270soft Forum
Herbert Hoover

Founding Fathers: The Young Republic

@Herbert Hoover You haven't updated the pop cubes for the offices. State gets 2 pop cubes, all other offices get 1 pop cube, except for PM Gen (1 influence). Chief Justice does not give popularity. Pres and VP generally give 3 and 1 respectively, but Washington and Adams start with those offices, so they don't get anything. 

Just now, vcczar said:

@Herbert Hoover You haven't updated the pop cubes for the offices. State gets 2 pop cubes, all other offices get 1 pop cube, except for PM Gen (1 influence). Chief Justice does not give popularity. Pres and VP generally give 3 and 1 respectively, but Washington and Adams start with those offices, so they don't get anything. 

I actually just updated the popularity tab and that was it. I intended the update the actual cube totals later. 

15 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I actually just updated the popularity tab and that was it. I intended the update the actual cube totals later. 

The popularity and age tabs were formatted to carry the information over from the first page---using a mathematics formula. You probably deleted the formula, which means you'll have to do it manually unless you program it back in. A lot of the spreadsheet is formulas so you don't have to put information in twice. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The popularity and age tabs were formatted to carry the information over from the first page---using a mathematics formula. You probably deleted the formula, which means you'll have to do it manually unless you program it back in. A lot of the spreadsheet is formulas so you don't have to put information in twice. 

Yes, I had noticed that. For some reason or another, many of the formulas were not calculating correctly in my sheet. It may be because I deleted a couple rows.

1 minute ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Yes, I had noticed that. For some reason or another, many of the formulas were not calculating correctly in my sheet. It may be because I deleted a couple rows.

Yeah, you have to reformat everything if you add or delete columns. That's why I started working on a revamped spreadsheet, which would allow 10 statesmen per player instead of like 6 or 7, adds a column for Coalition Building cards, and I was going to condense a lot of the tabs, among other things. I'm still going to work on it, but since there isn't any urgency now, since you've started the game, I'm going to take my time on it. 

Just now, vcczar said:

Yeah, you have to reformat everything if you add or delete columns. That's why I started working on a revamped spreadsheet, which would allow 10 statesmen per player instead of like 6 or 7, adds a column for Coalition Building cards, and I was going to condense a lot of the tabs, among other things. I'm still going to work on it, but since there isn't any urgency now, since you've started the game, I'm going to take my time on it. 

That's fine. As soon as its finished I will switch it over.

In the meantime, action is to you and @Kingthero to decide the split of IP. 

25 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

That's fine. As soon as its finished I will switch it over.

In the meantime, action is to you and @Kingthero to decide the split of IP. 

I'll wait for Fisher Ames to respond first with how much IP he'll use, and I'll use whatever is necessary to complete it. I don't want to use mine up since I may need it if I'm reelected. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'll wait for Fisher Ames to respond first with how much IP he'll use, and I'll use whatever is necessary to complete it. I don't want to use mine up since I may need it if I'm reelected. 

In the meantime, feel free to propose any tax or tariff. I will allow that to be done at any point during the issues phase for expediency as well.

A note to everyone:

I go into work at 2PM EST. While at work, responses will be very infrequent and with no real rhyme or reason. However, there is nothing that should require my presence tonight for this issue or the election.

When the IP is decided, go ahead and begin the vote with the voting order above, and feel free to vote out of order.

The nominees by default are the party leaders, Washington and Jefferson. Either may defer to their deputy party leaders, Jay and Pinckney. 

The election will require no input from me. Do remember that elections are currently pre 12th amendment, meaning that each state can be claimed by two candidates, and that a VP can end up President. 

I'd reccomend that @Kingthero brush up on the election rules in the link provided. They are a little confusing at first. 

1 hour ago, Herbert Hoover said:

In the meantime, feel free to propose any tax or tariff. I will allow that to be done at any point during the issues phase for expediency as well.

I'll wait for @Kingthero to handle the final issue as Attorney General before making a decision on this. Also, As @Dr. Insano has the Treasury Sec, and I'll let him recommend if he thinks we need a Tariff or a Tax at the moment. 

Hamilton recommends a tariff

" President Washington as we are still a very young Nation I think it would be best for us if we used tariffs as a source of Revenue as of right now something in the likeness of a income tax would not be supported so soon after the Revolutionary War."

51 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Now everyone just needs to vote on suffrage and the tariff 

@mlcorcoran

@vcczar

@Dr. Insano

Obviously, I vote for both. 

Tariffs 

Hamilton/Clinton factions vote yes 

Gerry factions vote no

Sufferage 

Hamilton/Clinton factions vote yes 

Gerry factions vote no 

21 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Action is to @Agent B to choose to either accept the nomination as Jefferson or defer to Pinckney.

Jefferson will accept the nomination.

Also, it is my understanding that each of our 5 factions must vote on things as an 'all or nothing' vote.  Not split between conservative statesmen and liberal. Correct?