270soft Forum
vcczar

Who Would Make the Best President Poll

Who Would Make the Best President Poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming they could get elected, which kind of leaders do you think would be best for the United States of America?

• Right-wing Populist, such as Trump or Bannon
    • Left-wing Populist, such as Sanders or Gabbard
    • A bipartisan centrist independent
    • A nonpartisan centrist independent
    • A cyborg that only makes decisions based off logic, reason, and is programmed to aim for successful progress of the country and the human race, such as Data from Star Trek: TNG
    • A wealthy social Conservative evangelical minister, such as Joel Osteen
    • Whomever is the wealthiest person in America at the time, such as Jeff Bezos
    • An establishment Democrat, such as Hillary Clinton
    • An establishment Republican, such as Jeb Bush
    • A moderate Republican, such as Charlie Baker
    • A moderate Democrat, such as Joe Manchin
    • An anarchist, but of the ironically planned Utopian sort, not of the government collapse variety.
    • The United Nations should rule over the United States and every other country
    • A multi-executive system would be fairest and safeguard against one-man rule.
    • A Social Democrat, similar to those found in Scandinavia
    • A Libertarian, such as Ron Paul
    • A Green Party leader, such as Jill Stein
    • A Constitution Party member, such as those that wish for a return the laws and life of 1776.
    • Pope Francis
    • A new randomly selected US Citizen should operate as president every year.
  2. 2. Who would you rather vote for?

• A Social Conservative Mega Church pastor
    • A secularized Muslim born in America
    • An open atheist that governs with their "faith"
  3. 3. Who would your rather vote for?

• A four-time transgendered, and recently Born Again Social Conservative that wants to foster more global warming to secure trade routes through the Arctic
    • A misshapen 90-year-old dwarf with negative charisma and history of sexual assaults that is an independent moderate and a stable genius
    • A tenured-university professor that is a techno-progressive focused on making US citizens part cyborg to combat against future climate change, Alien invasion, and overall enhancement--human survival--before the Chinese do it first!

Here's a new ridiculous poll

This is fun. Ranges from reasonable, to outrageous, to terrifying and everything in between. Just imagining a randomly selected person, that's both extremely funny and extremely terrifying! 

I'll admit that I don't know the difference between someone who is bipartisan and someone who is nonpartisan, but I went with nonpartisan just the same.

Ok, quick question? What  university does the professor teach at? The answer above it is strangely detailed- as if you know someone with those traits- and the last one is, "Oh I dont know, he works at a school/."

33 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I'll admit that I don't know the difference between someone who is bipartisan and someone who is nonpartisan, but I went with nonpartisan just the same.

Bipartisan is someone that will work to find common ground between the two major parties. A nonpartisan is someone that will act without regards to party pressure. Probably our most nonpartisan president was Zachary Taylor. He had never voted and didn't know which party he belong to. He was often at odds with the Whigs that made him president. John Tyler ended up becoming nonpartisan as a president, but that wasn't his choice. The ideal of Washington is that he was nonpartisan, but all 10 judges he appointed and all but two major administrative appointments were Federalists. Eisenhower could be said to be a Bipartisan centrist. 

1 minute ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Ok, quick question? What  university does the professor teach at? The answer above it is strangely detailed- as if you know someone with those traits- and the last one is, "Oh I dont know, he works at a school/."

It's no one in mind. I basically created a more extreme version of Stephen Hawking, one that views human-forced evolution as not just something that's likely to happen, but something that America must do quickly or the Chinese or Russians will do it first and dominate the globe! 

Just now, vcczar said:

Bipartisan is someone that will work to find common ground between the two major parties. A nonpartisan is someone that will act without regards to party pressure. Probably our most nonpartisan president was Zachary Taylor. He had never voted and didn't know which party he belong to. He was often at odds with the Whigs that made him president. John Tyler ended up becoming nonpartisan as a president, but that wasn't his choice. The ideal of Washington is that he was nonpartisan, but all 10 judges he appointed and all but two major administrative appointments were Federalists. Eisenhower could be said to be a Bipartisan centrist. 

Fair enough.  In that case, to the degree that my thoughts matter at all, I'd switch my vote to bipartisan centrist independent.

An anarchist, but of the ironically planned Utopian sort, not of the government collapse variety.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you mean by this? Would Pierre Joseph Proudhon's ideas of Mutualism be considered "ironically planned Utopian", even though he was the first person to call himself an Anarchist?

@vcczar

1 hour ago, WVProgressive said:

If you don't mind me asking, what did you mean by this? Would Pierre Joseph Proudhon's ideas of Mutualism be considered "ironically planned Utopian", even though he was the first person to call himself an Anarchist?

@vcczar

That would count. Basically, any anarchism that is meant for the common good, and not the stereotype of complete negative lawlessness and random violence. 

1. Bipartisan centrist
2. Mega church guy (only because I will never vote for a Muslim, or someone who governs entirely by their faith, even if they're atheist)
3. Misshapen dwarf. (will never vote for a trans president because the US president shouldn't be mentally retarded/ill, and the government shouldn't force you to replace body parts)

18 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

1. Bipartisan centrist
2. Mega church guy (only because I will never vote for a Muslim, or someone who governs entirely by their faith, even if they're atheist)
3. Misshapen dwarf. (will never vote for a trans president because the US president shouldn't be mentally retarded/ill, and the government shouldn't force you to replace body parts)

@Patine have fun with this one