Jump to content
270soft Forum
Harris/Ernst 2020

Senator March Madness Finale

Finale  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which is better?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/2019 at 04:59 AM

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jdm06ltd said:

Is this a socialist? Whose people call any speech they disagree with hate speech? And its only freedom of speech if they agree with it? Is a commie seriously invoking freedom right now? And dont get me started on how your ideology inhibits economic freedoms.

You know, until @WVProgressive brought this up, I didn't notice the wording that you were outright CALLING me a Communist! I'm not a Communist at all - not even remotely close. But I guess your bad stereotypes, lack of real education and informed statements on the issue, and simplistic binary thinking - the critical flaws and weaknesses you possess I'd mentioned above - were betraying themselves again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

You know, until @WVProgressive brought this up, I didn't notice the wording that you were outright CALLING me a Communist! I'm not a Communist at all - not even remotely close. But I guess your bad stereotypes, lack of real education and informed statements on the issue, and simplistic binary thinking - the critical flaws and weaknesses you possess I'd mentioned above - were betraying themselves again.

-points to self- successful political consultant

 

-points to patine- someone who bitches about stuff online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

You know, until @WVProgressive brought this up, I didn't notice the wording that you were outright CALLING me a Communist! I'm not a Communist at all - not even remotely close. But I guess your bad stereotypes, lack of real education and informed statements on the issue, and simplistic binary thinking - the critical flaws and weaknesses you possess I'd mentioned above - were betraying themselves again.

Dont forget Socialism leads to communism always! First they steal your money then they steal your rights then they murder you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdm06ltd said:

-points to self- successful political consultant

 

-points to patine- someone who bitches about stuff online

A "political consultant" in the United States is HIGHLY unlikely to have much real hard, reliable, or insightful knowledge about what is and is not Communism above the average American, unless they work as a consultant for Gloria De La Riva. In fact, for said consultants for the two main parties, accurate knowledge in this regard, rather than stereotype, could very easily be a liability. I am NOT just "someone who bitches about stuff online," I am a social worker and thus have education in sociology and can see, first hand in my work, the blatant and glaring flaws and failing of the political and economic policies you so praise and champion. And, I have been a dedicated armchair scholar of all the social sciences - politics, sociology, religion (from a holistic, academic point of view), history, geography, and, to a lesser degree, economics, in the scope of the WORLD - not just the United States, and have significant grasp of what different socio-political terms mean, and how they vary by part of the world and period of history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

I win

 

6 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Dont forget Socialism leads to communism always! First they steal your money then they steal your rights then they murder you!

You win nothing. You have not proven a SINGLE one of my points wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

 

You win nothing. You have not proven a SINGLE one of my points wrong.

@jdm06ltd has never once proved himself capable of incisive or original analytical thought. It’s better to just ignore people that can’t reason or you’ll give yourself a stroke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Dont forget Socialism leads to communism always! First they steal your money then they steal your rights then they murder you!

My offer still stands. If you want to actually learn about Anarchism, instead of spouting off propaganda, I'll happily provide you with a reading list.

I recommend you start with Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution by Peter Kropotkin

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/petr-kropotkin-mutual-aid-a-factor-of-evolution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

-points to self- successful political consultant

 

-points to patine- someone who bitches about stuff online

Lol no, just no throwing in ad hominum attacks doesn't help you whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

-points to self- successful political consultant

 

-points to patine- someone who bitches about stuff online

You're not a successful political consultant, though. Haven't we been over this before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Patine said:

A "political consultant" in the United States is HIGHLY unlikely to have much real hard, reliable, or insightful knowledge about what is and is not Communism above the average American, unless they work as a consultant for Gloria De La Riva. In fact, for said consultants for the two main parties, accurate knowledge in this regard, rather than stereotype, could very easily be a liability. I am NOT just "someone who bitches about stuff online," I am a social worker and thus have education in sociology and can see, first hand in my work, the blatant and glaring flaws and failing of the political and economic policies you so praise and champion. And, I have been a dedicated armchair scholar of all the social sciences - politics, sociology, religion (from a holistic, academic point of view), history, geography, and, to a lesser degree, economics, in the scope of the WORLD - not just the United States, and have significant grasp of what different socio-political terms mean, and how they vary by part of the world and period of history.

You think I havent lived? I wasnt supposed to be where I am today. I wasnt supposed to graduate High School with my LDs. I wasnt ever supposed to be able to go to college (i did for a year didnt complete my education, because I didnt see it as a challenge). When I was 15 I read at 4th year college level. You know why? Because I was the goofy kid who was autistic, got beat up everyday, and got pulled out of school and sent to cyberschool. And while there I checked out literal stacks of library books. And I am not talking babys day out here. I am talking hard shit. MacGruders American Government, many economics books and economic philosophy books, the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe, Atlas Shrugged, world war 1 and world war 2 by HP Wilmot(phenomenal reads highly recommended, love how he excludes any political slant) and several books about Ronald Reagan, FDR, George Washington, JFK, all of the guys I am influenced by. 

 

I have overcome many many challenges in not a lot of years of living. So before you say I havent lived, or I am naive, I was told when I was 9 that I would never go to college, and never amount to anything because autism was too much of a drawback with how severe it was. As I got older I grew out of it.....

 

 

Bottom line dont judge a book by its cover I am highly educated. Learn how to do social work mr social worker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jnewt said:

You're not a successful political consultant, though. Haven't we been over this before?

Oh but i am. You are just jealous that you cant do it or didnt think to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Oh but i am. You are just jealous that you cant do it or didnt think to. 

Provide some substantial amount of proof please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

Provide some substantial amount of proof please. 

I could be sued......

 

I mean I can email you a contract I use for clients.....

 

I cant tell you who they are/were because there are NDAs and seeing as NDAs SOLs are 5 years I cant say anything until 2022. 

 

I will say this. I was a staffer on 2 US Senate campaigns in Pennsylvania in 2017-2018 and worked for Greg Abbott in a limited capacity, I cant say what role I played on Abbots stuff without breaking my NDA that is the only one that is open ended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean there is no liscense its not like being am insurance agent or a real estate agent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone can start an LLC and become a political consultant. Weather or not anyone takes you seriously and you have clients or not is based on how well known you are in political circles. I average 2-4 clients per year. Which is moderately successful considering most consultants have 0 clients in off years. Weather its a one time or per hour consulting gig or I am actually running a campaign varies heavily. I have run a school board race or two and been senior staffer in some state house races. Last year was a month to month consultant on a state senate race. This year its been mostly 'they pay for an hour of my time here' or they buy robocalls from us there....but I have done grass roots consultation here in San Antonio with candidates who made runoffs......so yeah.....fairly successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

You think I havent lived? I wasnt supposed to be where I am today. I wasnt supposed to graduate High School with my LDs. I wasnt ever supposed to be able to go to college (i did for a year didnt complete my education, because I didnt see it as a challenge). When I was 15 I read at 4th year college level. You know why? Because I was the goofy kid who was autistic, got beat up everyday, and got pulled out of school and sent to cyberschool. And while there I checked out literal stacks of library books. And I am not talking babys day out here. I am talking hard shit. MacGruders American Government, many economics books and economic philosophy books, the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe, Atlas Shrugged, world war 1 and world war 2 by HP Wilmot(phenomenal reads highly recommended, love how he excludes any political slant) and several books about Ronald Reagan, FDR, George Washington, JFK, all of the guys I am influenced by. 

 

I have overcome many many challenges in not a lot of years of living. So before you say I havent lived, or I am naive, I was told when I was 9 that I would never go to college, and never amount to anything because autism was too much of a drawback with how severe it was. As I got older I grew out of it.....

 

 

Bottom line dont judge a book by its cover I am highly educated. Learn how to do social work mr social worker.

I didn't once say you haven't lived or were all-around incompetent and a failure in life. Please, read what I say, and don't put words in my mouth. I was commenting on the typical limits of knowledge of most American political consultants around the idea of the true definition of Communism. Also, none of your stated reading list is apt to give a comprehensive or accurate view of the actual true definition and doctrine of Communism, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone who comments their vote next that hasn't voted before will choose the winner, if no new vote occurs by noon tomorrow I'll roll randomly for the winner. Godspeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vcczar said:

@jdm06ltd has never once proved himself capable of incisive or original analytical thought. It’s better to just ignore people that can’t reason or you’ll give yourself a stroke. 

I have proven this many times like when I gave Patine an economics lesson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Patine said:

You know, until @WVProgressive brought this up, I didn't notice the wording that you were outright CALLING me a Communist! I'm not a Communist at all - not even remotely close. But I guess your bad stereotypes, lack of real education and informed statements on the issue, and simplistic binary thinking - the critical flaws and weaknesses you possess I'd mentioned above - were betraying themselves again.

Sorry if I was a little ovee the top tonight @Patine

 

Its all in fun. I use this to releieve stress.

 

I am happy to open a thread to play devils advocate with you amd @WVProgressive on the economy because I dont believe anyone who considers themself progressive truly understands how business or economics works. However, I am more than willing to discuss that. I know I have not been the most reasonable person when it comes to discussing economics. 

 

I have however happily indulged in conversations on any other topic as I am still a political Centrist, tho right now I am a lot farther to the right than I am left. In 2014 I was actually left of center, a lot of research later.....I started veering to the right. Happy to discuss what facts those were that changed my mind, happy to have my mind changed (tho that is unlikely)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massachusets!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Sorry if I was a little ovee the top tonight @Patine

 

Its all in fun. I use this to releieve stress.

 

I am happy to open a thread to play devils advocate with you amd @WVProgressive on the economy because I dont believe anyone who considers themself progressive truly understands how business or economics works. However, I am more than willing to discuss that. I know I have not been the most reasonable person when it comes to discussing economics. 

 

I have however happily indulged in conversations on any other topic as I am still a political Centrist, tho right now I am a lot farther to the right than I am left. In 2014 I was actually left of center, a lot of research later.....I started veering to the right. Happy to discuss what facts those were that changed my mind, happy to have my mind changed (tho that is unlikely)

 

The real problem, and critical, fatal flaw of fiscal conservatives and hard corporatists is very simple - the belief that money, budgets, profit, and strong economies are worth far more as a goal, and should be valued more, intrinsically, than human life, living standards, REAL advancement opportunity, and dignity. That's one of the biggest reasons (as well as the sharply short-termed thinking of fiscal conservatives) that I can NEVER get on board with their way of thinking. To me, it's downright sociopathic and morally bankrupt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Patine said:

The real problem, and critical, fatal flaw of fiscal conservatives and hard corporatists is very simple - the belief that money, budgets, profit, and strong economies are worth far more as a goal, and should be valued more, intrinsically, than human life, living standards, REAL advancement opportunity, and dignity. That's one of the biggest reasons (as well as the sharply short-termed thinking of fiscal conservatives) that I can NEVER get on board with their way of thinking. To me, it's downright sociopathic and morally bankrupt.

Im going to open a thread for a dialougue on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Patine said:

The real problem, and critical, fatal flaw of fiscal conservatives and hard corporatists is very simple - the belief that money, budgets, profit, and strong economies are worth far more as a goal, and should be valued more, intrinsically, than human life, living standards, REAL advancement opportunity, and dignity. That's one of the biggest reasons (as well as the sharply short-termed thinking of fiscal conservatives) that I can NEVER get on board with their way of thinking. To me, it's downright sociopathic and morally bankrupt.

And you aren't wrong that political consultants on both sides have serious flaws. The consultants on the left tell their clients to ignore murders or acts of violence that dont fall in line with gun control or will ignore minority on minority violence.

 

The right, I dont believe is flawed in fiscal conservatism but rather in the same way on different issues. When absolutely terrible things happen, like a young woman getting raped or domestic violence. Not because I think that anyone thinks that that is ok, but because all issues politically are interconnected, and in taking a stance against one you align yourself against others. I understand why its done.....but I think that is the flaw. Both sides should always vihamently denounce acts of violence no matter who commits them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...