270soft Forum
SirLagsalott

CNN’s April 22nd Town Halls

31 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

If you think 5/7 is perfect then you must have been Hillary's outreach manager for the Rust Belt lol

I fell out my chair for this joke. Good one sir! 

17 hours ago, HonestAbe said:

Each candidate got softballs all night.  Each question was basically “If elected President will you read the next line of your stump speech?

I admittedly didn’t watch the Sanders or Buttigieg portions but just watched half of the Harris portion that I taped last night. Klobuchar, though she did poorly in my opinion, faced many tough questions, especially in the beginning of her hour. What parts of the town hall did you watch?

3 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

This is all true, however, you have to hold him to a standard that he is running for president and needs to be held accountable to clarify to issues in which he stated years ago, as a public official. He didn't seem to have a problem with the question, and in my opinion, he cleared it up quite nicely by answering it. 

I didn’t watch the Sanders portion but it’s absolutely fair for politicians to be questioned about their past beliefs. Both Warren and Klobuchar were, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the rest of the people on that night that I didn’t watch received similar lines of questioning. 

11 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

I admittedly didn’t watch the Sanders or Buttigieg portions but just watched half of the Harris portion that I taped last night. Klobuchar, though she did poorly in my opinion, faced many tough questions, especially in the beginning of her hour. What parts of the town hall did you watch?

I've seen all of Klobuchar's and some of Warrens. I have them all taped. I plan on watching them all, but over the course of the next few days.

33 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

I've seen all of Klobuchar's and some of Warrens. I have them all taped. I plan on watching them all, but over the course of the next few days.

I taped all of the ones I haven't seen except for Sanders. I'm going to finish going through them in a day or two.

I have officially  caught  up on  all of them. Warren  seemed to have the best performance of the night while Klobuchar and Harris  seem to have the worst. Sanders  confirmed  for me that even though I supported him in 2016, I  will not support him in 2020

18 hours ago, bloot911 said:

I have officially  caught  up on  all of them. Warren  seemed to have the best performance of the night while Klobuchar and Harris  seem to have the worst. Sanders  confirmed  for me that even though I supported him in 2016, I  will not support him in 2020

What happened in Sanders’? I know he said something about allowing criminals to vote while still in prison, but what turned you off from him out of curiosity?