270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Bullock to run for presidents

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/441623-montana-governor-steve-bullock-to-announce-bid-for-presidency-report

I don't know how the game is going to handle more candidates @admin_270

Bennet also had said the he would run if cleared for cancer. He was cleared recently. 

De Blasio and Abrams are still deciding. There's also another non-politician/business person considering a run. 

Might be the cream of the crop for governors in the race when it's all said and done. 

A lot of the Democrat's "best shots" for their state Senate races are literally all deciding to run for President. (Georgia (likely), Montana, Colorado, Texas, etc.)

Exciting news. Might be the best option from all candidates so far. By saying this I am ignoring the non-politician Andrew Yang.

2 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

A lot of the Democrat's "best shots" for their state Senate races are literally all deciding to run for President. (Georgia (likely), Montana, Colorado, Texas, etc.)

It's making me facepalm because the Democrats can easily take back the Senate but too many of these people have giant egos and want to run for president. 

38 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

It's making me facepalm because the Democrats can easily take back the Senate but too many of these people have giant egos and want to run for president. 

My hope is that many of these Democrats will choose to drop out and enter Senatorial races as the primary goes on. If Hickenlooper, Bullock Beto did this after New Hampshire, I'd be happy.

3 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

My hope is that many of these Democrats will choose to drop out and enter Senatorial races as the primary goes on. If Hickenlooper, Bullock Beto did this after New Hampshire, I'd be happy.

Yeah, with Julian Castro's twin brother opting not to challenge Cornyn in the TX Senate race, and with Buttigieg kind of out Beto-ing Beto O'Rourke as a Democratic Presidential candidate, I think Beto should shift for the TX Senate. He can make his rationale as he didn't want to get in the way of Castro. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, with Julian Castro's twin brother opting not to challenge Cornyn in the TX Senate race, and with Buttigieg kind of out Beto-ing Beto O'Rourke as a Democratic Presidential candidate, I think Beto should shift for the TX Senate. He can make his rationale as he didn't want to get in the way of Castro. 

Beto with 8 years in the Senate would be much more appealing to many voters, if he could accomplish much.

1 hour ago, Dr. Insano said:

1 hour ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I agree with this sentiment! Bullock has no clear path to the White House. I love the man, but I cannot mentally see a route to the White House that does not require a King Ralph like accident to the entire field. But Colorado has a crazy deep bench, that they can do without Hickenlooper running- however Montana can't.  

41 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I agree with this sentiment! Bullock has no clear path to the White House. I love the man, but I cannot mentally see a route to the White House that does not require a King Ralph like accident to the entire field. But Colorado has a crazy deep bench, that they can do without Hickenlooper running- however Montana can't.  

We can all agree that Stacey Abrams poor pandering to become the VP candidate in 2020 ultimately hurts the Democrats in the Senate. She has a very real chance of winning a Senate seat in 2020, or at least keeping the state drifting blue. She threw that away for her own personal ambitions over the greater good of the nation, and for that reason she has earned my disdain. O'Rourke, at the very least, has a plausible shot at the nomination and turning Texas blue in a general election. He can also drop out and run in Texas if he doesn't perform well. 

I just don't understand the decision whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/441623-montana-governor-steve-bullock-to-announce-bid-for-presidency-report

Bennet also had said the he would run if cleared for cancer. He was cleared recently. 

De Blasio and Abrams are still deciding. There's also another non-politician/business person considering a run. 

WHAT THE...

Democratic primary sum-up

image.jpeg.8b6a44eb24e50ae6e7005ea306423ba9.jpeg

However Steve seems to be a great democratic candidate :) 

11 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

We can all agree that Stacey Abrams poor pandering to become the VP candidate in 2020 ultimately hurts the Democrats in the Senate. She has a very real chance of winning a Senate seat in 2020, or at least keeping the state drifting blue. She threw that away for her own personal ambitions over the greater good of the nation, and for that reason she has earned my disdain. O'Rourke, at the very least, has a plausible shot at the nomination and turning Texas blue in a general election. He can also drop out and run in Texas if he doesn't perform well. 

I just don't understand the decision whatsoever. 

It's because the Democratic party is more worried about stopping somebody like Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren or Tulsi Gabbard then they are about stopping Donald Trump and the Republicans. Like I said a lot of these Democratic politicians have an over-inflated ego and are delusional and not knowing that they don't have a snowball's chance in hell at winning the nomination unless it's something major that  happens. It's reasons like this why I no longer consider myself Democrat. If he doesn't win the nomination I hope Beto O'Rourke runs for Senate in Texas, Stacey Abrams refusing to run for Senate in Georgia is just spitting in the face of the people of Georgia who nearly elected her to the governorship just because she wants to run for president. 

Problem is as follow

If the nominee is not enough progressist on economy, here is what will come

image.thumb.png.fdc20712ab8cd339405be00bc20f58a3.png

If he's too much, here is what also can happen

image.thumb.png.390279f69492fe690e5c71899443ef5e.png

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

And what does he believe? What's his platform and agenda? To use one of those fun Yiddish words that pepper Hollywood talk I so love - what's his schtick?

Another bad habit Democrats are getting into regarding the Senate, not just the fact that so many strong candidates are running for President instead, but also that for the second Senate cycle in a row every single Democrat incumbent is running for re-election (with the sole exception of Udall in NM). The backlash against that strategy wasn't as major as it could have been in 2018 because of how strong Democrats performed on a national level, but it was certainly seen in Florida and California. I don't know if Gary Peters is some hometown hero in Michigan, but surely there's a stronger candidate than him. Same goes for Markey and Jack Reed.

1 minute ago, SirLagsalott said:

Another bad habit Democrats are getting into regarding the Senate, not just the fact that so many strong candidates are running for President instead, but also that for the second Senate cycle in a row every single Democrat incumbent is running for re-election (with the sole exception of Udall in NM). The backlash against that strategy wasn't as major as it could have been in 2018 because of how strong Democrats performed on a national level, but it was certainly seen in Florida and California. I don't know if Gary Peters is some hometown hero in Michigan, but surely there's a stronger candidate than him. Same goes for Markey and Jack Reed.

If Peters is re-nominated, I wouldn't be surprised if John James or maybe even Justin Amash knock him off (if they run)

3 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Markey is VERY well-liked in Massachusetts, he just gets overshadowed by Warren. 

1 hour ago, SirLagsalott said:

Funny you say this, considering Gary Peters has one of the lowest approval ratings in the Senate at 33% and one of the highest unknown rating of 44 (!!!)%. His Disapproval is 23% making for a +10 with most not knowing who the guy is. He is more unknown as a sitting Senator than Republican nominee for Senate in 2018 John James is. I definitely see MISen as being a close one. 2020 is going to be a less favorable year for Dems than 2018. Peters is far weaker than Stabenow, and James made the 2018 race a lot closer than it should have been against Stabenow in 2018 for a Republican. It's definitely a race to watch.

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

If Peters is re-nominated, I wouldn't be surprised if John James or maybe even Justin Amash knock him off (if they run)

I think John James has a future. Very eloquent. Seems to actually have a heart. He's the kind of Republican I'd like to see more of. 

While there are more Republicans who will be challenged this cycle.  The Dems up for re-election are more vulnerable in the last cycle.  For every Dem that loses they will have to beat another Republican.  It's not out of the question to see a push this cycle.  

14 hours ago, jnewt said:

Markey is VERY well-liked in Massachusetts, he just gets overshadowed by Warren. 

I was at Fanueil Hall when Markey was sworn in to replace Kerry.