270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Huston

Curious

Any good games or ways to play out a presidents term when creating alternarive history things and TLs? It’s a dream but maybe?

Nope. Best way is to use historical precedents and your own educated opinion for such things.

6 minutes ago, Huston said:

Yep once if/when it actually comes out 😕

There was an old computer game called reelect JFK where you survived the assassination and try to find out who killed you and work on your re-election campaign. It was a pretty fun game because you got to decide what to do with civil rights and  the Vietnam War

22 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

There was an old computer game called reelect JFK where you survived the assassination and try to find out who killed you and work on your re-election campaign. It was a pretty fun game because you got to decide what to do with civil rights and  the Vietnam War

Ohhh i remember this.You made me so nostalgic.Anyway to run this on Win 10 PC?

There are plenty of games where you can pretend to be the President.  I've played most (all?) of them, and none of them are particularly good, unfortunately.

If you go over to the "election play by play" part of this forum, you'll see multiple threads of us playing a board game called "Founding Fathers" (and it's various expansions/sequel).  This is probably the closest/most fun version I've found of what you're looking for.  You each play as multiple statesmen trying to get elected President, then play through the Presidency.  If you buy the sequel as well, the game runs from the start of Washington's Presidency all the way through World War I. (doesn't go beyond that yet)

As President, you appoint your cabinet, try to balance the budget, and handle issues that come up from a deck of cards.  Your popularity is measured.  

In the game that I'm running, for example, Vice President John Adams died during Washington's first term.  Washington selected Alexander Hamilton as his second VP, which led to Hamilton becoming our second President.  Hamilton took too soft of an approach with Europe, which kicked off the War of 1812 three years too early, causing us to lose the war.  Now it's 1820 --  the British have New Orleans, the nation is economic crisis and on the verge of civil war (40 years too early) and Vice President ABIGAIL Adams was killed and scalped by Seminole Indians.

We're having a blast with it.

16 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

There are plenty of games where you can pretend to be the President.  I've played most (all?) of them, and none of them are particularly good, unfortunately.

If you go over to the "election play by play" part of this forum, you'll see multiple threads of us playing a board game called "Founding Fathers" (and it's various expansions/sequel).  This is probably the closest/most fun version I've found of what you're looking for.  You each play as multiple statesmen trying to get elected President, then play through the Presidency.  If you buy the sequel as well, the game runs from the start of Washington's Presidency all the way through World War I. (doesn't go beyond that yet)

As President, you appoint your cabinet, try to balance the budget, and handle issues that come up from a deck of cards.  Your popularity is measured.  

In the game that I'm running, for example, Vice President John Adams died during Washington's first term.  Washington selected Alexander Hamilton as his second VP, which led to Hamilton becoming our second President.  Hamilton took too soft of an approach with Europe, which kicked off the War of 1812 three years too early, causing us to lose the war.  Now it's 1820 --  the British have New Orleans, the nation is economic crisis and on the verge of civil war (40 years too early) and Vice President ABIGAIL Adams was killed and scalped by Seminole Indians.

We're having a blast with it.

Such a horrid turn of events just because John Adams died ☠️

22 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Ohhh i remember this.You made me so nostalgic.Anyway to run this on Win 10 PC?

I wish, I still have the disc for the game but it won't work on my laptop looks like I have to dig up the old dinosaur computer from storage.