270soft Forum
Conservative Elector 2

Democratic positions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_the_2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primary_candidates (2019/04/21)

Based on this, I took down notes on being on the same side as the candidates. I ignored the unknown answers. Sadly there were many of them.

Biden +9 (was always my favourite Democrat, but the personal likeability has suffered a bit since the me too allegations.)

Delaney +9 (I also like him more than most of them who have announced, but he is clearly not the frontrunner yet)

Booker +6 (Interesting)

Yang +5 (I like him and he seems to be a smart candidate)

Klobuchar +4 (one of the ''better alternatives'')

O'Rourke +4 (one of the ''better alternatives")

Gillibrand +3

Hickenlooper +3

Sanders +3

Buttigieg +2

Gabbard +1

Warren +1

The rest has 0. 

21 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_the_2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_primary_candidates (2019/04/21)

Based on this, I took down notes on being on the same side as the candidates. I ignored the unknown answers. Sadly there were many of them.

Biden +9 (was always my favourite Democrat, but the personal likeability has suffered a bit since the me too allegations.)

Delaney +9 (I also like him more than most of them who have announced, but he is clearly not the frontrunner yet)

Booker +6 (Interesting)

Gillibrand +3

Hickenlooper +3

Sanders +3

Buttigieg +2

Gabbard +1

Warren +1

The rest has 0. 

I ignored the folks that I don't consider to be real candidates.  I also subtracted a point if they were in favor or against something I felt strongly about in the opposite direction.  

Sanders +15
Biden +13
Warren +11
Booker +10
Klobuchar +9
O'Rourke +8
Gillibrand +6
Buttigieg & Harris +4
Castro +2
Inslee -2
Hickenlooper -4

That said, I'm still a Buttigieg supporter.  There's a wide difference between "That sounds like a good idea" and "That sounds like an achievable idea."  Of the group, I consider Buttigieg to be the right combination of inspiring and also realistic.  That's a hard balance, but I think he pulls it off the best.

I also think it doesn't "matter" what a candidate believes if they can't get elected, and a country does not go from Donald Trump to Bernie Sanders overnight.

21 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Booker +6 (Interesting)

Gillibrand +3

Hickenlooper +3

Sanders +3

Buttigieg +2

Gabbard +1

Warren +1

The rest has 0. 

I'm surprised by the +3 for Sanders.  if I may ask where do you agree with Bernie Sanders?

1 hour ago, Dr. Insano said:

I'm surprised by the +3 for Sanders.  if I may ask where do you agree with Bernie Sanders?

Sure, I was kind of surprised as well.

He does not support support the decriminalization of sex work, while he supports drone strikes in order to fight terrorism. 

Until yesterday the page also stated, that he does not want to reform the Supreme Court, which should stay imho as it is. Without term limits and with a number of 9 appointed judges.

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

while he supports drone strikes in order to fight terrorism. 

So you stand with international war criminals who have been a part of U.S. government for 18 years on this? I'm disappointed to hear Sanders, but every politician certainly has their flaws and moral lapses. I would like to see war crimes trials over drone attacks (and other abuses and horrid crimes, especially ramped up since the Bush era), not praise for them and "solidarity" with them. These kind of actions make many members of the U.S. government and military just as criminal and as morally bankrupt as those they label "terrorists."

Well I think, if carried out properly the number of civilian causalities could be reduced dramatically. 

Most to least:

Sanders +54

Warren +49

Gillibrand/O’Rourke +41

Harris +40

Booker +39

Gabbard +37

Klobuchar/Yang +34

Buttigieg +33

Delaney +31

Castro +30

Biden +22