270soft Forum
SirLagsalott

CNN’s April 22nd Town Halls

I watched all of Klobuchar and most of Warren’s town halls. It’s currently ongoing with Sanders, Harris, and Buttigieg next. Klobuchar had a rough night in my opinion, and had much tougher questions than Warren. But Warren blew her out of the water. Is anyone else watching that can provide some commentary?

16 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

I watched all of Klobuchar and most of Warren’s town halls. It’s currently ongoing with Sanders, Harris, and Buttigieg next. Klobuchar had a rough night in my opinion, and had much tougher questions than Warren. But Warren blew her out of the water. Is anyone else watching that can provide some commentary?

I really wanted to watch Kloba Tea's performance as she was one of the few I'm considering supporting on the Democratic side. But I didn't have the time.

It’s been brutal IMO, a lot of not answering questions and just repeating the same tired old stump speeches filled with promises, vaguely based on realty.  You aren’t missing anything you can’t find on YouTube from a previous campaign stop. 

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I really wanted to watch Kloba Tea's performance as she was one of the few I'm considering supporting on the Democratic side. But I didn't have the time.

Who's Kloba Tea?

3 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Who's Kloba Tea?

Amy Klobuchar, I am trying to come up with fun, creative nicknames for each candidate so I don't have to say their name over and over again, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

28 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Amy Klobuchar, I am trying to come up with fun, creative nicknames for each candidate so I don't have to say their name over and over again, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Someone I know likes to call Klobuchar Klob which is fun for puns like Klobbering time. 

Will CNN ever hold these candidates to the fire and make them answer a question they avoid.  The “follow ups” never get answered and they just let it go.  Dem voters deserve better to try to develop some clarity. 

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Kloba Tea - 5/8 but only bc I prefer half and half

6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Kloba Tea - 5/8 but only bc I prefer half and half

I would give it a perfect 5/7

On twitter it seems that Mayor Pete's fisherman comment was very well received, when I kind of think it was hypocritical of him to denounce it as bait, when in a big way his drama with Pence is nothing more than bait.

Apart from that, from what I seen it didn't seem like anyone had a big stellar moment. Harris talking about executive action like that's how the government is suppose to work wasn't exactly exciting either, though it didn't surprise me. 

2 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

Someone I know likes to call Klobuchar Klob which is fun for puns like Klobbering time. 

This actually made me chuckle.

Bernie town hall was really unfair.The audience was stacked up against him but he was great as always

6 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Bernie town hall was really unfair.The audience was stacked up against him but he was great as always

Weren't they all younger college aged people? Isn't that his strongest category. I just refuse to believe that 'every' debate is being stacked against the current declared front runner.

The crowd was the same for each candidate.  All Harvard and other NH local college kids. 

Each candidate got softballs all night.  Each question was basically “If elected President will you read the next line of your stump speech?

7 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

Weren't they all younger college aged people? Isn't that his strongest category. I just refuse to believe that 'every' debate is being stacked against the current declared front runner.

They compared Bernies ideas to Soviet Communism,i call BS!

10 hours ago, Rodja said:

I disagree. It was his strongest age group. Just because he got some tough questions doesn't mean it was unfair. Honestly, Warren's running far ahead of him in terms of policy. He made a gaffe of saying that he and Warren agreed on pretty much anything, when she's been the one bringing out the policy proposals. 

Here we go with all the neo conservatives and neo liberals fawning over Pete Buttigieg and Kamala Harris

Well i am 100% percent Bernie guy and progressive and i like Mayor Pete a lot,for Kamala i am much more skeptical tough.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

Here we go with all the neo conservatives and neo liberals fawning over Pete Buttigieg and Kamala Harris

18 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Well i am 100% percent Bernie guy and progressive and i like Mayor Pete a lot,for Kamala i am much more skeptical tough.

Oh don't get me wrong I think Pete buttigieg has a lot of appeal but he's not the most Progressive option. I would vote for him over Trump any day of the week. 

4 hours ago, Rodja said:

They compared Bernies ideas to Soviet Communism,i call BS!

... Based on a quote he provided. They didn't compare the ideas, they called attention to his views from the 1970s and once he answered that they dropped it, it was a fair question to ask about what he once believed.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

... Based on a quote he provided. They didn't compare the ideas, they called attention to his views from the 1970s and once he answered that they dropped it, it was a fair question to ask about what he once believed.

Yes, but I was BORN in the '70's, and my opinions have radically changed several times in my lifetime. Plus, a lot of older, former, and relatively recently deceased Republicans AND Democrats had very funny ideas, or very different ideas than what they became known for, several decades earlier in life - ideas that have public record through activism, voting and activity as junior political roles, radio ads as Hollywood celebrities from the '40's, etc. - reading too much into Sanders' college beliefs is either disingenuous, or a sign of desperation for something to firmly pin on him.

Just now, Patine said:

Yes, but I was BORN in the '70's, and my opinions have radically changed several times in my lifetime. Plus, a lot of older, former, and relatively recently deceased Republicans AND Democrats had very funny ideas, or very different ideas than what they became known for, several decades earlier in life - ideas that have public record through activism, voting and activity as junior political roles, radio ads as Hollywood celebrities from the '40's, etc. - reading too much into Sanders' college beliefs is either disingenuous, or a sign of desperation for something to firmly pin on him.

Well first of all it wasn't his College beliefs, it was the ideas he espoused while he was MAYOR of Burlington, Vermont. He was an elected official during that time, I'm not saying that he is a Communist, but he had those tendencies while Mayor and that's worth spending a few minutes explaining at a Town Hall event. Again, it wasn't a focal point, but it was addressed and that's reasonable.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Well first of all it wasn't his College beliefs, it was the ideas he espoused while he was MAYOR of Burlington, Vermont. He was an elected official during that time, I'm not saying that he is a Communist, but he had those tendencies while Mayor and that's worth spending a few minutes explaining at a Town Hall event. Again, it wasn't a focal point, but it was addressed and that's reasonable.

Still, it was in the '70's - the decade I was born. 20-25 years before becoming President, Nixon was a major and principal participant in the biggest Unconstitutional witch hunt in the 20th Century that ignored all due process and Constitutional rights by de facto fiat as a member of the HUAC. He, too, was an elected politician at the time. He never rescinded or rebuked his role therein once. I recall a couple of times you saying he wasn't so bad as a President and having several praise-worthy things to say about him, and saying the scandal that ended his career and credibility was an unfortunate misjudgement by him, or something like that.

19 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I would give it a perfect 5/7

If you think 5/7 is perfect then you must have been Hillary's outreach manager for the Rust Belt lol

6 hours ago, Patine said:

This is all true, however, you have to hold him to a standard that he is running for president and needs to be held accountable to clarify to issues in which he stated years ago, as a public official. He didn't seem to have a problem with the question, and in my opinion, he cleared it up quite nicely by answering it.