270soft Forum
Conservative Elector 2

Joe Biden seems to be in

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Please don't do anything dangerous.

Lol I made the bet in an earlier thread a couple months ago basically betting 100% that Biden wouldn't run and some reasons why, and I was so confident in myself I'd down an entire bottle of Tabasco. I'm familiar enough with spicy foods that I guarantee a normal bottle isn't harmful to me, but enough to leave my tongue numb for a few days. Originally I was gonna get one of those tiny thumb sized bottles as a loophole but I'll prob just go normal yolo.

14 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Originally I was gonna get one of those tiny thumb sized bottles as a loophole but I'll prob just go normal yolo.

I was fully expecting you to fill an empty tabasco bottle with marinara sauce (and still wouldn't be surprised if you did).

12 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'm familiar enough with spicy foods that I guarantee a normal bottle isn't harmful to me

I can drink a glass of wine at a meal no problem, but if I try to chug a gallon it will probably do some serious harm.

Please research possible side affects of doing something like that - I think your commitment would be fulfilled by having any bottle, regardless of size.

16 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchell-reports/watch/biden-to-officially-announce-2020-presidential-run-thursday-1503848003851 

Article says he'll formally run on Thursday. If someone posts the clip of him announcing and tags me in it (unfortunately i've been too busy to lurk much) I will publicly admit that I was wrong and apologize to any forum members I may have argued with about it and follow through with downing an entire Tabasco bottle on camera and post it in this thread (it'll be a while though bc I have prom next Saturday). I actually would have bet my entire savings on him not running. Very interesting.

You have to drink the Tabasco right before you go out the door for prom. Just kidding. 

I actually forgot proms existed. I never had any desire to go to prom or any school function. I remember being forced to go to a dance in middle school--7th or 8th grade. I couldn't wait for it to end. Three kids tried to pick a fight with me for no reason and that was the best part of the party. I didn't back away and shoved the main kid into the column of the building. Then they just kind of embarrassingly laughed it off, probably said something mean, and walked away. 

14 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lol I made the bet in an earlier thread a couple months ago basically betting 100% that Biden wouldn't run and some reasons why, and I was so confident in myself I'd down an entire bottle of Tabasco. I'm familiar enough with spicy foods that I guarantee a normal bottle isn't harmful to me, but enough to leave my tongue numb for a few days. Originally I was gonna get one of those tiny thumb sized bottles as a loophole but I'll prob just go normal yolo.

I honestly thought he wouldn't enter either. Now o you think he'll win the primaries and/or the general?

9 hours ago, admin_270 said:

I can drink a glass of wine at a meal no problem, but if I try to chug a gallon it will probably do some serious harm.

Please research possible side affects of doing something like that - I think your commitment would be fulfilled by having any bottle, regardless of size.

Completely understandable. Out of curiosity, what taste of wine do you prefer? I've never liked red wines. (I prefer whiskey/scotch over anything though but I dont drink often)

I appreciate the concern but I'm very familiar with spicy foods, and have researched the Scoville unit measurement and am confident I can take it. (Though I am also confident it will still burn like hell)

I do this not as a feat of strength or bragging, but because I want my boldest predictions to mean something and have consequences.

21 hours ago, jnewt said:

I was fully expecting you to fill an empty tabasco bottle with marinara sauce (and still wouldn't be surprised if you did).

Which is why i plan on breaking the seal on camera.

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

You have to drink the Tabasco right before you go out the door for prom. Just kidding. 

I actually forgot proms existed. I never had any desire to go to prom or any school function. I remember being forced to go to a dance in middle school--7th or 8th grade. I couldn't wait for it to end. Three kids tried to pick a fight with me for no reason and that was the best part of the party. I didn't back away and shoved the main kid into the column of the building. Then they just kind of embarrassingly laughed it off, probably said something mean, and walked away. 

I never had any desire to go either until I met the girl I'm going with. Just got the suit ordered today. Apparently im the only guy who still thinks bowties are fashionable. (Yes I shampoo my eyebrows)

20190423_161751.thumb.jpg.75f9af358d458dc498f2dd3521019fa4.jpg

7 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

I honestly thought he wouldn't enter either. Now o you think he'll win the primaries and/or the general?

Glad to see I'm not alone lol. Honestly now I'd down two Tabascos if he didn't win (not serious, honestly have no clue on the primaries). General no. Not saying that from being an optimistic Trump supporter but from historical precedent and trends. The primaries must look super exciting to you guys on the left (I know you guys, and especially @Patine hate that term, but I honestly don't know what to call you). Got many big names and progressive heroes like Bernie, Biden, Warren and Booker, and having numerous dark horse and exciting candidates (Buttgieg, Yang) that could really shake things up. Prob recency bias but reminds me of the 2016 GOP Primaries (which I know you have a strong distaste for most, if not all of them, but you have to admit it was entertaining).

At the end of the day we can all agree that at least Hillary ain't running lmao.

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Completely understandable. Out of curiosity, what taste of wine do you prefer? I've never liked red wines. (I prefer whiskey/scotch over anything though but I dont drink often)

I appreciate the concern but I'm very familiar with spicy foods, and have researched the Scoville unit measurement and am confident I can take it. (Though I am also confident it will still burn like hell)

I do this not as a feat of strength or bragging, but because I want my boldest predictions to mean something and have consequences.

I never had any desire to go either until I met the girl I'm going with. Just got the suit ordered today. Apparently im the only guy who still thinks bowties are fashionable. (Yes I shampoo my eyebrows)20190423_161751.thumb.jpg.75f9af358d458dc498f2dd3521019fa4.jpg

Glad to see I'm not alone lol. Honestly now I'd down two Tabascos if he didn't win (not serious, honestly have no clue on the primaries). General no. Not saying that from being an optimistic Trump supporter but from historical precedent and trends. The primaries must look super exciting to you guys on the left (I know you guys, and especially @Patine hate that term, but I honestly don't know what to call you). Got many big names and progressive heroes like Bernie, Biden, Warren and Booker, and having numerous dark horse and exciting candidates (Buttgieg, Yang) that could really shake things up. Prob recency bias but reminds me of the 2016 GOP Primaries (which I know you have a strong distaste for most, if not all of them, but you have to admit it was entertaining).

At the end of the day we can all agree that at least Hillary ain't running lmao.

You aren't the only person in this forum that wears a bow-tie. 

bowtie.jpg

54 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I never had any desire to go either until I met the girl I'm going with. Just got the suit ordered today. Apparently im the only guy who still thinks bowties are fashionable. (Yes I shampoo my eyebrows)

20190423_161751.thumb.jpg.75f9af358d458dc498f2dd3521019fa4.jpg

It doesn't look exciting. And, I prefer being termed as an "free-thinking, non-partisan or ideological loyalist (or bound) adaptive independent with default progressive tendencies." Personally, I'm losing faith that any candidate with any party label who has a plan or volition to truly tackle the deep-rooted, real problems and issues plaguing and rotting the U.S. from within, and not just endlessly play whack-a-whole with the symptoms, and who is up to making necessary and direly-needed reforms across the board and to truly stand-up to, and purge the power of the Plutocratic Oligarchic and give it back to the constituent voters, where it belongs, and to create a truly accountable, responsible, and transparent government would even be ALLOWED to come close to winning by the corrupt party caciques who have a tight grip on the primary nominations and Electoral College results. Dennis Kucinich (a left-wing example) and Ron Paul (a right-wing example) are good case studies of these kinds of candidates completely screwed over and institutionally marginalized.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

It doesn't look exciting. And, I prefer being termed as an "free-thinking, non-partisan or ideological loyalist (or bound) adaptive independent with default progressive tendencies." Personally, I'm losing faith that any candidate with any party label who has a plan or volition to truly tackle the deep-rooted, real problems and issues plaguing and rotting the U.S. from within, and not just endlessly play whack-a-whole with the symptoms, and who is up to making necessary and direly-needed reforms across the board and to truly stand-up to, and purge the power of the Plutocratic Oligarchic and give it back to the constituent voters, where it belongs, and to create a truly accountable, responsible, and transparent government would even be ALLOWED to come close to winning by the corrupt party caciques who have a tight grip on the primary nominations and Electoral College results. Dennis Kucinich (a left-wing example) and Ron Paul (a right-wing example) are good case studies of these kinds of candidates completely screwed over and institutionally marginalized.

Love Papa Paul but do you love my bow tie?

24 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Love Papa Paul but do you love my bow tie?

I'm glad I was never made to wear one when I was your age. :P

On 4/25/2019 at 2:42 AM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@vcczar 🎀🎀 BOWTIE GANGGGG!!!! We got any more??

I've never been a fan of the wing-tipped shirts but you do you my man.

🖐️🖐️ I've always loved bowties

Way back in primary school, we had a Titanic themed party (we were studying it at the time.) We were all split up into different groups, I was first class. I was the only one who turned up dressed for first class. Apparently it wasn't fancy dress. Eight years later, I've yet to live it down.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, vcczar said:

You aren't the only person in this forum that wears a bow-tie. 

bowtie.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:42 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@vcczar 🎀🎀 BOWTIE GANGGGG!!!! We got any more??

I've never been a fan of the wing-tipped shirts but you do you my man.

1 hour ago, LegolasRedbard said:

🖐️🖐️ I've always loved bowties

Way back in primary school, we had a Titanic themed party (we were studying it at the time.) We were all split up into different groups, I was first class. I was the only one who turned up dressed for first class. Apparently it wasn't fancy dress. Eight years later, I've yet to live it down.

Although, I remember a line from a book about high-level corporate office politics by the author of "Swimming With Sharks," (though the one I read wasn't made into a movie like the former) you might find amusing. "It was middle management in the company, but in a department where most of us were young and hungry for more, and on the way up. But it was a cutthroat crucible. And they were always giving you enough rope to hang yourself, if you weren't careful. And, given office dress code was in strict enforcement - not even Casual Fridays in that office - everyone was already wearing their noose, and tight. But not me. I cheated the system, but without actually breaking the letter of the rules. I wore a bow-tie to work." :P

On 4/24/2019 at 6:29 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Out of curiosity, what taste of wine do you prefer? I've never liked red wines. (I prefer whiskey/scotch over anything though but I dont drink often)

Some whiskey on a cold night in front of a crackling fire once in a while, but with a meal right now Argentinian malbecs. 🍷 Hot summer day a dry white or rose is fine once in a while, though.

And there are lots of wineries and craft breweries 🍺 where I live, so lots of options are also good from hereabouts, but foreign wines are usually cheaper.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:29 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

46 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Some whiskey on a cold night in front of a crackling fire once in a while, but with a meal right now Argentinian malbecs. 🍷 Hot summer day a dry white or rose is fine once in a while, though.

And there are lots of wineries and craft breweries 🍺 where I live, so lots of options are also good from hereabouts, but foreign wines are usually cheaper.

I, myself, don't drink alcohol, and never really have, despite being legally allowed to for 25 years now. Although I think @jdm06ltd once said to a younger poster who brought up that he was too drunk to play his RP thread turn two or three in a row, "when you're an adult, you'll drink a lot," I don't find this to be as universal a sentiment as he, and others, might think or assume. But I do admit I like my coffee...

50 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I can see that there are some actually somewhat refined tastes on this forum.

I, on the other hand, am an underaged college student. My alcohol consumption is primarily Smirnoff, Grey Goose, Jack Daniel's and Fireball, taken in as many shots as it takes to get the job done 😛

25 minutes ago, Patine said:

I, myself, don't drink alcohol, and never really have

Ya, I'm all for moderation in alcohol usage.

In my case, I find I 'switch off' of wanting alcohol after a drink or two, if that weren't the case, I would probably be a teetotaler.

I love my Colombian coffee.

29 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

am an underaged college student

Binge drinking is the worst - don't do it! I had a friend sent to the hospital because of it. Whether it's tabasco sauce or Smirnoff's, don't drink an entire bottle at one sitting people!

54 minutes ago, Patine said:

I, myself, don't drink alcohol, and never really have, 

I don't like alcohol either, so we agree here :D 

47 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Binge drinking is the worst - don't do it! I had a friend sent to the hospital because of it. Whether it's tabasco sauce or Smirnoff's, don't drink an entire bottle at one sitting people!

1 hour ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I, on the other hand, am an underaged college student. My alcohol consumption is primarily Smirnoff, Grey Goose, Jack Daniel's and Fireball, taken in as many shots as it takes to get the job done 😛

I had a friend die of liver disease from overdrinking in her lifetime. Last time I saw her, her skin was pallid-yellow, as were her irises. And she was only two years younger than me... :(

3 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Grey Goose, Jack Daniels, and Crown Royal are my three fav drinks

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Whether it's tabasco sauce or Smirnoff's, don't drink an entire bottle at one sitting people!

rip