270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Just Voted

7 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Interesting. Lately center-right parties have been winning in Canada, no? The UCP being an example and last years election in Ontario being another. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge when it comes to Canadian politics :(  but Canada is new to me :)

You could also count Quebec but parties are independent of the federal level here ūüėõ

In fact Canada works on a two system

A federal election with a government => trudeau

A premiership in provinces where the Prime Minister is powerfull

It's a bit like USA but the state reps and equivalent of governors are not linked with federal party excepted few exceptions

PS : I'm trolling you @Patine when I say bad :( 

i read about canada politcs in recents months but i don't know actual positions of centerright,rightwing or "farright" canadian politicans in general example what position on guns,immigration,taxes etc i know of very very few just the very basic  , for example what partys,leaders are similiar to anothers candidates and leaders of anothers countrys

5 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

i read about canada politcs in recents months but i don't know actual positions of centerright,rightwing or "farright" canadian politicans in general example what position on guns,immigration,taxes etc i know of very very few just the very basic  , for example what partys,leaders are similiar to anothers candidates and leaders of anothers countrys

Canada is left than USA on economy

Basically Conservatives are like Northern Republican parties

Left is same than current Democratic Party

But Canada has a very progressive society

Abortion and same sex marriage are backed by EVERY canadian parties

Same for euthanasy

38 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Canada is left than USA on economy

Basically Conservatives are like Northern Republican parties

Left is same than current Democratic Party

But Canada has a very progressive society

Abortion and same sex marriage are backed by EVERY canadian parties

Same for euthanasy

43 minutes ago, victorraiders said:

I think a fair number of Federal Conservatives, Alberta UCP, and Saskatchewan Party members (I don't know about whole party platforms) support U.S.-style "2nd Amendment" gun rights (2nd Amendment in quotation marks, because it's not actually part of Canadian Constitutional law and thus is parsed as creating a new, previously non-existent, legal structure). The Senate (whether to leave it as is - a patronage partisan appointment by the sitting government, to have it be elected and equal by Province, be elected, but offset by region in number of member instead of Province, or abolish it entirely) is also a perennial issue that crops up from time to time, but has never been fully resolved. Provincial rights (like U.S. States' Rights) are also contentious issues. Immigration has become VERY contentious of late. The Federal Conservatives have not been campaigning on fighting or repealing the marijuana legalization under Trudeau.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

I think a fair number of Federal Conservatives, Alberta UCP, and Saskatchewan Party members (I don't know about whole party platforms) support U.S.-style "2nd Amendment" gun rights (2nd Amendment in quotation marks, because it's not actually part of Canadian Constitutional law and thus is parsed as creating a new, previously non-existent, legal structure). The Senate (whether to leave it as is - a patronage partisan appointment by the sitting government, to have it be elected and equal by Province, be elected, but offset by region in number of member instead of Province, or abolish it entirely) is also a perennial issue that crops up from time to time, but has never been fully resolved. Provincial rights (like U.S. States' Rights) are also contentious issues. Immigration has become VERY contentious of late. The Federal Conservatives have not been campaigning on fighting or repealing the marijuana legalization under Trudeau.

Yes Canada is one of the main progressist societal country in the world.

About immigration and religion Patine is true.

Canadians and Quebecers have become touchy with muslim religious symbols.

With immigration, these have become the black horse of the Conservatives.

But Canada is taking a lot of immigrants inside too, 330 000 per year! (300 000 from the Federal and 30 000 from an autonomous reserve Quebec has).

Maybe the very progressive Canadian agenda is also thanks to its Supreme Court

The Supreme Court of Canada is far-left to have gentle words ūüėõ¬†they refused euthanasy bill of Quebec because it was too much conservative for them.

21 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Yes Canada is one of the main progressist societal country in the world.

About immigration and religion Patine is true.

Canadians and Quebecers have become touchy with muslim religious symbols.

With immigration, these have become the black horse of the Conservatives.

But Canada is taking a lot of immigrants inside too, 330 000 per year! (300 000 from the Federal and 30 000 from an autonomous reserve Quebec has).

Maybe the very progressive Canadian agenda is also thanks to its Supreme Court

The Supreme Court of Canada is far-left to have gentle words ūüėõ¬†they refused euthanasy bill of Quebec because it was too much conservative for them.ÔĽŅ

well if i understand correct more strict immigration give voter to conservatives at local and national elections??, canada supreme court need hugs brazilian supreme court to jump jumping off the cliff united,these days supreme court censourship investigation against minister of supreme ,censorship people who criticism supreme ,intervention on senate leader election months ago and try jailed one comedian

1 hour ago, victorraiders said:

well if i understand correct more strict immigration give voter to conservatives at local and national elections??, canada supreme court need hugs brazilian supreme court to jump jumping off the cliff united,these days supreme court censourship investigation against minister of supreme ,censorship people who criticism supreme ,intervention on senate leader election months ago and try jailed one comedian

Yes in a big sum up!

Quebec is the only province of Canada which has no local Conservative Party nor local NDP party (well it exists but it's less than 1 or 2% of the vote and essentially in Montreal). Same for Conservative it exists but they are a real minus party.

But even if the Quebec government isn't linked with the Conservatives he has the same policy.

Apart immigration and security, the Conservatives are same on society than the Workers party of Brazil.

Just now, Edouard said:

Yes in a big sum up!

Quebec is the only province of Canada which has no local Conservative Party nor local NDP party (well it exists but it's less than 1 or 2% of the vote and essentially in Montreal).

But even if the Quebec government isn't linked with the Conservatives he has the same policy.

Apart immigration and security, the Conservatives are same on society than the Workers party of Brazil.

Actually, I think you missed where I was explaining to @TheLiberalKitten that Federal Conservative Party, as established in 2003 by the merger of the old Federal Progressive Conservatives and the Canadian Alliance, properly has no Provincial affiliate parties in terms of organization, label, or direct party ties - in which it differs from the Liberals, NDP, and Green Party, and even the U.S. Democrats and Republicans with their State affiliates. So, properly and officially, NO Province in Canada has a local Conservative Party, de jure - but they all have a major centre-right- to right-wing party Provincially, all of which are separate and independent partisan organizations.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Actually, I think you missed where I was explaining to @TheLiberalKitten that Federal Conservative Party, as established in 2003 by the merger of the old Federal Progressive Conservatives and the Canadian Alliance, properly has no Provincial affiliate parties in terms of organization, label, or direct party ties - in which it differs from the Liberals, NDP, and Green Party, and even the U.S. Democrats and Republicans with their State affiliates. So, properly and officially, NO Province in Canada has a local Conservative Party, de jure - but they all have a major centre-right- to right-wing party Provincially, all of which are separate and independent partisan organizations.

Yes of course I missed to say it ! But as you saw I didn't mention the Liberals of Quebec too because their platform was close of the federal one (even if the Quebec government of Couillard was center right on economy) 

I just too the name of the party and its basis :) 

For me the party of Jason Kenney won't be far away of what Stephen Harper government did

19 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Yes in a big sum up!

Quebec is the only province of Canada which has no local Conservative Party nor local NDP party (well it exists but it's less than 1 or 2% of the vote and essentially in Montreal). Same for Conservative it exists but they are a real minus party.

Apart immigration and security, the Conservatives are same on society than the Workers party of Brazil.ÔĽŅ

about that not probable are the same are some smalls center right candidates of psl, example bolsonaro are centerright on immigration and left in socialprograms and healtcare, workers party of brazil make you looks rightwing probable dont have in canada partys similar to farlefts of brazil( i think exist in canada one small party with 0% )

On 4/16/2019 at 8:32 PM, Patine said:

I just voted in the Alberta election here. I think my best hope is that the UCP are forced to minority government status, realistically (though it's unprecedented in Alberta politics, with big majorities always being, and every change of party being a big upset to a new party's majority), but I don't want Kenney, who is not even in the tradition of the 41-year Progressive Conservative dynasty who, with much more moderate, balanced, and adaptive policies (for a centre-right party) turned Alberta into the envy of all other Canadian provinces and a fair number of U.S. States economically and in general development, as Kenney's completely out of touch with that tradition and is just an " unadaptive, noninnovative, stock 21st Century Conservative drone" who would likely nosedive a lot of what makes this Province great if given unrestrained power.

And so it begins

L√Ęimage contient peut-√ɬ™tre√ā¬†: 1 personne, texte