270soft Forum
Dayum

User Scenarios Will Not Work AT ALL on my MacBook!

Hi, 

I play PMI UK on my MacBook, and I have been unable to play any user scenarios whatsoever. The few pre-loaded scenarios work, but if I even slightly edit duplicates of those, or play downloaded user scenarios, then I get error codes, and am unable to play. 

Any suggestions?

"if I even slightly edit duplicates of those, or play downloaded user scenarios, then I get error codes, and am unable to play."

Are you using the Editor to edit them? Do you get error codes while editing them, or afterwards when you try to start a game with them?

10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Are you using the Editor to edit them? Do you get error codes while editing them, or afterwards when you try to start a game with them?

Yes, I am using the Editor to edit them. I get error codes when I am playing them, usually within the first two or so turns. 

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

What does the first error you receive say?

@admin_270 I've attached some screenshots of the error codes/messages that appear.

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 19.28.03.png

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 19.28.21.png

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 19.28.33.png

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The best way for me to try to figure out what is happening is to send a compressed (zipped) copy of the campaign to me. You can e-mail it to the address on https://270soft.com or post it here if you'd like.

I'll post it here. 

The campaign is a role-play scenario based on The Sims 4 (nerdy, I know. :P)

Holston Forest Local Elections - May 2018.zip

28 minutes ago, lolandrewlmao said:

I have the same issue. I'd say 75% of user scenarios give me the TGameEngine error code at the same point every game.

It is really frustrating! I don't know if it's a bug or something, but it really needs to be fixed because I basically can't play user scenarios.

@admin_270

@admin_270 I've just tried playing another campaign on my MacBook, and this error message appeared towards the end of the campaign. 

At this point, the game is basically unplayable. 

Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 21.14.58.png

Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 21.15.07.png

@Dayum

The cause of the campaign crashing is there is an issue 'devolution' that doesn't have a correlate issue positions for any given party (or leader for that matter).

So somehow, a discrepancy is being created.

Can you try editing a campaign without changing the issues, and tell me if it causes a problem?

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

@Dayum

The cause of the campaign crashing is there is an issue 'devolution' that doesn't have a correlate issue positions for any given party (or leader for that matter).

So somehow, a discrepancy is being created.

Can you try editing a campaign without changing the issues, and tell me if it causes a problem?

@admin_270 I'm still getting the same error messages. 

@admin_270 After making sure everything else was working fine, I think the problem is with the political issues. I haven't made any changes to the issues, but when I play the game I still get the same error message re. the issues. 

It's just really frustrating. :( 

@admin_270 Is there anything I can myself to resolve this error?

error in TIssues::GetRandomWeighted ()

(e.g. is it just a political issue that I could delete?)

@Dayum

Like I said, the problem in the campaign in question had to do with a devolution issue. So, you have to start with a new campaign. Use as a source an official campaign. Save it without making any changes. See if that works first.

22 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@Dayum

Like I said, the problem in the campaign in question had to do with a devolution issue. So, you have to start with a new campaign. Use as a source an official campaign. Save it without making any changes. See if that works first.

@admin_270 I've just used the official 2017 campaign, and saved it; I made no changes to the campaign whatsoever, and it seemed to be working okay. However, if I do anything to any of the regions/constituencies/parties/leaders, it corrupts the campaign and makes it unplayable in one way or another.