270soft Forum
Dr. Insano

Julian Assange arrested

On 4/11/2019 at 10:17 PM, Patine said:

Does meekly and humbly accepting a government that abuses and runs rough shod over your rights and dignities, violates it's own laws and holds it's members above justice, lies to you, cheats you, and fails you again and again, and awaits your support at the ballot box for another term of abuse of disappointment - to the extent that trigger revolutions, insurgencies, <Insert Name Here> Springs, and "Clean Hands" legislative revolts in other countries, grow tiresome for you and your sense of dignity, pride, and justice at all?

Nope!

10 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

Nope!

"Born down in a dead man's town,

the first kick I took was I hit the ground,

you end up like a dog that's been beat too much,

till you spend half your life just coverin' up, now,"

-Bruce Springsteen, "Born in the U.S.A." (which he had to remind Ronald Reagan is NOT a patriotic song)

19 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm actually quite surprised by @jvikings1's lack of comment here. He's not usually silent on these sort of issues.

I was at a College Republicans statewide meeting over the weekend and didn't have a whole lot of free time.

Even I will concede that there are time for secrecy; however, when a government is trying to cover up violations of the people's rights, then it is a person's duty to expose the government for their actions.  Also, to my knowledge, Wikileaks only distributes information that is provided to them.  If that's the case, then I don't see a case against Assange on those charges (or many journalists would see similar fates).

On 4/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, Patine said:

I'm interested in @vcczar, @jvikings1, and @NYrepublican's opinion's on the legality (and enforceability by criminal charges against whistleblowers) of government classifying documents about it's own activities and employees, even from it's own citizens - who pay taxes and legally empower it - and, if viewed as legal, whether the unrestricted and unlimited ability by government to continue to do so on it's fiat and discretion should continue, and government should just be "trusted", or whether a mechanism of some sort, with binding power and separation from government in agenda, should be installed to make sure such classification of information is only where absolutely necessary and not covering up crimes, corruption, or Unconstitutional activity by government.

They're charging him for hacking not for publishing information to avoid that.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

They're charging him for hacking not for publishing information to avoid that.

Still, it comes down to charges to protect secrets whose existence makes the U.S. Government in a state of high treason and sedition, corruption and contempt, and betrayal of their own people and violating the Constitution by which they function, and hiding those facts from their own people by slapping on a "classified" label. Do YOU believe that, in these cases, Assange, or Snowden or Manning, for that matter, are the REAL criminals here, is pretty much the question I'm asking?

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, Patine said:

Still, it comes down to charges to protect secrets whose existence makes the U.S. Government in a state of high treason and sedition, corruption and contempt, and betrayal of their own people and violating the Constitution by which they function, and hiding those facts from their own people by slapping on a "classified" label. Do YOU believe that, in these cases, Assange, or Snowden or Manning, for that matter, are the REAL criminals here, is pretty much the question I'm asking?

I await your response here, @NYrepublican, since I see you're online.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I'm busy cataloguing hundreds of documents.

Just like the NSA...

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, NYrepublican said:

I'm busy cataloguing hundreds of documents.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, Patine said:

Just like the NSA...

Are you done sorting through your illegally and Unconstitutionally gathered "Enemies of the State" profiles for your unaccountable and secret, but taxpayer paid, NSA superiors and ready to answer the question? :P