'll be needing to go through over 15. 

3 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I'm fine with that. We can each give a vague description of the statesmen we want. Honestly, I'd be fine for the entire first draft past the first round to be handled by @vcczar and we just do the subsequent full drafts after that. It's not going to be super interesting past the 5th round anyway, and we'll be needing to go through over 15. 

Sure.  I’d actually be fine with @vcczar running the rest of this draft now if he wanted.  Alternatively, perhaps he likes that this is going slowly so he can keep building the rules. ;c)

In fine with going somewhat slow. 

@Dr. Insano, who I will draft for if he doesn't respond soon. (He had said he'd be more active after Memorial Day)