Jump to content
270soft Forum
admin_270

Who are the top 10 Democratic candidates right now?

Recommended Posts

If the Dems nominate anyone born before 1960 they deserve the landslide they'll lose by.  The Boomers have done enough damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 12:27 AM, admin_270 said:

With an historically unprecedented field (and it might get even larger), just making the top 10 is an achievement at this point.

Who are the top 10 Democratic candidates at this point?

Here's my list.

1. Biden, 2. Sanders, 3. Beto, 4. Harris, 5. Buttigieg, 6. Warren, 7. Klobuchar.

To me, those are the easy ones. Who fills the other 3 spots? I would put

8. Booker, 9. Yang, 10. Williamson.

Interestingly to me, this leaves out both the Governors who are running, so there isn't one Governor running for President on the Dem side in the top 10!

Buttigieg is becoming the Right-Wing democrat

He proposed a NATIONAL SERVICE

National Service is unconstitutionnal in US but well known of Europeans as we got some Napoleonic and world wars at our borders..

It's the duty for every men to go to army for many months and be trained.

It will probably be popular but more among Republicans than Democrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pilight said:

If the Dems nominate anyone born before 1960 they deserve the landslide they'll lose by.  The Boomers have done enough damage.

Alright, enough ageism from you. It's no different, in the end, than sexism, classism, racism, or any other form of bigotry by base demographic. You lost all credential on this issue when you were ranting about it the last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Buttigieg is becoming the Right-Wing democrat

He proposed a NATIONAL SERVICE

National Service is unconstitutionnal in US but well known of Europeans as we got some Napoleonic and world wars at our borders..

It's the duty for every men to go to army for many months and be trained.

It will probably be popular but more among Republicans than Democrats.

Ah, yes. Jefferson Davis (not a UNITED States President, of course) effectively instituted complete conscription, not just the draft the Union had, by about a year into the war, with only a "percentage of slaveholding men exempt to stop slave revolts." He even had a horribly abusive secret police called the Home Guard to enforce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ah, yes. Jefferson Davis (not a UNITED States President, of course) effectively instituted complete conscription, not just the draft the Union had, by about a year into the war, with only a "percentage of slaveholding men exempt to stop slave revolts." He even had a horribly abusive secret police called the Home Guard to enforce it.

And technically it's contrary to the bill of rights

A Supreme Court would have no problem to say it today

To tell you a secret

I was a Macron elector in 2017, untill the day he said he was wishing to put back the military service

Marine le Pen and Jean Luc Mélenchon supported it too.

I'm would have prefered to not be allowed to go to university rather to be enforced to serve in army, even a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Edouard said:

And technically it's contrary to the bill of rights

A Supreme Court would have no problem to say it today

To tell you a secret

I was a Macron elector in 2017, untill the day he said he was wishing to put back the military service

Marine le Pen and Jean Luc Mélenchon supported it too.

I'm would have prefered to not be allowed to go to university rather to be enforced to serve in army.

I'm opposed fully to the practice myself, even though I'm personally too over the hill to be pressed into such service realistically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

I'm opposed fully to the practice myself, even though I'm personally too over the hill to be pressed into such service realistically.

Same :) 

But we agree it's a principle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...