Jump to content
270soft Forum
HonestAbe

Compare and Contrast

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

sloppy, highly inaccurate, a distorted view of affairs, and tends to lead to the forcing associations that aren't there, or realistic

Aye aye, Cap'n, guilty on all counts!

It's a fun exercise to try to light up parallels that might, just might, be useful in seeing where things are going. As I said, I think almost all of these are stretches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HonestAbe said:

Trump - Michael Avenatti

Bush - Joe Biden

Carson - Beto O'Rourke

Christie - Steve Bullock

Cruz - Elizabeth Warren

Fiorina - Andrew Yang

Graham - Kirsten Gillibrand

Huckabee - Tulsi Gabbard

Jindal - Cory Booker

Kasich - John Hickenlooper

Paul - Bernie Sanders

Perry - Jay Inslee

Rubio - Kamala Harris

Santorum - Amy Klobuchar

Walker - Eric Swalwell

Pataki - John Delaney

Gilmore - Mike Gravel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, admin_270 said:

@SilentLiberty

I like the Carson-Beto link. Also the Graham-Booker one.

But why Kasich-Gillibrand?

I think they're both 'establishment' but kind of have an 'outsider establishment' feel to them. I also think Gillibrand will end up viewed similarly to Kasich among the swing voters, by that i mean not exactly soured on but not exactly rah-rah about like some of the other candidates in their respective primaries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Reagan04 Is Michael Avenatti still a thing though? Last I heard he was going away for a long long time.

I mean honestly it's a good fit but still aha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

@Reagan04 Is Michael Avenatti still a thing though? Last I heard he was going away for a long long time.

I mean honestly it's a good fit but still aha

Correct, he's a scumbag and a con-man, someone that shouldn't be within 39 1/2 feet of power and ought to be in jail for the crimes he has committed. Someone wholly antithetical to American values and to my personal values. Which is why I matched him with Avennatti 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reagan04 said:

Correct, he's a scumbag and a con-man, someone that shouldn't be within 39 1/2 feet of power and ought to be in jail for the crimes he has committed. Someone wholly antithetical to American values and to my personal values. Which is why I matched him with Avennatti 😉

Just like so many who already ARE in power in Washington, D.C. - some who have been for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 12:47 PM, admin_270 said:

What were the attractions to Carson? He was outside of Washington ('the swamp'), not a politician (ditto), he promised 'healing' (unconventional background), and was to an extent an inspirational candidate due to his personal story. Does Buttigieg fit this the best? Perhaps Messam?

Carson also had a strong appeal early on because of his strong conservative faith. Early on in the primaries, many thought that he could use South Carolina(home to many evangelicals) to propel him to the number 1 spot of the primary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Carson also had a strong appeal early on because of his strong conservative faith. Early on in the primaries, many thought that he could use South Carolina(home to many evangelicals) to propel him to the number 1 spot of the primary. 

A neurosurgeon in denial of a number of fundamental pillars of science was a frightening thought indeed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×