270soft Forum
Actinguy

Actinguy's Founding Fathers

7 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

To @Woot.  You can make a speech and/or go for congressional support.

Just my free speech with William Jennings Bryan and I will use IP if I can to succeed.

@Actinguy I hope you guys try to rank the presidents in your timeline when you are done with this. 

2 hours ago, Woot said:

Just my free speech with William Jennings Bryan and I will use IP if I can to succeed.

Rolled a 5, autoboosts to 6.  Success!

Action to @mlcorcoran.  You may make a speech and/or go for congressional support.

6 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Action to @Agent B. You can make a speech and/or go for congressional support.

John Kern congressional support please.

Andy Mellon speech for popularity. 

1 minute ago, Agent B said:

John Kern congressional support please.

Andy Mellon speech for popularity. 

Kern rolls a 2.  Autoboosts to 3.  Want to spend an IP for the +3 votes?

Mellon rolls a 3.  Want to spend 3 IP for the popularity point? 

46 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Kern rolls a 2.  Autoboosts to 3.  Want to spend an IP for the +3 votes?

Mellon rolls a 3.  Want to spend 3 IP for the popularity point? 

I'll spend 1 for Kern and Mellon should've practiced more.

15 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Sorry guys, been dealing with some real world matters, but I should be able to get back to this around 8 pm tonight.  

Actually, I’m waiting to meet with my newest employee right now but her briefing hasn’t ended yet.  So I have a few minutes to kill.

@Shamilton

ISSUE ONE

Mr. President — you’re not going to believe this.

Though we have thus far maintained your predecessor’s declaration of neutrality in the European Matter, that neutrality is no longer just being openly ignored — it is now being directly violated.

We’ve received word from Britain that they’ve managed to intercept communications between Germany and our southern enemy Pancho Villa — offering to help install Pancho as the official leader of Mexico, in return for Pancho using all of Mexico’s might to launch a full invasion of the US.  

The message was intercepted in time and we believe Pancho has not received it — yet.

But surely THIS calls for a declaration of war against Germany...right, sir?

0AC7F994-2416-4B1C-B0EF-1BBF8A6C6F25.thumb.jpeg.45f875c934f877acb2f670df6e5f6147.jpeg

N equals 3.

Declare War: Difficulty 8.  Popularity 1.

Avoid War: Difficulty 4. Popularity -1.

Fail/Ignore: Popularity -1

24 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Actually, I’m waiting to meet with my newest employee right now but her briefing hasn’t ended yet.  So I have a few minutes to kill.

@Shamilton

ISSUE ONE

Mr. President — you’re not going to believe this.

Though we have thus far maintained your predecessor’s declaration of neutrality in the European Matter, that neutrality is no longer just being openly ignored — it is now being directly violated.

We’ve received word from Britain that they’ve managed to intercept communications between Germany and our southern enemy Pancho Villa — offering to help install Pancho as the official leader of Mexico, in return for Pancho using all of Mexico’s might to launch a full invasion of the US.  

The message was intercepted in time and we believe Pancho has not received it — yet.

But surely THIS calls for a declaration of war against Germany...right, sir?

0AC7F994-2416-4B1C-B0EF-1BBF8A6C6F25.thumb.jpeg.45f875c934f877acb2f670df6e5f6147.jpeg

N equals 3.

Declare War: Difficulty 8.  Popularity 1.

Avoid War: Difficulty 4. Popularity -1.

Fail/Ignore: Popularity -1

I campaigned with the promise that we would not sit idly like the last two administrations and watch our allies suffer. The people elected me based on this promise. This war poses more of a threat to American interests than ever before. 

And yet, I cannot do this alone. I would like to appoint @Agent B Elihu Root as Secretary of War. With our combined ability of 5, I will donate 2 personal IP if you donate your IP to reach the required 8 difficulty. Together we can finally take action! What do you say?

1 minute ago, Woot said:

@Actinguy My faction votes nay!

We were not included in getting cabinet positions and also @Shamilton has a ton of popularity already.

Copy, that's 13 votes nay, compared to Shamilton's 2 in favor.

But first we need @Agent B to indicate whether he accepts the job, accepts spending the IP, and accepts submitting the War for a vote.

42 minutes ago, Shamilton said:

I campaigned with the promise that we would not sit idly like the last two administrations and watch our allies suffer. The people elected me based on this promise. This war poses more of a threat to American interests than ever before. 

And yet, I cannot do this alone. I would like to appoint @Agent B Elihu Root as Secretary of War. With our combined ability of 5, I will donate 2 personal IP if you donate your IP to reach the required 8 difficulty. Together we can finally take action! What do you say?

criminalboilingdungbeetle?g=aHR0cHM6Ly90

I. AM. ROOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!

Let's go to war!

8 minutes ago, Agent B said:

criminalboilingdungbeetle?g=aHR0cHM6Ly90

I. AM. ROOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!!!

Let's go to war!

Ok!  Assuming @Agent B is in favor, We are now at 15 aye, 27 nay.  

If @Leuser is against it, then the measure is easily defeated.

But if @Leuser is in favor, then we have a 27-27 tie on the whip count.  

In that case, I would run the vote in order, giving each player the opportunity to buy more votes with IP (1 IP = 3 votes).  President @Shamilton would go last.

If we're still at a tie after that, it would be broken by @Agent B Vice President John Kern.

Let's begin by determining whether we actually have a tie in the whip count at all.  @Leuser what say you?

(To be clear, @Leuser don't indicate yet whether you're willing to spend IP or not.  Just looking for an aye or a nay for now.)

1 hour ago, Woot said:

@Actinguy My faction votes nay!

We were not included in getting cabinet positions and also @Shamilton has a ton of popularity already.

Sirs, perhaps your attention placed upon another man's popularity distracted you from realizing that cabinet positions have yet to be appointed. The president shall remember these words when the time comes. 

2 hours ago, Leuser said:

Let's have fun with this last bit since @Shamilton is about guaranteed to win. 

I vote NAY to war!

Oof!  This is going to be a fun final term!  ;c)