270soft Forum
vcczar

Founding Fathers PI Forum RP 2019

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I'm naming the next state "BurrSucksatucky", @Hestia11

At least he’s remembered lol

“Quincey!  How am I to concentrate on this blasted proposal to move our nation ever westward when we can’t even get our mail delivered on time?  Go speak to Mr. Wilson about this at once!”

President Adams offers the position of Postmaster General to Mr Wilson.

@Hestia11

23 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

“Quincey!  How am I to concentrate on this blasted proposal to move our nation ever westward when we can’t even get our mail delivered on time?  Go speak to Mr. Wilson about this at once!”

President Adams offers the position of Postmaster General to Mr Wilson.

@Hestia11

Wilson promises to enhance the mail system and accepts.

Adams appoints Hamilton as Secretary of Navy and Ellsworth as Secretary of War.

@CalebsParadox has empowered me to make decisions on his behalf, and of course he accepts the free popularity boosts.

@Reagan04 Adams offers Rufus King the position of Secretary of Treasury.  You have the right to refuse, but if you do, then Pickering will have to accept it instead as the last remaining eligible player.  I can’t give it to a liberal, as I already used my one permissible liberal on Gallatin.

Either King or Pickering, your choice.  But then you’ll need to either come up with enough influence to pass the land act, or join me in taking the negative 3 popularity (and missing your chance to boost liberal support).

;c)

35 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

@Reagan04 Adams offers Rufus King the position of Secretary of Treasury.  You have the right to refuse, but if you do, then Pickering will have to accept it instead as the last remaining eligible player.  I can’t give it to a liberal, as I already used my one permissible liberal on Gallatin.

Either King or Pickering, your choice.  But then you’ll need to either come up with enough influence to pass the land act, or join me in taking the negative 3 popularity (and missing your chance to boost liberal support).

;c)

Oh boy. What this will make Adams' popularity look like?

12 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

Oh boy. What this will make Adams' popularity look like?

If it fails?  8 I think.  Which still keeps Adams as the nominee, which is all we need.

Alternate plan was to throw away all of our sweet sweet conservative support.  We need that for the long term.

Let's see, Adams' had a popularity of 10 when he was elected. +1 by the Seditions act, so 11.

+1 from suffrage, s0 12.

-3 from the scandal, so 9.

-2 from the panic, so 7 maybe?

1 minute ago, CalebsParadox said:

Let's see, Adams' had a popularity of 10 when he was elected. +1 by the Seditions act, so 11.

+1 from suffrage, s0 12.

Ill have to double check tonight but Vcczar told me the sheet is current.  

Either way, as eldest statesman, he’s still be nominee.

2 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

+1 from suffrage, s0 12.

Ok I went back to the very start.

Adams starts with 4.

Washington delegated Ohio’s statehood to Adams. 5.

Adams is accidentally elected as Franklin’s VP. 6.

Adams gives a successful speech. 7.

Adams is elected to his first full term as President. 10.

Sedition Act passes. 11.

Louisiana Purchase. 14.

Women’s suffrage. 15.

Nepotism scandal is -3. 12.

Economic panic card is -1. 11.

Adams currently has 11 popularity, as verified on @vcczar sheet.

If Reagan finds a way to get his incompetent conservatives (whichever he accepts as treasury secretary) to surpass the difficulty of the Land Act AND it passes congress, Adams popularity will increase to 14 but conservative support will drop to 5.

If Reagan fails, as I anticipate will be the case, conservative support stays at a very comfortable 7.  Adams popularity will fall to 8 but that is still first place, and Reagan’s guy will lose three popularity as well.

Either way is just fine by me, and benefits our long term plans nicely.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Which is to say, it is @Reagan04 move to decide what to do with the albatross that has landed on his desk.  ;c)

OOC: Do you know big a full-grown albatross is? I think his desk would buckle and collapse there... :P

11 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ok I went back to the very start.

Adams starts with 4.

Washington delegated Ohio’s statehood to Adams. 5.

Adams is accidentally elected as Franklin’s VP. 6.

Adams gives a successful speech. 7.

Adams is elected to his first full term as President. 10.

Sedition Act passes. 11.

Louisiana Purchase. 14.

Women’s suffrage. 15.

Nepotism scandal is -3. 12.

Economic panic card is -1. 11.

Adams currently has 11 popularity, as verified on @vcczar sheet.

If Reagan finds a way to get his incompetent conservatives (whichever he accepts as treasury secretary) to surpass the difficulty of the Land Act AND it passes congress, Adams popularity will increase to 14 but conservative support will drop to 5.

If Reagan fails, as I anticipate will be the case, conservative support stays at a very comfortable 7.  Adams popularity will fall to 8 but that is still first place, and Reagan’s guy will lose three popularity as well.

Either way is just fine by me, and benefits our long term plans nicely.

Oh! I forgot that the purchase wasnt sabotaged

1 minute ago, CalebsParadox said:

Oh! I forgot that the purchase wasnt sabotaged

Good thing, too.  I've only played the first two eras of my own game at home, and don't own the sequel, but from what I've seen there is no way to make the Louisiana purchase if you blow it the first time.  

Which means that even though you can add California, etc, later in the game...there is no path from the east coast to the west coast without travelling through France.  

8 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Good thing, too.  I've only played the first two eras of my own game at home, and don't own the sequel, but from what I've seen there is no way to make the Louisiana purchase if you blow it the first time.  

Which means that even though you can add California, etc, later in the game...there is no path from the east coast to the west coast without travelling through France.  

The sequel adds a card that allows you to take Louisiana by force. 

1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

Nice!

I must admit, you've put FAR more thought into this than I have. At this point I'm not playing to win, I'm playing to learn and RP.

Pickering accepts your offer.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

I must admit, you've put FAR more thought into this than I have. At this point I'm not playing to win, I'm playing to learn and RP.

So do you use any influence?

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Haha, that’s probably true.  The subject matter was very interesting to me so I watched some videos and then bought the game myself before we’d even played here yet.  

Im still learning too, mostly lucked into the position I find myself in right now and am now just desperately trying to cling to it.  Haha!

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Haha, that’s probably true.  The subject matter was very interesting to me so I watched some videos and then bought the game myself before we’d even played here yet.  

Im still learning too, mostly lucked into the position I find myself in right now and am now just desperately trying to cling to it.  Haha!

3 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

So do you use any influence?

Lol no, I picked the more useless of the two to take the popularity hit. I'm between a rock and hard place, might as well have the nobody get crushed.

Ok.  So the Land Act fails.  I'm not proposing any tariffs or taxes, and I think I've appointed all the positions, so I believe that makes us ready for the next election @vcczar?

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Lol no, I picked the more useless of the two to take the popularity hit. I'm between a rock and hard place, might as well have the nobody get crushed.

Cool. That puts Pickering at -3 popularity. This also means that we can safely move into the next election phase.

Adams and Jefferson are the nominees. As the Conservatives have public support, that leaves Jefferson to select his VP first.