270soft Forum
vcczar

Predicting the 2020 Dem nominee

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Why wouldn't you vote for Buttigieg or O'Rourke. They're ideologically similar. O'Rourke has an even more moderate record than Biden, actually. 

Well I find that to be rather incorrect. Biden has a conservative record compared to the Democratic field. Biden has such gems as protecting Clarence Thomas from his high-tech lynching in his portfolio that make him easily the most desirable Democrat. 

35 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Well I'm not a moderate but I'm absolutely an Anti-Trump Republican that would vote for Biden, Klobuchar, Yang

That makes two. That's enough to swing an election right? Wow really showing me wrong! I've got egg on my face!

1 minute ago, WVProgressive said:

That makes two. That's enough to swing an election right? Wow really showing me wrong! I've got egg on my face!

I'd say! You gonna be a pariah! We're gonna blackball you boy! Might as well pick up now and skip town! 

49%-Bernie

47%-Biden

39%-Warren,Harris

30%-Buttigieg

10%-Beto,Booker

5%-Castro

2%-Tulsi,Yang

0%-Everyone else

The next debate in some days if I'm rigth will be with the third decisive.

Biden is no longer so secured but he's still at 28%

Warren and Sanders are definitively neck and neck at 15% each.

Harris has lost a part of her momentum she's more around 13%.

Buttigieg didn't lose first debate but is downed at 5% because of Harris' performance, he has to win the next debate or his chances are threatened.

Same but worse for Beto and Klobuchar or Tulsi.

I'm considering that Buttigieg can still don't win the next debate but hence he will be in the same position than Beto Klob Tulsi Castro and Booker who are playing their last chance in the second debate while Butt can still save him during the third.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:27 AM, Patine said:

If we lived in more rational times, when people thought about their vote instead of voting on instinct, fears, stereotypes, sugary, unrealistic promises and so readily believed flimsy lies, easily debunked myths, and urban legends, any of the main candidates (except maybe Harris and possibly Warren and Yang) would mop the floor with Trump. In fact, Trump almost certainly wouldn't even be the incumbent in such times.

If I was a democrat I would still vote Beto O Rourke despite he's at 2% and many gays I know are tended to vote Buttigieg because he's gay (his military compulsory service proposal put him so far in my choices in a ballot with Tulsi).

During European elections in Fr I voted for the Union des Democrates et Indépendants who only got 2,5% of the vote 😛

Been saying Warren for a while now, haven’t seen anything to make me waiver 

I think it will likely be Biden or Warren, potentially Harris if she can continue her momentum but she already seems to be slipping a bit since the first debate.

Probably a 98% chance it will be one of the current frontrunners (Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris). I don't see any other candidate making up the double digit differences between themselves and the 'top tier'. Buttigieg is losing momentum fast, and Booker, O'Rourke, Klobuchar, etc. have been unable to see any real rise in their numbers since their campaign launches.

Going out on a HUGE limb here...

Harris 55%
Bootiecall 25%
Biden 15%

Others 5%

Only ones I could even imagine voting for in the general would be Delaney or Hickenlooper (even then I'd have to see something that trumps Trump and I haven't), and I give them a combined 0.00005% at the nomination.

3 hours ago, Edouard said:

During European elections in Fr I voted for the Union des Democrates et Indépendants who only got 2,5% of the vote 😛

Cool. I voted for the People's Party in Austria.

3 hours ago, HonestAbe said:

Been saying Warren for a while now, haven’t seen anything to make me waiver 

If I had to bet, I’d put my money on her. 

38 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

America still the best country regardless of who wins 🇺🇸🇺🇸

As I said, in a few areas, but there are a VERY LARGE number of defining qualities and standards on which nations are judged from each other qualitively the U.S. falls short of number one on, and often has for many years (some of which it has NEVER been number one on), and a fair number it falls quite SHARPLY short of number one on.

41 minutes ago, Patine said:

As I said, in a few areas, but there are a VERY LARGE number of defining qualities and standards on which nations are judged from each other qualitively the U.S. falls short of number one on, and often has for many years (some of which it has NEVER been number one on), and a fair number it falls quite SHARPLY short of number one on.

Not really, when you take into account population, size in geography, and variety and sizes of ethnic and racial Minorities, the USA blows the competitors out of the water.  

1 minute ago, HonestAbe said:

Not really, when you take into account population, size in geography, and variety and sizes of ethnic and racial Minorities, the USA blows the competitors out of the water.  

Do you even KNOW the various different and separate qualities and standards nations are measured qualitively against each other on, and how they're measured, and that they're actually separately, or are you just talking out your ass, again?

The fact that “quantitative” measures are needed just proves my point.  Formulas are man made and not absolute. 

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

America still the best country regardless of who wins 🇺🇸🇺🇸

I don't think there's a single best country. I think of it more as a tier system. I'd place America in Tier 1 with Canada, UK, Germany, France, South Korea, the Scandinavian Countries, Netherlands, Switzerland, and possibly Japan. Within tier 1, I'd probably have an A or B, A would go to nations that I think have more moral authority. I'd place the Scandinavian Countries here, along with Switzerland. The rest, including the US, would be on Tier 1's B team. Tier 2 would be the remaining Democratic Secular societies that hold free elections, even if they have mediocre to poor economies and some other issues. Tier 3 would be nations that are shifting toward a free and open society, but still have many imperfections in this system. Tier 4 are authoritarian or theocratic countries in which the people are treated reasonably well outside of elections). Tier 5 are dictators, authoritatian, theocrats that clearly oppress their own people. Tier 6 are failed states. 

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I don't think there's a single best country. I think of it more as a tier system. I'd place America in Tier 1 with Canada, UK, Germany, France, South Korea, the Scandinavian Countries, Netherlands, Switzerland, and possibly Japan. Within tier 1, I'd probably have an A or B, A would go to nations that I think have more moral authority. I'd place the Scandinavian Countries here, along with Switzerland. The rest, including the US, would be on Tier 1's B team. Tier 2 would be the remaining Democratic Secular societies that hold free elections, even if they have mediocre to poor economies and some other issues. Tier 3 would be nations that are shifting toward a free and open society, but still have many imperfections in this system. Tier 4 are authoritarian or theocratic countries in which the people are treated reasonably well outside of elections). Tier 5 are dictators, authoritatian, theocrats that clearly oppress their own people. Tier 6 are failed states. 

Would you rather live anywhere else?

20 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

The fact that “quantitative” measures are needed just proves my point.  Formulas are man made and not absolute. 

You really have no idea what you are talking about here. You're like a dumb quarterback trying to bluff through a quantum physics discussion on a University campus...

12 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

There are a couple of countries I can imagine he might feel more at home if social and political conditions keep deteriorating there. He's expressed statements that living in Canada or the UK might be something he wouldn't necessarily be adverse to. But we'll see what he says, if he even feels a need to confide that in you.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

You really have no idea what you are talking about here. You're like a dumb quarterback trying to bluff through a quantum physics discussion on a University campus...

I hope I bring you as much joy with my comments as you bring me with comments like that. 

I hope I bring you as much joy with my comments as you bring me with comments like that. 

I never claimed to be Santa Claus...

Just now, Patine said:

I never claimed to be Santa Claus...

Better than that you give gifts like that almost everyday. 

Better than that you give gifts like that almost everyday. 

Suck it up, grow up, and get a REAL education, and a REALISTIC perspective on things...

15 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Certainly. If I could have picked where I was born, I would have preferred Finland, Sweden, or Norway.  The US would certainly be in my top 10, possibly #4 or #5. The only thing that prevents me from moving is that It's hard to get citizenship and a job there if you aren't born there. As such, I'm content to be in the US as a matter of convenience rather than by preference. I'm sure if I put forth the effort I could probably get a job there. 

This said, this is all assumption on my part as I've never lived in these countries. I'd have to live in every single tier 1 country to be able to definitively say that the US is the best country or not.