270soft Forum
Actinguy

Actinguy's Founding Fathers

21 minutes ago, mlcorcoran said:

Smoking is for idiots. I never started that vile habit, once - and I'm 43 now. And there DEFINITELY was even peer pressure in high school, too. Of course, I'm not assuming any of you personally have or haven't, just a statement here...

28 minutes ago, Patine said:

Smoking is for idiots. I never started that vile habit, once - and I'm 43 now. And there DEFINITELY was even peer pressure in high school, too. Of course, I'm not assuming any of you personally have or haven't, just a statement here...

Shhhhh.  This is a thread for people who are here to have fun.

Winfield Scott is retiring as the second-most popular President, behind Henry Clay.  Like Clay, much of his popularity was thanks to his leadership during the Civil War.  

Ok!  Election time!

President Winfield Scott retires.  The Republican easily nominate Thaddeus Stevens as their next choice for President. Stevens has held major leadership positions for the past 20 years, including Secretary of War during the entire Civil War (and again after Lewis Cass died in the most recent administration and nearly two terms as Secretary of the Treasury.

Action to @Agent B as Thaddeus chooses his Vice President.  Choose a Republican, cannot be a Northeasterner (not from CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV).  

While @Agent B considers who to choose as VP, the Democrats gather in a smoke-filled room to choose their next nominee.

There is a sense that, with Clay and Scott forced into retirement, this could be the Democrats' best chance in at least 20 years to seize the Presidency.

Attendees include:

@Leuser: Last election's nominee and official party leader (now that Fisher Ames has died) Silas Wright -- keep in mind he already has one black ring.

@Shamilton: Party leader runner up and former Secretary of State William Seward

@Agent B: Supreme Court Chief Justice and KKK founder James Buchanan

@Woot: General Robert F Stockton

@Woot Son of former president Van Buren's friend and current law school student, Samuel Tilden

@Agent B: Former Governor of New York WIlliam Marcy

@Agent B: Former Mayor of Philadelphia George M Dallas

@Leuser: The great orator, Stephen Douglas

@Leuser: Secretary of Navy Benjamin Butler

That's everyone except @mlcorcoran.  

The four of you need to agree on who will be the next Presidential candidate.  It can be any of you, or any other Democrat even if he isn't in the room.  If you cannnot agree, you'll each choose one candidate to roll for.  Formula is popularity + roll.  Highest total gets the nomination...but if you tie with anyone, you are disqualified.  If ALL of your candidates tie with someone, it will go to the most popular democrat who did not roll.

1 hour ago, Leuser said:

Silas Wright would like the opportunity to run again!

Tilden supports Silas' bid as well

4 minutes ago, Woot said:

Tilden supports Silas' bid as well

Okey doke, it’s up to @Agent B.  Do you support Silas Wright as the Democrat nominee?  If not, you’ll all roll to see who the nominee is.