270soft Forum
vcczar

Most Important Issues of 2020

Which 2020 issues are most important?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2020 issue is arguably the most important from this list?

• Healthcare
    • The economy
    • Immigration
    • Equal pay and respect for women
    • Gun policy
    • Taxes
    • Foreign affairs
    • Income gap inequality
    • Supreme Court justices
    • US trade and tariff policies
    • Climate change
    • Investigations into Donald Trump
  2. 2. Will you rank these in order of importance below?

3. 3. Who will best handle your 5 most important issues of the 12 issues

• Trump
    • Weld
    • Biden
    • Sanders
    • Buttigieg
    • O’Rourke
    • Harris
    • Booker
    • Yang
    • Klobuchar
    • Gabbard
    • Castro
    • Gravel
    • Inslee
    • Williamson
    • Gillibrand
    • Hickenlooper
    • Swalwell
    • Ryan
    • Delaney

While it won’t poll high in this room. Trump will get 1/2 his support for one reason. Ruth Bader Ginsberg

4 hours ago, HonestAbe said:

While it won’t poll high in this room. Trump will get 1/2 his support for one reason. Ruth Bader Ginsberg

🤔

4 hours ago, HonestAbe said:

Oh now I see what you mean. Okay, if her seat can be used as a campaign prop much like Scalia’s to consolidate support based on partisanship. I thought you meant Ginsberg was driving support away from Democrats or something like that. 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:54 PM, Reagan04 said:

I'll do both, my priorities and then the priorities to the campaign.

Mine:

1. SCOTUS Justices

2. The economy

3. Taxes

4. Gun Rights

5. Foreign Affairs

6. Healthcare

7. Trade

8. Immigration

9. Investigations into Donald Trump

10. Income Gap Inequality

11. Climate Change

12. Equal Pay and respect for Women

The Campaign:

1. Healthcare

2. The economy

3. Foreign Affairs

4. Trade

5. Immigration

6. Investigations

7. Income Gap Inequality

8. Climate Change

9. Investigations into Donald Trump

10. Gun Rights

11. SCOTUS Justices

12. Equal Pay and respect for women

I notice what's rock bottom for @Reagan04 in priorities, even below a problem he claims doesn't even meaningfully exist. He keeps saying he has no sexist and racist ideals himself, and fervently and rabidly denies accusations thereof, but his priorities and posts keep betraying such things. But two-faced, hypocritical politicians and religious leaders are so common nowadays he probably is just flooded at his young, impressionable age with a lot bad role models he refuses, or doesn't have the courage or conviction, to rebuke.

Mine:

1. SCOTUS Justices

2. The economy

3. Gun Rights

4. Taxes

5. Foreign Affairs

6. Healthcare

7. Trade

8. Immigration

9. Climate Change

10. Investigations into Donald Trump

11. Income Gap Inequality

12. Equal Pay and respect for Women

2 hours ago, Patine said:

I notice what's rock bottom for @Reagan04 in priorities, even below a problem he claims doesn't even meaningfully exist. He keeps saying he has no sexist and racist ideals himself, and fervently and rabidly denies accusations thereof, but his priorities and posts keep betraying such things. But two-faced, hypocritical politicians and religious leaders are so common nowadays he probably is just flooded at his young, impressionable age with a lot bad role models he refuses, or doesn't have the courage or conviction, to rebuke.

I really am sorry to hear that someone unloaded their bladder into your gluten free cheerios this morning Patine. Perhaps I feel as though economic mobility for women can be achieved through general economic opportunity. Perhaps I don't believe a 1963 law will be the center of the 2020 campaign, or maybe I just don't believe identity should be a political issue. But you wouldn't know because you never ask. Whatever the case may actually be, it doesn't take belittling me and my values to have an intellectual conversation with someone else. It certainly doesn't take proclaiming victory before you've even spat your nonsense at me. I pray for you Patine, every week at least, I really do. I do pray that your obsession with fantasy and aversion to reason leave you soon. Or at least that your penchant for "giving up debate" only to return head first with hurtfully bombastic claims laced with self-righteous indignance subside. Now if you'd like to talk about womens issues I'm more than happy. Because I believe in issues that effect us all first and foremost, not making an issue out of gender or race like you seem so keen to divide people by. And if you'd like to make nonsubstantive pot shots at my morality you can sit back down because its Easter goddamnmit. Hallelujah, amen, holy shit where's the Tylenol.

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I do pray that your obsession with fantasy and aversion to reason leave you soon.

I have actually prayed this for you from time to time. And I pray, one day, you find the true Light and Ministry of Christ, and not the engine of hate, greed, death, and hypocrisy that are peddled  in His name by the "Big Churches" and by vile, evil political leaders hoping to play upon the beliefs, hopes, and faith of their constituents.

58 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have actually prayed this for you from time to time. And I pray, one day, you find the true Light and Ministry of Christ, and not the engine of hate, greed, death, and hypocrisy that are peddled  in His name by the "Big Churches" and by vile, evil political leaders hoping to play upon the beliefs, hopes, and faith of their constituents.

Well I'm glad you're satisified with the rest of my argument then.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Well I'm glad you're satisified with the rest of my argument then.

No, I just hadn't addressed it yet. The idea of leaving the advancement of various people who have traditionally been "disadvantaged," for one reason or another, to effectively vaunted "free market solutions," is complete and utter naïve folly - as the "free" market, left to it's own devices with minimal regulation, is a corrupt, nepotistic, neo-feudal cesspool that will only truly benefit that elite plutocratic class that already control it and any politicians who accept their bribes (or succumb to their blackmail) and betray their own constituents to kowtow these pirate princes, and the consumers and employees will be screwed over ruthlessly and with abandon and new talents and start-ups, except in the most niche areas, just squashed. This is why the issue I mention - and ALL issues around employment and consumer's rights - MUST be political issues, and dealt with with a firm hand.

Well, @Reagan04, I have, just above, responded to and rebutted your "solution" to the issue in contention without resorting to personal attacks or religious denunciations. I await your response.

Just now, Patine said:

Well, @Reagan04, I have, just above, responded to and rebutted your "solution" to the issue in contention without resorting to personal attacks or religious denunciations. I await for response.

No, you really didn't, you just launched on a tirade strawmanning the free market. I think it would be good for your heart rate and my tylenol supply if we didn't get into a knockdown dragout scrap on the day of Christ's Resurrection.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

No, you really didn't, you just launched on a tirade strawmanning the free market. I think it would be good for your heart rate and my tylenol supply if we didn't get into a knockdown dragout scrap on the day of Christ's Resurrection.

You know, the term "strawman," which has only seen significant use on the Internet in the last less than a decade, is really just becoming a cowardly shield for those who've said something quite bold, been called on it, can't back it up or defend it, and rather than admit such, or even gracefully leave the argument, use the "strawman" term as a cop-out to end the argument while making an attempt at appearing to have made no error, faux-pa, slip, or misspeak. I have yet to see a case of the use of the ubiquitous (and obnoxious) "strawman" on the Internet (including your uses of it) that make me feel my belief here is incorrect. May the Wizard of Oz give all the "strawmen" brains!

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

You know, the term "strawman," which has only seen significant use on the Internet in the last less than a decade, is really just becoming a cowardly shield for those who've said something quite bold, been called on it, can't back it up or defend it, and rather than admit such, or even gracefully leave the argument, use the "strawman" term as a cop-out to end the argument while making an attempt at appearing to have made no error, faux-pa, slip, or misspeak. I have yet to see a case of the use of the ubiquitous (and obnoxious) "strawman" on the Internet (including your uses of it) that make me feel my belief here is incorrect. May the Wizard of Oz give all the "strawmen" brains!

I really need to stop responding to you Patine, it's not good for either of our healths, but I do encourage you to better look up the term strawman and properly add it to your vocabulary as it is a very real thing regarding debate and discourse.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I really need to stop responding to you Patine, it's not good for either of our healths, but I do encourage you to better look up the term strawman and properly add it to your vocabulary as it is a very real thing regarding debate and discourse.

I have looked it up - and had it's definition linked at me when I made a similar statement to someone in a very similar context on another forum entirely. I am still not convinced, from my personal experiences with how I seen the term used in practice, that I am incorrect in my beliefs.

No, climate change is the most important right now. From what I've heard, we've only got 12 years to sort it out! If we don't bring someone in who's willing to do something about it now, we may never get a second chance.

1 hour ago, Wiw said:

No, climate change is the most important right now. From what I've heard, we've only got 12 years to sort it out! If we don't bring someone in who's willing to do something about it now, we may never get a second chance.

But then, any serious candidate who made such a priority wouldn't be able to kowtow and prostrate themselves before their corporate masters properly, and would be handicapped in receiving their bribes - err, excuse me, campaign donations and lobby gifts.

But then, big corporations love legal situations where women (or any other demographic that could be contrived) could be paid less with no legal problems, so kowtowing and bowing and scraping to corporate masters must be done there. Maybe that's also a big part of the "free market solutions" @Reagan04 was talking about, and why it "shouldn't be a political issue." :(

1. SCOTUS
  2. Healthcare
  3. Trade and Tariff Policy
  4. Economy
  5. Foreign Affairs
  6. Income Gap Inequality
  7. Climate Change
  8. Immigration
  9. Equal Pay
  10. Taxes
  11. Guns
  12. Investigations into Trump

All are very well meaning issues that need to be tackled, so it's hard to rank in order of what's most important. For me, Supreme Court Justices simply trickle down into the rest of the list. Nothing can be done without a majority on that court. Healthcare is a big issue right now, even more so than the economy, which is doing decently in and of itself right now. Trade and the tariffs have personally affected my state, so it'll be higher up there than anyone else's. The true damage done by the Administration to our foreign policy cannot be overstated as well.