270soft Forum
vcczar

Democratic Nominee Preference

Democratic Nominee Preference  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Please select your top 3 choices for Democratic nominee [***Please select no more and no less than three***]

• Fmr VP Joe BIden
    • Sen. Cory Booker
    • Mayor Peter Buttigieg
    • Fmr Sec. Julian Castro
    • Rep. John Delaney
    • Rep. Tulsi Gabbard
    • Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
    • Sen. Kamala Harris
    • Fmr Gov. John Hickenlooper
    • Gov. Jay Inslee
    • Sen. Amy Klobuchar
    • Fmr Rep. Beto O'Rourke
    • Sen. Bernie Sanders
    • Sen. Elizabeth Warren
    • Spiritual teacher Marianne Williamson
    • Non-profit Founder Andrew Yang
  2. 2. I would vote for the following candidates over Donald Trump, if forced to pick between the two.

• Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Beto O'Rourke
    • Elizabeth Warren
    • Kamala Harris
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Pete Buttigieg
    • Julian Castro
    • Andrew Yang
    • Marianne Williamson
    • One of the other Democrats listed in question 1, but not any of these.
    • All the above Democrats from question 1 over Trump [***please check off Democrats 1-10 as well***]
    • None. I'd vote for Trump over all the Democrats listed in these polling questions.
  3. 3. What are the chances that Donald Trump gets 270 EVs in 2020?

• 100%
    • 75% or more
    • 60% or more
    • 55% or more
    • 50/50 (complete toss up)
    • 45% or less
    • 40% or less
    • 25% or less
    • 0%

11 hours ago, vcczar said:

New Poll

1. Elizabeth Warren

2. Jay Inslee

3. Andrew Yang

(With the caveat that a Third Party candidate may end up a lot more attractive to support to me, as De La Fuente did in 2016).

4 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

1. Bernie

2. Warren

3. Gabbard, though I've heard former Senator Mike Gravel is planning on running, and if he did, he'd probably be my #3 choice

Today I learned that Mike Gravel is still alive.

@jvikings1 Wait, I just realized I read the question totally wrong, I though it said "consider voting for". This has been my fault the entire time, yeah I was very liberal with checkmarks for mere consideration, ultimately, only Joe Biden and maybe another would get that kind of "would vote for"

7 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

1. Bernie

2. Warren

3. Gabbard, though I've heard former Senator Mike Gravel is planning on running, and if he did, he'd probably be my #3 choice

He’s gotta be in his 90s

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Only the top three parties? That would have cut off my choice in the 2016 election, you know. I'm still a bit worried the 2020 GE top three party choices will end up just as wretched if things go loopy. It's certainly quite possible by the looks of it. Then yet another stolen, robbed election will ensue.

You're only allowed three questions per poll. So yes top three parties.

48 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

You're only allowed three questions per poll. So yes top three parties.

and @Patine I would have one for Dems, one for Reps, and the third question would include just the third party and independent candidate names. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

He’s gotta be in his 90s

He's 88. He said he's only running to get on the debate stage and push the other candidates leftward, especially on US Imperialism. From his website:

Sen. Gravel is committed to ending America's imperial policies (especially in Venezuela and Iran), rescheduling cannabis, fundamentally reforming our politics through direct democracy, abolishing mass surveillance on American citizens, prioritizing climate change, dismantling America's carceral state, and building a foreign policy free of undue influence by Israel and Saudi Arabia.

If he were to run, he would aim not to win, but instead to qualify for the 2020 Democratic debates in order to send a message that no other candidate, not even Bernie Sanders or Tulsi Gabbard, is willing to issue. Our goal is to push the rest of the Democratic field toward policies, especially on political reform, climate change, and foreign policy, that, for the first time in decades, will truly challenge the American plutocracy and military-industrial complex.

And besides, I rather vote for the man who had the courage to read the Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record, than someone like Joe Biden, who opposed integration, under the guise that segregation was good for black people.

10 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

He's 88. He said he's only running to get on the debate stage and push the other candidates leftward, especially on US Imperialism. From his website:

And besides, I rather vote for the man who had the courage to read the Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record, than someone like Joe Biden, who opposed integration, under the guise that segregation was good for black people.

I remember liking him in the 2000s. I watched his debate where he called himself a "potted plant" on the debate stage. 

I'd be okay with Mike Gravel solely because he'd be the only Democrat that would advocate any electoral reform that would actually even the playing field for third parties. Every other Democrat is silent on that. I also can't support any candidate that legitimately thinks reparations and court packing is good policy.