270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Current Net Approval of Governors and Senators running for president

FiveThirtyEight has a new list of stats out. Here's some interesting net approval ratings of Democratic candidates from this list of governors and senators. 

Bernie Sanders +31

Steve Bullock +26 (might run still)

Cory Booker +13

Kirsten Gillibrand +13

Kamala Harris +13

Elizabeth Warren +9

Also interesting, only a few have net unfavorable: Mitch McConnell, Bob Menendez, Kate Brown, Ned Lamont, Gina Raimondo, Matt Bevin. Two of these are from KY, and Rand Paul is barely positive, much to my surprise. In fact, all the unfavorables are Democrats except for the two men from KY. 

52 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Elizabeth Warren +9

This is quite abysmal, I wonder what her PARG score is.

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

This is quite abysmal, I wonder what her PARG score is.

That is quite bad. Her PARG is pretty low. Not the worst of the senators. I think it’s -20. McConnell’s is -36. Warren is where Rand Paul is, who is just worse than her at -21  

I don’t really like PARG as an estimate of presidential electability because it favors the moderates, who don’t really run for President  for instance, the best PARG senators are Manchin and Doug Jones, both who may not win their next election bids. Meanwhile, McConnell, Paul, Warren will win re-election. 

Warren might be my favorite candidate, but I don’t want her to be the nominee unless she raises her approval to about where Bernie Sanders is. I’m kind of hoping she’s just running to make student debt forgiveness a major part of the party platform. 

Of course Klobuchar has the 3rd Highest approval and PARG among senators and highest net approval and PARG among those running for President.

And she's polling in 8th.

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

Warren might be my favorite candidate, but I don’t want her to be the nominee unless she raises her approval to about where Bernie Sanders is. I’m kind of hoping she’s just running to make student debt forgiveness a major part of the party platform. 

She's running to win. There have been reports from inside her campaign that she intents to run for as long as possible, even more so in case something happened to the Sanders campaign. That was of course before Sander's officially announced, though I can't imagine much has changed for Warren.

3 hours ago, avatarmushi said:

Of course Klobuchar has the 3rd Highest approval and PARG among senators and highest net approval and PARG among those running for President.

And she's polling in 8th.

And today, Larry Hogan, who is the 2nd most popular governor in the US, loses to Trump in a hypothetical primary in his own state 70-24.