270soft Forum
admin_270

Marianne Williamson now has 65,000 unique donors

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Sounds like a low IQ comment to me but ok

"Only a Communist or a cocksucker would up against Joe McCarthy." A nice trap for those who opposed McCarthyism, by stating he believed no one outside those two demographics would have any reason to criticize the Red Scare and Lavender Scare, and thus declare all his opponents MUST such, whether or not they really were or what their REAL reason for opposing the phenomenon (which anyone with any integrity and respect for Constitutional rights and due process AT ALL should have).

Imagine calling Trump unsuccessful because he's not as rich as Bezos or Gates lmfao.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

He is on the latest *Forbes* top-1000 most wealthy people in the world list. Again, his net worth is $3.1B - he's an immensely financially successful person.

How are you ever going to understand how people who support Trump think, if this is your attitude towards a (in my opinion) mild statement about Trump's abilities. I'm open to being wrong about thinking he has most of the traits on your list in varying degrees, but even you say 3 are arguable. I think most are arguable. That you view this as 'being intoxicated with Trump' suggests you need to listen more to people who like Trump. To be clear, I'm agnostic about Trump and whether he's good for the U.S. - the economy has clearly been doing very well, but the extent to which it's Trump's credit is debatable. I like the general idea of many of his populist policies (as I like Sanders'), but obviously his rhetoric has been at times brutal. He has kept the U.S. out of any major escalation of troops in foreign interventions so far, but that might change. And so on.

I've mostly said things as a provocateur but to actually be honest for a sec I thought Anthony presented a pretty reliable and fair explanation of Trump and his behavior - he wasn't advocating for or even defending him. He was intelligently challenging your unmoving, unwavering (and slightly delusional) position which abhors any and all things associated with the 'bad orange man'. 

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

"Only a Communist or a cocksucker would up against Joe McCarthy." A nice trap for those who opposed McCarthyism, by stating he believed no one outside those two demographics would have any reason to criticize the Red Scare and Lavender Scare, and thus declare all his opponents MUST such, whether or not they really were or what their REAL reason for opposing the phenomenon (which anyone with any integrity and respect for Constitutional rights and due process AT ALL should have).

I'm just yanking your chain my homie lol. Love you my bro, appreciate your contributions here even though we disagree on everything. Forum would truly be different without our ironic wits. 🙏

On 5/13/2019 at 6:20 PM, admin_270 said:

the economy has clearly been doing very well,

Even this may not be enough. Agriculture prices are dropping like a stone in the Midwest, where he needs to win, I might add. Soybeans are at the lowest prices in ten years, and even corn is feeling the pain too. The last couple days prices have fallen consistently by 10 cents and 12 cents, which I don't know if many people on here pay that much attention to ag prices, but that's a lot comparatively. Trump and his administration keep expecting China not to retaliate, but that's not realistic. He could be dooming his own re-election chances if he keeps going after the tariffs like this. I think Democrats need to take a chance and hound on this more, especially in Iowa.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Imagine calling Trump unsuccessful because he's not as rich as Bezos or Gates lmfao.

Actually, I was taking quite the reverse angle. I was saying that the actual amount of money a person has does not measure AT ALL their success in life, their competence, or their accomplishments, because there's so many ways to acquire money, with radically different levels of work, merit, or effort, and some of the most competent people and those behind the greatest accomplishments of civilization and those who should be successful (or view themselves as such, regardless) live, and die, in poverty. The ONLY thing your bank account indicates is your purchasing power by parity at that particular time - absolutely NOTHING ELSE.

18 hours ago, Patine said:

Actually, I was taking quite the reverse angle. I was saying that the actual amount of money a person has does not measure AT ALL their success in life, their competence, or their accomplishments, because there's so many ways to acquire money, with radically different levels of work, merit, or effort, and some of the most competent people and those behind the greatest accomplishments of civilization and those who should be successful (or view themselves as such, regardless) live, and die, in poverty. The ONLY thing your bank account indicates is your purchasing power by parity at that particular time - absolutely NOTHING ELSE.

The culmination of years of hard work, smarts, leadership, risk-taking, and business know-how to propel yourself from a measly ~$1 Million to #259 on the Forbes 400 list is pretty damn impressive and extremely successful no matter what you say.

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines wealth as: 'a favorable or desired outcome; also: the attainment of wealth, favor, or eminence.'

Now if you want to write a letter to Webster go ahead but try to tell me with a straight face that Trump is not successful.

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

The culmination of years of hard work, smarts, leadership, risk-taking, and business know-how to propel yourself from a measly ~$1 Million to #259 on the Forbes 400 list is pretty damn impressive and extremely successful no matter what you say.

Merriam-Webster dictionary defines wealth as: 'a favorable or desired outcome; also: the attainment of wealth, favor, or eminence.'

Now if you want to write a letter to Webster go ahead but try to tell me with a straight face that Trump is not successful.

The word "wealth" is not always used in terms of raw currency count. You should read more, especially by older and more poetic writers. Also, "years of hard work, smarts, leadership, risk-taking, and business know-how" do NOT always lead to great amounts of currency, as there are a LOT of accounts in history of great inventors, innovators, and social pioneers who are cheated of their credit and accomplishment, or just choose not to accept or covet it - and a LOT of people who have great amounts of currency are dilettante heirs who do nothing of value, con artists, swindlers, and snake-oil salesmen, no-talent entertainers who happen to get a brain-dead following, or someone who is just lucky and at the right at the right time, but acquires this large amount of currency through no real merit or accomplishment of their own.

What does it matter whether Trump is "successful" at business?  It has no bearing on whether he's a good person or a good president.  Jimmy Carter was a successful businessman, he was still a poor president.  Andrew Jackson made a fortune in land speculation, he was still a scumbag.

2 hours ago, pilight said:

What does it matter whether Trump is "successful" at business?  It has no bearing on whether he's a good person or a good president.  Jimmy Carter was a successful businessman, he was still a poor president.  Andrew Jackson made a fortune in land speculation, he was still a scumbag.

Except that, he's NEITHER a good person nor a good President, either. That's also part of the problem.