270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sean F. Kennedy

Civility and building friendships

I would just like to say that I am thankful for the people on this forum. Even though there are a group of you I disagree with on 90% the issues I'm glad that we are able to look past that and become friends. Seriously I am proud to call the majority of you my friends. I just wanted to say this as a means of positivity. :)

21 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

Even though there are a group of you I disagree with on 90% the issues I'm glad that we are able to look past that and become friends.

Oh shit dat me

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Oh shit dat me

It might be, I would be interested if we went down the issues and see where you and I agree. 

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Oh shit dat me

Even though I used to have massive rhetorical duels with no real resolutions quite often with you, I think a peace of sorts has been reach, as I no longer tag you when I make my pronouncements (and, at times, descending into screeds, I admit), and you rarely respond in an indignant rebuttal. I think we've had only a few sharp clashes since the year's begun, though I don't we'll ever actually agree on these matters - barring an epiphany or life-changing tragedy or eye-opening event or other such catalyst of some sort.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

It might be, I would be interested if we went down the issues and see where you and I agree. 

I'd also be interested. My policies and style are not far off from how I portray Fiorina in our RP.

26 minutes ago, Patine said:

Even though I used to have massive rhetorical duels with no real resolutions quite often with you, I think a peace of sorts has been reach, as I no longer tag you when I make my pronouncements (and, at times, descending into screeds, I admit), and you rarely respond in an indignant rebuttal. I think we've had only a few sharp clashes since the year's begun, though I don't we'll ever actually agree on these matters - barring an epiphany or life-changing tragedy or eye-opening event or other such catalyst of some sort.

Indeed, and I must say I much prefer it this way!

46 minutes ago, Patine said:

That's why I end up having to block people for awhile. Will probably happen again during the general election. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Insano said:

I would just like to say that I am thankful for the people on this forum. Even though there are a group of you I disagree with on 90% the issues I'm glad that we are able to look past that and become friends. Seriously I am proud to call the majority of you my friends. I just wanted to stay at this as a means of positivity. :)

👍 I agree

2 hours ago, Patine said:

what bout me

8 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

what bout me

I wouldn't say you are known to engage in "massive rhetorical duels".

I got addicted with this community right here :( 

Even with my beloved Bachmann Vador

*Disappear before to be killed*

6 hours ago, Edouard said:

I got addicted with this community right here :( 

Even with my beloved Bachmann Vador

*Disappear before to be killed*

@Reagan04's avatar is actually Carly Fiorina. I believe it was @Dallas, who hasn't posted here for quite a while, who was big fan specifically of Michelle Bachmann.

I also enjoy this forum very much although my contributions might be not as much as yours. There are several great people here (even if we might disagree on a bunch of issues I never felt bothered and I hope never bothered someone) and perhaps our community is so great because we are few members. I do no like this mass forums. There you are just an anonymous guy most of time.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

@Reagan04's avatar is actually Carly Fiorina. I believe it was @Dallas, who hasn't posted here for quite a while, who was big fan specifically of Michelle Bachmann.

Yes I know it's fiorina 😛 

What I love with @Reagan04 is the ability to create argues on little things which don't seem normal and the strong way to contest things sometimes 

For example in the 2016 RP the Manchin candidacy reply I admit I laughed xD 

Buuuut I've conservatives friends because I'm a lover of history so I guess it helps

You Patine you're, according to me, a big teddy bear 😛

You're someone who has own principles and strong own principles, but you're a real nice person

If I have to put a comment on everybody here we will be there for tomorrow but I got a real friendly relationship with the Liberal Kitten as well as Doc Insano from our RP of 1988.