270soft Forum
Ishan

Cool Article about Anthony

Nice to see what our political simulation savior looks like! lol

12 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

I can't imagine him looking like anything other than this.

"This political simulation turn-based strategy game is brought to you by the 'Letter A.'" :P

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Nice to see what our political simulation savior looks like! lol

Yeah, it's odd how the mind just conjures up a face to replace no knowing how someone looks.

For instance, @WVProgressive had Henry A. Wallace as his photo for so long that I assumed he looked kind of like him. I picture @Patinewith short, dark brown hair that's gray at the temples. He wears brown glasses, and a single color sweater. @Reagan04 4'6", has ashes on his forehead, and he wears only white suits. @jvikings1 has dyed his hair gray, shaved in a receding hairline, and added pencil drawned crow's feet so he can look like Ron Paul. I always pictured @admin_270 looking kind of like Waldo (form Where's Waldo) but without the hat and glasses. I think @Actinguy looks like a younger, taller, thinner version of John Kasich. I think @Herbert Hoover (formerly CalebsParadox) looks like Al Gore. I know what @ThePotatoWalrus and @TheMiddlePolitical look like because they've either posted images or gave links that had images of them. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, it's odd how the mind just conjures up a face to replace no knowing how someone looks.

For instance, @WVProgressive had Henry A. Wallace as his photo for so long that I assumed he looked kind of like him. I picture @Patinewith short, dark brown hair that's gray at the temples. He wears brown glasses, and a single color sweater. @Reagan04 4'6", has ashes on his forehead, and he wears only white suits. @jvikings1 has dyed his hair gray, shaved in a receding hairline, and added pencil drawned crow's feet so he can look like Ron Paul. I always pictured @admin_270 looking kind of like Waldo (form Where's Waldo) but without the hat and glasses. I think @Actinguy looks like a younger, taller, thinner version of John Kasich. I think @Herbert Hoover (formerly CalebsParadox) looks like Al Gore. I know what @ThePotatoWalrus and @TheMiddlePolitical look like because they've either posted images or gave links that had images of them. 

Actually, I don't wear glasses. :P

And @Reagan04 looking like an '80's televengalist strangely never occurred to me. :P

14 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think @Actinguy looks like a younger, taller, thinner version of John Kasich. 

Ha!  You got younger right, at least.  I'm the same height as Kasich, and definitely not thinner.

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think @Actinguy looks like a younger, taller, thinner version of John Kasich. 

As a teenager, strangers told me I looked like Quentin Tarantino.  I didn't know who that was, so I looked him up.  I did not like the comparison, but there was no doubting the resemblance.

That was 20 years ago or so, so I guess imagine Quentin Tarantino but fatter and with a shaved head.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

As a teenager, strangers told me I looked like Quentin Tarantino.  I didn't know who that was, so I looked him up.  I did not like the comparison, but there was no doubting the resemblance.

That was 20 years ago or so, so I guess imagine Quentin Tarantino but fatter and with a shaved head.

When I was a teenager, it was a lot harder to look these things up. We usually had to go to the library and read physical books. And, even then, the answers often weren't readily or quickly available. :P

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

For instance, @WVProgressive had Henry A. Wallace as his photo for so long that I assumed he looked kind of like him.

I think you're thinking of @Sunnymentoaddict, I don't think I've ever had Henry Wallace as a profile picture.

Personally I think I look a bit like a young Tom Hayden.

3 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I think you're thinking of @Sunnymentoaddict, I don't think I've ever had Henry Wallace as a profile picture.

Personally I think I look a bit like a young Tom Hayden.

That's right. I get you two mixed up for some reason. 

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

When I was a teenager, it was a lot harder to look these things up. We usually had to go to the library and read physical books. And, even then, the answers often weren't readily or quickly available. :P

Haha!  We got AOL when I was in 8th grade, so I'm still old enough to remember the time before it.  

This is what I look like, for any who are curious. I'm much younger than many on the forum, but we have seen members as young as 13 here before. I'm 19, for those who did not know. 

AOL is way before my time 😛

Screenshot_20190429-201910_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190429-201742_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190429-201728_Instagram.jpg

11 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I used to get Tom Petty and Dax Shepherd. I found both insulting. Tom Petty looks like a zombie and Dax Shepherd looks kind of odd to me. One person told me I looked like Alex Kapranos, the lead singer of Franz Ferdinand. He looks more like than Petty and Shepherd do. I don't know how tall any of them are. I'm 6'4". Traditionally I weighed 170-180 lbs (150 lbs during the Great Recession). Now I weigh like 200 or 210. These "celebrity look-a-likes" were suggested when I was about 170 lbs or less. 

Here's me at Independence Hall in Philadelphia.

IndHall.jpg

11 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Haha!  We got AOL when I was in 8th grade, so I'm still old enough to remember the time before it.  

10 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

This is what I look like, for any who are curious. I'm much younger than many on the forum, but we have seen members as young as 13 here before. I'm 19, for those who did not know. 

I remember in envying two of my school friends for having Apple II-series computers, because all I had was the absolute craptastic computer made by Texas Instruments during it's brief foray into making microcomputers (not personal computers - or PC's - the term wasn't in use them, but microcomputers). All the data for that TI heap was on cassette - as was all my music back then...

19 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here's me at Independence Hall in Philadelphia.

IndHall.jpg

Me and the fam.

family.thumb.jpg.a0bda06e6680a4865011415a328b1b3e.jpgwedding.jpg.d30572f54a446e48b2b6f412e1415ff9.jpg

28 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I know this is a dirt-common "excuse" in Internet communities to the point of being a cliché, but - I have no flattering digital pictures of myself in my possession. I think my sister does, but I do not.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I'm curious what did you imagine I looked like? I was formerly SeanFKennedy. I had Dennis Kucinich as my picture for awhile and Jimmy Dore as well. And now it's just an obscure reference from The Spoony One now. Here's me in real life. I'm 21 but probably look 18 maybe younger

IMG_20190429_205518.jpg

1 minute ago, Dr. Insano said:

I'm curious what do you imagine I look like? I was formerly SeanFKennedy. I had Dennis Kucinich as my picture for awhile and Jimmy Dore as well. And now it's just an obscure reference from The Spoony One now. 

You reference a lot of things I've never heard of in your interests, so I'm banking on teenager. 

You reference a lot of things I've never heard of in your interests, so I'm banking on teenager. 

Not far from it, I'm only 21

5 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

I'm curious what did you imagine I looked like? I was formerly SeanFKennedy. I had Dennis Kucinich as my picture for awhile and Jimmy Dore as well. And now it's just an obscure reference from The Spoony One now. Here's me in real life. I'm 21 but probably look 18 maybe younger

IMG_20190429_205518.jpg

I didn't realize you were SeanFKennedy. Didn't know the name changed. I assumed you looked like the Dr Insano picture.