270soft Forum
vcczar

Founding Fathers PI Forum RP 2019

Just now, Actinguy said:

I believe @Hestia11 and @Reagan04 can not beat that, so Caleb wins.  Of course let me know if you guys disagree.  @vcczar

@Reagan can beat it if he uses all of his influence. He has 3 for Jefferson (down from 1 from the one he spent) + 1 faction influence. 

(And don't get too discouraged, Reagan.  It's only 1800 or so.  We still have another 100 years to go through.  It's early!

13 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

(And don't get too discouraged, Reagan.  It's only 1800 or so.  We still have another 100 years to go through.  It's early!

I feel like Christ in Gethsemane in Jesus Christ superstar to reference a different musical! "Once I was inspired, now I'm sad and tired. After all I've tried for three years, seems like 30, seems like 30."

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

I feel like Christ in Gethsemane in Jesus Christ superstar to reference a different musical! "Once I was inspired, now I'm sad and tired. After all I've tried for three years, seems like 30, seems like 30."

It will turn around. There's a lot of liberals that haven't been drawn yet. Will you bid all 4 influence to win the auction?

12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

That's probably my favorite musical. I had it memorized in 2nd grade. 

11 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Oh shit.  You’ve got other musicals in your repertoire? Let’s go.

Go, go go Reagan, you know what they say
Hang on now, Reagan, you'll make it some day
Don't give up, Reagan, fight till you drop
We've read the book, and you come out on top!

20 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

But seriously: Go go go @Reagan04.  It’s your turn. ;c)

will you bid 4 influence to win the bonus round?

15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That's probably my favorite musical. I had it memorized in 2nd grade. 

I absolutely love it! And I'll pass on destroying my IP reserves.

Ok, I'm going to address a change that I should have made. In the real board game the action card drawing phase is done in a way that benefits the weakest player. That is, that player will have their choice of the 7 action cards. So I'm guessing the best way to do this is for me to send an image of all the action cards to everyone. The player in last place will pick the first card, 3rd pace, the next card, and so on. I should have been doing this early one, and this is probably a reason why @Actinguy is dominating the game. I'd almost suggest starting the game from scratch. 

Ok.  I knew you were supposed to be doing 7 cards, but didn’t realize it was set up to boost the weakest player.  Fair point.

im fine with resetting to the beginning if that’s consensus.

5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ok.  I knew you were supposed to be doing 7 cards, but didn’t realize it was set up to boost the weakest player.  Fair point.

im fine with resetting to the beginning if that’s consensus.

I didn't think it would matter so much, but apparently it does. That's what I get for having only played this game solo, I guess. 

@vcczar

I happened to look back at the Suffrage for Women card and both the President and Attorney General are listed. Would that mean we should have combined their ability for the issue resolution, or that the president's approval was needed? This is what the rules say:

"(If multiple Office Holders are listed, e.g. "President + General", they compare their combined Ability Ratings with the Difficulty)."

If this is the case, I would think I would be returned the three IP, but also I'm unsure if how this was intended to work. 

EDIT: I accidentally posted in the wrong thread, but I will leave this here anyway.